Trump pays $175 million bond

CharlieH

13 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

It escapes my memory but can you tell me how many criminal charges Trump is facing? A witch hunt? Or justice at last . . . .

I don't know how many are criminal as opposed to civil, but last time I looked it was 91- could be more by now. I vaguely remember that 4 are criminal.

IMO if they wait two years without any prosecutions then slap 91 on at a politically sensitive time it certainly seems politically motivated.

There is justice in the US? If that were true, wouldn't Hunter be in the pokey by now? Wouldn't "gone to war on a lie" Bush the younger have been in jail for decades? Wouldn't Mr "lets have a secret war on Cambodia" Kissinger be in jail and not a respected elder statesman?

Do tell me how that is justice, as I don't see much of it.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Tug said:

The guy that bonded trump is the go to lender for people with bad credit applying for car loans.certainly fits trump with all his bankruptcy’s and lousy track record for paying his debts.I guess the guy got lots and lots of collateral he he he I’ll bet trumps kids are mad as all get out after trump put the business at such risk lol 😆 

Donald Hankey, (Knight Specialty) chairman, confirmed to Business Insurance Tuesday that Knight Specialty provided the bond to Mr. Trump.

“It was an opportunity to step in and make a little bit of money and take very little risk, so we’re happy with the transaction and happy we could help” the former president, Mr. Hankey said.

Collateral was first submitted in the form of “grade-A investment-grade bonds” and then put in all-cash, he said, adding that the company was satisfied with the collateral.

https://www.businessinsurance.com/article/20240402/NEWS06/912363612/Knight-Specialty-Insurance-provides-$175-million-surety-bond-for-Trump

(NB Knight Specialty has A- 'very strong' A.M. Best rating)

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Nauseus -  I'm not sure where you are coming from but this - "Funny, this court says that Trump overvalued property values but then impose impossibly overinflated fines."

I'm afraid those penalties imposed are typical and standard of the crazy amounts, it's the culture in litigious USA.

So Trump is not singled out in anyway in fact he has been favoured.

It escapes my memory but can you tell me how many criminal charges Trump is facing? A witch hunt? Or justice at last . . . .

And you support him ? Is that a good idea for you ?

No those penalties are not typical. How do you work out  that  Trump has been "favoUred"?

I support justce. Not  political lawfare.

Oh and I'll have one of those hot dogs with everything. Nice van.

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, TorquayFan said:

Yellow I am surprised to see you are Advanced 12/14, FWIW

Trump is a despicable bully - it's typical that he targets the daughter of the Judge and anyone else he can get to.

A daughter that is a political operative that has a vested interest in getting Trump. 

Lefty or Righty you don't know, so wind it in a little. 

I bet. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, In Full Agreement said:

Probably because of his unbridled urge to speak out before he thinks.

So, anyone you (or the left) feels speaks without thinking should have their free speech rights revoked, correct? 

• Confused 2
  • Love It 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Errrrr. You said, and I quote "People with far more knowledge (compared to?) of real estate values would trust Trumps word on real estate values?"

How many question marks do you see in it? I see two, ergo you asked 2 questions.

BTW, if you don't want other posters to reply to a question, you need to designate it as rhetorical. We are not psychic or mind readers.

I see. I thought he ment the original post of mine which he quoted. That was only one and rhetorical. Regarding marketing a question rhetorical: no, that's a method of speech same as sarcasm that works without marking it explicitly as such. It has nothing to do with being psychic or mind readers. It's just about understanding the words being said. Like "Who would be stupid enough to believe xyz?". Nobdoy expects an aswers to the question, it is rhetorical. It's simply used to express the opinion that people would be stupid to believe something. In the same way my question "Who would trust Trump on the property value in order to grant a bond when he's being prosecuted for lying about exactly that?" is just meaning to say that nobody will trust Trump when it comes to that question and will 1. do their own valuation and 2. give very low valuations because of the circumstances.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Collateral was first submitted in the form of “grade-A investment-grade bonds” and then put in all-cash

So that directly confirms that Trump was forced to collaterize his properties and didn't have even the strongly reduced amount of cash. He simply lied.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

I see. I thought he ment the original post of mine which he quoted. That was only one and rhetorical. Regarding marketing a question rhetorical: no, that's a method of speech same as sarcasm that works without marking it explicitly as such. It has nothing to do with being psychic or mind readers. It's just about understanding the words being said. Like "Who would be stupid enough to believe xyz?". Nobdoy expects an aswers to the question, it is rhetorical. It's simply used to express the opinion that people would be stupid to believe something. In the same way my question "Who would trust Trump on the property value in order to grant a bond when he's being prosecuted for lying about exactly that?" is just meaning to say that nobody will trust Trump when it comes to that question and will 1. do their own valuation and 2. give very low valuations because of the circumstances.

Per at least one judge, the banks that loaned Trump money all believed Trump's valuations, which is just ridiculous. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

That's the issue that is being litigated. The lenders believed him but turns out he lied. Trump couldn't even contest that. So now that he needs to borrow money and put his properties up as collateral the same situation arises, some lender needs to evaluate the value of the properties he's putting up as security but given that Trump lied about it they wont ever trust him on that and since there isn't too much time they will give him a low valuation in order to not overexpose themselves to him pulling the same stunt twice. If Trump fails he might lose his properties. He made a really <deleted>ty deal because he put himself into a corner.

The banks never believe anyone, it was a made-up case. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I don't know how many are criminal as opposed to civil, but last time I looked it was 91- could be more by now. I vaguely remember that 4 are criminal.

IMO if they wait two years without any prosecutions then slap 91 on at a politically sensitive time it certainly seems politically motivated.

There is justice in the US? If that were true, wouldn't Hunter be in the pokey by now? Wouldn't "gone to war on a lie" Bush the younger have been in jail for decades? Wouldn't Mr "lets have a secret war on Cambodia" Kissinger be in jail and not a respected elder statesman?

Do tell me how that is justice, as I don't see much of it.

In summary, you have nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nauseous - hasn't Trump just paid $93 million re. the E Jean Carroll case. Court penalties in the USA are routinely mindboggling.

Trump was originally required to post a bond for $464 million which he failed to do, he was then given 10 more days to find $175 million - that was quite a favour.

Edited by TorquayFan
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Incorrect.

Gag orders are an established procedure used to do exactly what the judge’s order states.

Trump is not the first defendant to be ordered gagged in very specific terms, nor will he be the last.

He’s being treated just the same as any other defendant who attacks or threatens the execution of justice in the courts:

https://www.nycourts.gov/LegacyPDFS/press/PDFs/Clarification-OrderRestrictingES.pdf

No one else in his cases. 

• Confused 2

Yellow - re. "A daughter that is a political operative that has a vested interest in getting Trump."

She happens to have a job in a small digital marketing Company - "Authentic is a full-service digital marketing agency for non-profits and campaigns that unleashes the power of the internet". They have been engaged by the Democrats in the past.

You overstate the point because you are desperate to defend the indefensible Trump.

A small digital marketing company that has (as I understand it) about $10M from Adam Schiff for their part in the get Trump campaign. 

She's an adult, not a kid. When her father finds Trump guilty, she will benefit finically.  

Trump.png.e15b8a70172b15556e7f11e11eed0596.png

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

A small digital marketing company that has (as I understand it) about $10M from Adam Schiff for their part in the get Trump campaign. 

She's an adult, not a kid. When her father finds Trump guilty, she will benefit finically.  

As you understand it.

Well you obviously don’t have first hand know of what you preset as fact, so where did you get that claim from?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

No one else in his cases. 

You want the judge to place gag orders on people who haven’t attacked members of the court and their families just to give Trump some company in the naughty corner?

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

As you understand it.

Well you obviously don’t have first hand know of what you preset as fact, so where did you get that claim from?

Adam Schiff called me and told me, why?

If you believe January 6th was an insurrection, and you believe that a bank takes your word for the value of the assets used to secure a loan, you should believe that. 

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Posting Trump's fake information again? 😅

Trump Bashed Judge’s Daughter on X Post. Court Says It’s Not Her

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/white-collar-and-criminal-law/trump-bashed-judges-daughter-on-x-post-court-says-its-not-her

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

When the basis of your argument is a social media meme it’s a clue you are regurgitating what you’ve been fed in which ever fetid corners of the internet you found the meme.

So, you do believe January 6th was an insurrection and that a bank takes your word for the value of the assets used to secure a loan, that's what I thought. 

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, TorquayFan said:

Thaibeachlovers - re. our earlier exchange, apparently Trump faces 91 criminal charges and 4 indictments !

And they messed up the paperwork for the bond apparently they left a lot of required information out so it got rejected lol 😝 you would think all those expensive lawyers the rubes are paying for could do a better job?ehh?

• Haha 1