New 75" TCL TVs for 16,800bht ......... and everyone whines about inflation.

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

I think you need to post your current LG model number there are many different types of TV and if you go by screen size alone you may end up with a new TV that has a worse picture quality than your 6 year old current model

I've always bought the base models, and the screens have always been perfect.

• Thumbs Up 1

When I arrived here 30 odd years ago the first TV I bought was a 21" Toshiba ,

12,000 Baht ,Tv maybe the only things that have gotten bigger and much cheaper.

regards Worgeordie

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've always bought the base models, and the screens have always been perfect.

Perfect in your eyes could be horrible to some one else eyes

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, giddyup said:

To think I paid around 120,000 baht for my first 42" plasma TV, and had to buy a digital tuner separately.

Was that a Panasonic Professional Display model starting with TH

Panasonic Professional went through a period of asking their engineers to design monitors without cost restraints placed on them 

all models were designed without a built in tuner

early models around 2000 started at approx £6,000 for 42" models

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

When I arrived here 30 odd years ago the first TV I bought was a 21" Toshiba ,

12,000 Baht ,Tv maybe the only things that have gotten bigger and much cheaper.

regards Worgeordie

I'd have to defer to your experience Worgeordie... 

From what I've read about bars in Pattaya, nothings got cheaper although some entertainment have gotten bigger

23 hours ago, BritManToo said:

So I was browsing the Lazada 4.4 sale and noticed this offer, 75 inch, 16k8.

Everyone keeps on going on about inflation, but last time I looked a 75 inch TV was around 35,000bht.

Obviously it might be junk but reviews are good, 3 year guarantee, Android Tv, free delivery.

Offer only on mobile app, still priced at 20k+ on website.

What could possibly go wrong?

Screenshot_2024-04-04-12-20-39-880_com.lazada.android.jpg

Good one and there should be more reporting like this you should be phuket's leading reporter I love it should have a website dedicated to shopping and ratings and reviews yes buy and let us know how it goes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember years and years ago before flat screens I had a 30 inch tv, which was considered big at the time, especially since my tv in college was a 12 inch black & white.  Thing was super heavy and it took 2 people to carry it.  My spouse and I joke that every time we buy a new property here in Thailand, our tvs get bigger.  I think we started with a 32 inch, then moved to 42, then 50, then 55, then 65, then 75.  The tvs got bigger but the prices stayed the same or were less--nice when the price of something goes down rather than up.  With our recent move to our second house, we bought a floor model 85 inch tv for around 28,000 baht.  85 inch might be our limit--but never say never. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Was that a Panasonic Professional Display model starting with TH

Panasonic Professional went through a period of asking their engineers to design monitors without cost restraints placed on them 

all models were designed without a built in tuner

early models around 2000 started at approx £6,000 for 42" models

It was a Panasonic, couldn't tell you the model #. This was in Australia over 25 years ago. In fact I still have a Panasonic plasma 50" that I bought when I arrived in Thailand 14 years ago. Never gets used though.

23 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Would I be correct in thinking it is Chinese made? If so good luck should it go wrong at any time.

I purchased a Chinese made Hisense 70" TV 3 years ago, B19,000, used daily and never a single issue. Just more mindless ragging on anything Chinese.  No doubt, there is a lot of Chinese garbage out there, a fair amount of garbage from everywhere else as well. A close eye on most products from wherever your home country is will undoubtedly reveal mostly Chinese components.

For sure, I could have paid 75,000+ Baht on a Sony or LG and perhaps better build quality but guess what? Go to their specific forums on the internet and you will find dissatisfied owners as well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, dddave said:

I purchased a Chinese made Hisense 70" TV 3 years ago, B19,000, used daily and never a single issue. Just more mindless ragging on anything Chinese.  No doubt, there is a lot of Chinese garbage out there, a fair amount of garbage from everywhere else as well. A close eye on most products from wherever your home country is will undoubtedly reveal mostly Chinese components.

For sure, I could have paid 75,000+ Baht on a Sony or LG and perhaps better build quality but guess what? Go to their specific forums on the internet and you will find dissatisfied owners as well.

No, the Chinese are experts at copying items but their quality is dubious at best. Japan was bad for quality but improved over the years and possibly the Chinese will do the same; I assume they will. However, at the present they concentrate on looks not quality.

You want Chinese products that is fine you have the choice. Remember, quality comes with a price which is why Chinese products are significantly cheaper than the big name brands.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, proton said:

Who watches tv these days?

Me. It's better than navel contemplation.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, n00dle said:

How far in the past are you living? A staggering amount of products people depend on daily are made in china, everything from iphones to top bicycle brands.

About 1 minute. You are obviously living in a fantasy world but that is fine. It is your money and you can spend it any way you like.

The iPhones are under Apple's quality check. Not that I think the iPhone is particularly good but it is personnel preference.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1