Kiwi Brothers Slapped With 5 Charges For Assaulting Policeman

webfact

2 hours ago, GaryPustynskiy said:

I'm reading the original article and I feel my hair start moving.
"Just a couple of kids on a tourist trip" the father says.
(Mr. Hamish Day, 36, and Mr. Oscar Mattson Day, 38, the police report says)
"Who would have ever expected this?"
"They were just on holiday. It’s very difficult"
"It’s a very trying time"
I would certainly refrain of any Kiwi-bashing comments (let us all hold our steam for the next Russian-bashing session, should we?). I just came from NZ about a month ago and I can assure you this is not what you see in Christchurch on a daily basis. So my question is WHAT THE FREAKING HELL? What kind of hell should be inside your head not only to do this but to speak of this in this manner, either from the "couple of kids" or their "tree doesn't fall from the apple" parents?

36 and 38yo kids? Hendrix died 27yo.

• Like 2

“The most idiotic tourist act in Thailand 2024” award definitely goes to New Zealand this year and its duo of 36 y.o. brothers (a.k.a “boys”). Sorry, Swiss guys, I know you did your best, but not this year. While beating the Thai women in Thailand was a very creative and brave idea, it is nothing compared to attacking the local policeman and disarming (!!!) him. That unbelievable disarming part by itself would deserve a Nobel prize in Stupidity (if one only existed).

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What's wrong with people. 

These brothers would never do this in New Zealand on their own police force, nor would they try to bribe the law. 

Things never change, foreigners coming to Thailand leaving their common sense at the airport. 

The policeman in New Zealand would not have pulled a firearm and fired a shot.

I am not excusing there stupidity for what caused it all.

2 hours ago, Almer said:

Stupid post

2 hours ago, Mywayboy said:

Report states they are both Boxers .

Trained disciplined Boxers would not behave in this manner bringing disrepute to the sport.

5 years inside then deport with a lifetime ban from The Kingdom .

Agreed 💯

33 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

What's wrong with people. 

These brothers would never do this in New Zealand on their own police force, nor would they try to bribe the law. 

Things never change, foreigners coming to Thailand leaving their common sense at the airport. 

I just heard on the local radio station Pattaya FM103, that the brothers are spoilt brats.

Their parents in New Zealand just sold a family business for $10M, brother was CEO. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, zakalwe said:

I'm really thankful that the Phuket Governor came back from Germany to handle this mess.

While he is about it, clean up the taxi mafia, corrupt officials, overstaying foreigners etc etc etc etc.  Plenty to do 

• Agree 2

So no innocent until proven guilty for foreigners in Phuket, by all mean investigate and prosecute but why revoke there visa if they are to remain in the country to face charges. 

Just now, zakalwe said:

I wonder if the brothers were high. Weed is legal in Thailand not in New Zealand.

They might had been high, but not on weed. As far as i know weed has the opposite effect. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

will be slapped with five charges from the original four adding a charge of bribing officials as well.

The initial four charges are stealing, fighting and obstructing officers while performing their duties, attacking an officer and driving without a licence.

They tried to bribe the cop for the traffic offence, the officer said "no thanks, I don't take bribes", then the two Kiwi bros decided to do a runner from the cop, the cop chases them down then they get into a fist & gun fight. Something doesn't sound quite right with that story.