Thai Officials Announce "Innovative" Expat Health Measure

webfact

4 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Indeed - thinking critically means being critical and that is not allowed in Thailand and most SEAsian countries

True, but Laotians, Burmese and Cambodians seem to be able to think for themselves more readily than Thais. Residents of these countries were largely mask-free as early as July 2022, even in the cities. 

The whole mask wearing to a restaurant and keeping the mask on until the food arrives ritual never really took off outside of Thailand. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Goat said:

Bit of a snowflake are we?

Are you smarter than thais or have you been sucked in to the "i saw it on youtube so it must be true"

Please check your facts with this and get back to me.

It isnt the Thais who are fools, it is you.

No, it's definitely you (and many Thais).

Wearing a mask inside a van while with co-workers is the behavior of sheep.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

And here it comes. After farang be bad xeno month, they double down. This has nothing to do with health reasons. 

Glad I haven't bought the house yet. Back to the plan B & C options. 

• Haha 2

Just now, cdnvic said:

You know who the funniest ones were? All the ones who thought they were the first ones to figure it out. 😉

Good one.

It brought out all those halfwits that live in constant paranoid fear in Thailand.

Classic

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marco51 said:

As "farang" are the ones who are immediately visible as foreigners, my guess would be this is another great idea the chinese ambassador came up with to

facilitate the sinoisation of Laos, sorry, already done, Cambodia...ooops, also done....Thailand. Dirty, criminal tourists and worse : expats? Farang expats! Just

leave your money, don't forget,  and piss off. Let us run every 90 days on the "inmate presence" report, within 24 hours on the "return to the paid home from

wherever report", file for ever more complicated stay permits after decades, push the boulevard media and social smutworks to show en detail every "misdeed " of

a (yuk!) whitebread, if they insist on staying, tax their already taxed pensions and life savings, check very very closely if anyone who does not look SEA or Han has

possibly bent the medieval property laws a little (with the most competent "help" of a local lawyer or something in kind) to be able to keep control of the little

company (that does employ and pay taxes) or his/her living quaters, etc etc etc......what? Still want to be here? OK, now put on masks as a public nuisance, sorry,

health risk because everybody knows the dirty West is responsible for the Wuhan Virus, the put it in the lab to smeer the brothers and sisters of the ....whatever....

and now same same but different in supermarkets or airports or otther public places the constant squeek " doo see, farang not put mass, to pai tamruat reo reo....

bad man" Then public shaming ? Way-ing to man in way too tight brown uniform? To boulevard press, then pay huge fine and agree deportation. Health minister

is invited to a personal handshake with the evil emperor. Tourists will leave $ and Euros in Europe and Philipines and Vietnam. Mission accomplished.

This story and its characters are purely fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living or preferably dead is coincidal and  intended by the author.

The Chinese themselves wear masks far less frequently than Thais. Go to China and see for yourself. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Goat said:

Oh dear.

A bit wound up by the new rules are we.

April Fools 

Sucked in.

even if this story were real, I wouldn't follow the rules anyway. I didn't do so during Covid either. My freedom and my human rights are what matters. I don't comply with tyrannical rules that serve only to oppress the common man. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Goat said:

Good one.

It brought out all those halfwits that live in constant paranoid fear in Thailand.

Classic

it is very good, but it works because it is so very possible.

8 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Yes indeed - Thais are very 'complaint' in general - they are very much more about 'social harmony' than its neighbours are. 

100%. I noticed this years before Covid, and yet Thailand is less ethnically homogeneous than Cambodia and Vietnam, for example. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Kwaibill said:

On a recent trip to hospital couldn’t help but notice a number of Thai people without masks or using them as chin slings. At hospital.

i have no problem wearing a mask despite COPD and asthma.

That said I believe this latest bureaucratic boondoggle is rooted in Asian xenophobia.

That surprises me because most hospitals in Thailand still have nearly 100% of visitors/patients in outpatient settings wearing a mask and this includes children. 

• Haha 2

Well; we live in Chiang Mai and have been wearing Masks in Public Places since the Covid Outbreak.  Now we are in 'Pollution Season' so all the more reason to use them.   In other words; any new regulation is pointless for us personally but it is descriminatory no matter how you look at it, but what do you expect when the whole Country is Xenophobic thanks to years of Government mismanagement regarding people from other Countries.   As i remind Immigration Officials on every visit to Offices...'' People from another Country are called 'Foreigners' and people from another Planet are called 'Aliens' '' !

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Highlandman said:

That surprises me because most hospitals in Thailand still have nearly 100% of visitors/patients in outpatient settings wearing a mask and this includes children. 

And me..........😷..............🤭

7 minutes ago, Carlos Primeros said:

It seems, my post has been deleted regarding the today's date of April 1 with possible fake news being shared in the media... I don't know why h it was deleted? Well, anyway...

How odd.....I mentioned it twice (not the war)....and both comments have disappeared.....how strange.

• Haha 2