Thai Government Intensifies Crackdown on Foreign Criminals to Protect Tourism

webfact

Like in all countries the top brass as got to be seen doing something to justify their positions. We all have a favorite gripe, mines traffic lights, "false security - hence the most dangerous place to cross". 

Heavy on words, lite on substance. Same as it ever was (or will be). If only they would just toss the criminals they already know about or catch, that would be progress. As a non-criminal, this affects me not. 

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Furthermore, comprehensive operations have been launched to eradicate such criminal activities, aiming to refurbish the tourism sector's image and bolster the security perception among visitors.

What image might that be?

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Fine you believe in discrimination  based on nationality and ethnicity. Do not be surprised (in fact embrace it) if it happens to you. I believe all people should be and are equal under the law and the law must be applied equally to all in all cases.

Not unequally with minorities which we are, being unfairly treated by a disproportionate application of the law.

😂............Can't believe you wrote that.......😂

So what dodgy enterprise are you involved in.........🤭

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

Has the Russian woman had her visa revoked and been blacklisted? Need to have exactly the same treatment for her as for the Swiss doctor kicker, who got what he deserved.

I thought she was a “tourist”. In which case, no visa to revoke.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Last week I was at a moderately expensive resort restaurant on Chung Mon beach in Samui and my wife overheard the Farang manager say a Farang couple took off without paying.

So now, they hired more Burmese people to watch you sneaky lowlife Farangs.

My bill at this establishment was 1800B, I bet they ran up a bigger tab.

You guys should really just stay home outside your bungalows and drink all night like the cheap Germans do.

You guys can't afford to eat out even in a place where restaurants are a fraction of the cost back home.

May I recommend something more in your price range...

The 20Baht Chicken Butt on a stick at any local night market?🤣

Edited by SiSePuede419
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, bob smith said:

Looks like Hate Week is turning into Hate Month, maybe Hate Year who knows.

I can definitely feel the Hate outside at the moment. It is palpable. 

bob.

Do you feel it on AN?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

A crackdown also can protect long-stay expats too. 

It was stated/implied a couple of days ago that they are going to make it more difficult for long stay retirees/expats! "To protect tourism" 🙂 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, madmitch said:

Do they really think that a crackdown on foreign criminals would have an effect on tourism?

Are they naive enough to think that the recent incidents make news anywhere outside Thailand?

I think you will find that some naughty folk have been in the news back home....🤗

3 hours ago, jonclark said:

That is a matter of opinion ...not fact. I do not think that a bit of swearing and a kick should result in a person's life being torn apart. I feel the punishment should fit the crime. 

I'm sorry but kicking a pregnant woman 8 months into it is a hate crime I don't care if the Russian whore had her period or not this is not something we should take lightly,, kick her out and ban her for life. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Has the Russian woman had her visa revoked and been blacklisted? Need to have exactly the same treatment for her as for the Swiss doctor kicker, who got what he deserved.

BUT has he got what he deserves? Unless I've missed something? I've heard nothing about him for awhile has he been kicked out ,blacklisted or is he laying low making his money talk until it all goes away?

Edited by findlay13
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ironmike said:

I'm sorry but kicking a pregnant woman 8 months into it is a hate crime I don't care if the Russian whore had her period or not this is not something we should take lightly,, kick her out and ban her for life. 

Mike -  I was refering to the Swiss / Dr incident in Phuket. But don't let that get in the way of your anger. 

IMO she should face the punishment as the law states for anyone who assaults another person, regardless of her nationality or ethnicity. I am sure however, that you will find many supporters for your POV here on the echo-chamber of farang loathing and hate that aseanow has become. Enjoy. 

No wonder Thais are starting to dislike us so much when we fan the flames of discontent ourselves. 

• Like 1

Much ado about relatively nothing.  614 cases since Oct. 2023.  So, a tad over 100 cases a month out of millions of tourists, with most of the cases, from the article, on the petty side.  A handful of the 614, also relatively minor cases but blown way out of proportion, have garnered lots of publicity so something must be seen to be done.  These high-profile but petty cases wouldn't have caused a ripple in the US.  

• Agree 1

Much ado about relatively nothing.  614 cases since Oct. 2023.  So, a tad over 100 cases a month out of millions of tourists, with most of the cases, from the article, on the petty side.  A handful of the 614, also relatively minor cases but blown way out of proportion, have garnered lots of publicity so something must be seen to be done.  These high-profile but petty cases wouldn't have caused a ripple in the US.  

• Agree 1