Allegedly Intoxicated British Man on Motorbike Crashes Into Pattaya Taxi Injures Two Girls

snoop1130

6 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

Would a Brit actually drink too much and ride a motorbike? I could see that kind of behavior from a Aussie but a "Brit". Are you sure it was a Brit?  

I believe it possible of both..... or many nationalities for that matter. 

I have no sympathy for anyone drinking alcohol and driving 

This is going to cost him a pretty penny 💰 

He is lucky no loss of life involved 😱

Could have cost him dearly ie loss of visa 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Crossy said:

:whistling:

Watchai is a very busy place from 3-8 am with good girls finishing work and visiting temple to wash away the sins only to repeat the same thing next day over again😎

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Three on one small motorbike?

Two girls on the back of a motorbike?

There should be a law.

There is.......Hefty fine for motorbike driver and take away his licence for 1 month. He and his mates would soon learn to respect Thai law

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Sigmund said:

These issues involving foreigners are increacing ever since cannabis became legal. Not to mention the other harsher drugs available in the black market!! (no puns). Allowing the free sale of cannabis has attracted all the junkies from the west to Thailand.

So where in the article was it mentioned that this guy had been smoking cannabis? Nowhere to be precise, entirely made up from your own keyboard and bias. Then you for some reason believe that people attracted by cannabis are junkies? Weird, junkies refer to heroin addicts, they're not pot smokers.

As you're aware, Thailand was the land of the well-behaved Westerner prior to the legalization of cannabis and opening of the shops. At least in your mind it seems. Those of us who are in the real world however recall things differently.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

No, it's made available a drug that calms people, helps with some ailments, makes money for people and the government, just like it has back in America. People don't travel to Thailand to get high. If they like to party, weed is available everywhere. Just don't transport it between countries. A junkie is usually referred to someone using needles for drugs like heroin. Those that use weed are called potheads.

Cannabis reduces the level of alertness of the user just like alcohol 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Adding to your U turn observations,  why pray tell me why are they so slow at getting up to the normal traffic speed? 

It's the same as when they pull out from the side of the road.  It's as if they have a preponderance for a funeral procession. 

So any traffic that is on the road when they pull out, has to slow the fak down for these morons.  Don't start me on how some merge. 

Hope the girls get better soon so they can carry on with their 'religious' duties. 

The mixture of those wanting to drive at flat out breakneck speed  with those driving at a snails pace is one of the fundamental causes of traffic accidents.

Another annoyance is when somebody gets a bit impatient, decides they can't wait any longer, and pulls out straight in front of me often resulting in the need to brake hard.  yet behind me is a totally open and clear road

• Like 1

14 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

British. From Liverpool. Total idiot.

So sad for the innocent young girls seriously injured.

Could not see where it said he was a Scouser. Nobody wearing helmets. Three on a bike. Pi55ed falang = big problems all round 

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

he had picked up two female passengers to bring to Wat Chai for religious reasons.

At 3.16 AM sure he did, just in time before the Monks get out of bed.

I thought if a motorist caused serious injury or death to a third party while being under the influence of alcohol, it carried a mandatory penalty of ten years in prison. That's where he should go.

Edited by XB12X
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

Most posters only read the headlines 

Hench every poster saying he was drunk, that has not been confirmed, only by AN members judge and jury.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Classic Ray said:

where a slow moving vehicle turns into the path of higher speed traffic.

Speed between two objects is relative, 3kmh vs 10kmh the latter can be considered "high speed." But there is also comparison of mass between the two colliding objects. The higher the speed the higher mass and thus, higher kinetic energy delivered to the slower object. Thus, apart from lack of helmets, the three on a motor bike might receive greater impact and injury than the Brit.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Watchai is a very busy place from 3-8 am with good girls finishing work and visiting temple to wash away the sins only to repeat the same thing next day over again😎

They need to wash more than their 'sins' away me thinks.    :whistling: