BREAKING NEWS! Iran potentially triggers World War 3

george

On 4/14/2024 at 10:38 AM, Ben Zioner said:

Ok, next step: total destruction of Iranian nuclear facilities.

The next step should be the total destruction of ALL the Israeli nuclear weapons and facilities.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

The next step should be the total destruction of ALL the Israeli nuclear weapons and facilities.

Happens very often .

When something is stated , some people just say the say thing again and just changing the County to Israel .

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Happens very often .

When something is stated , some people just say the say thing again and just changing the County to Israel .

Israelis are as crazy as their neighbours! Just open your eyes so you can see. Same people, same goal, same dream just without each other

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Great idea, leave the gate open for the Iranian terrorist country...🙄

Why do you think your small home country is secure without using their nuclear arsenal.....?..

57 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I haver no idea about any USA Embassy

Realy? You have no idea what is in a US embassy , yet you know what is in an Iranian embassy:laugh:

I will give you this. If nothing else , you sure are funny. 

But you failed to unswore my question.

"If military personal, and/or spooks are in a US embassy , does that mean that such embassy is a legitimate military target. 

FYI: " Wikipedia is a wiki, meaning anyone can edit nearly any page and improve articles immediately. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing#:~:text=Wikipedia is a wiki%2C meaning,made Wikipedia better for all.

On 4/14/2024 at 11:41 AM, rabas said:

Urgent memo:

World War III has been called off for now. It's beginning to appear through the fog that Israel with help from Western air forces successfully stopped the vast majority of the massive attack. Defenses included the first ever observed exo-atmospheric interceptions.   video

Let's hope this proves true and Israel chooses a smart response. 

Sadly IMHO I don't think that will happen as long as Netanyahu and his murderous handpicked war cabinet is running Israel.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Realy? You have no idea what is in a US embassy , yet you know what is in an Iranian embassy:laugh:

"If military personal, and/or spooks are in a US embassy , does that mean that such embassy is a legitimate military target. 

FYI: " Wikipedia is a wiki, meaning anyone can edit nearly any page and improve articles immediately. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing#:~:text=Wikipedia is a wiki%2C meaning,made Wikipedia better for all.

This was talked about a few pages back. The guy you're arguing with knows the building was untouchable, he knows it is illegal and he knows he is wrong. Even his friend BKK Brian admits he was wrong about the buildings. International law is VERY clear. Even if the building was being used as a military base, it is STILL untouchable.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Sadly IMHO I don't think that will happen as long as Netanyahu and his murderous handpicked war cabinet is running Israel.

Netanyahu is horrible and he has to go, most Israelis want him gone, but the conflicts lsrael is dealing with don't magically go away without him.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I did mean that I have no interest in hypothetical situations about USA Embassies and I really can not be bothered to analyse  and comment on hypothetical off topic  situations .

Heres one for you : If a Russian man was in a North Korean Embassy in Brazil, should the Ukrainian Government send him lunch everyday ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

This was talked about a few pages back. The guy you're arguing with knows the building was untouchable, he knows it is illegal and he knows he is wrong. Even his friend BKK Brian admits he was wrong about the buildings. International law is VERY clear. Even if the building was being used as a military base, it is STILL untouchable.

Embassy buildings are only untouchable by the Country where the Embassy is located .

Can you not understand that ??

Iran Embassy in Syria cannot be touched by Syrians 

Iran Embassy in Syria can be touched by non Syrians .

Embassies only have protection from the Country where they are located .

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So what. They were still Iranians citizens in a third country.

Israel attacked Iran first

Iran retaliated as they could and should.

Israel runs crying to the UN and whines about the Iranian retaliation.

Israel has ignored so many UN resolutions, and yet they want UN support NOW.

Perhaps attacking the Iranians in Syria was not the brightest thing that Israel could have done.

You are right, he is wrong.

There are only 4 countries that say IRGC is a terrorist organization. Therefore, it is NOT a terrorist organization, because it has not been approved by the world -a UN vote would be required. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Revolutionary_Guard_Corps

Currently, the IRGC is designated as a terrorist organization by Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Sweden and the United States.[9][10]

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Have you any idea the power of the Israeli(US) army?

It would be suicide to say 'hey Israel, 2pm at the border, you against us'. When dealing with bullies, drastic measures are required. This conflict did not start on Oct 7!

The ongoing aggression by Israel against Gaza has created an imbalanced power dynamic where the Palestinian people are severely disadvantaged. IDF's  superiority, backed by advanced weaponry(from US) leaves Gazans unable to match the Israeli army's might. This power asymmetry, coupled with discrimination, apartheid-like policies, and rampant human rights violations such as arbitrary detentions without trial, creates a sense of desperation among the oppressed. When faced with relentless oppression and limited means to defend themselves, some individuals tragically resort to acts of terrorism as a desperate attempt to resist occupation and draw attention to their plight. While I don't justiify terrorism , I understanding the root causes, including the unequal power dynamics and systematic injustices. 

You sound like a muslim.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Do consulates run as private enterprise, can they do what they like, hide/shield who they like. I don't know, but I am sure you will clarify for me......😉

They are of course not private enterprises as they are run by a government and are the official diplomatic mission in a foreign state. They are not, contrary to popular belief (and wrongly stated also in this thread by some) sovereign territory of the sending country. They act under the juristiction of the host country. But the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations states that the host country may not enter the premises and there is an array of immunities granted. It's not uncommon that an embassy houses/shields who they like as you phrased. But there have been also a handful of instances where the host country has forcefully entered the premises.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

There are only 4 countries that say IRGC is a terrorist organization. Therefore, it is NOT a terrorist organization, because it has not been approved by the world -a UN vote would be required. 

Therefore, it is NOT a terrorist organization, because it has not been approved by the world -a UN vote would be required.

You don't have to be UN voted to be a terror group, that's nonsense:

List of designated terrorist groups

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_groups

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, billd766 said:

So what. They were still Iranians citizens in a third country.

Israel attacked Iran first

Iran retaliated as they could and should.

Israel runs crying to the UN and whines about the Iranian retaliation.

Israel has ignored so many UN resolutions, and yet they want UN support NOW.

Perhaps attacking the Iranians in Syria was not the brightest thing that Israel could have done.

Totally agree with you. IMO Iran knew their missiles/drones probably wouldn't do any damage (ie: would be intercepted by the iron fist!), so their response was really symbolic. Unless provoked again by Israel they won't send anymore missiles/drones.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Therefore, it is NOT a terrorist organization, because it has not been approved by the world -a UN vote would be required.

You don't have to be UN voted to be a terror group, that's nonsense:

List of designated terrorist groups

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_designated_terrorist_groups

It would make it official though, right?

The fact that only 4 out of 205 states: the US, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Sweden, have said it is a terrorist group is evidence enough that only a small minority of states think this way.

If it only takes a couple of states to make someone a terrorist group, then I'm pretty sure all of the world would be labeled 'terrorist'.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Totally agree with you. IMO Iran knew their missiles/drones probably wouldn't do any damage (ie: would be intercepted by the iron fist!), so their response was really symbolic. Unless provoked again by Israel they won't send anymore missiles/drones.

You class 300 drones as symbolic. 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I did mean that I have no interest in hypothetical situations about USA Embassies and I really can not be bothered to analyse  and comment on hypothetical off topic  situations .

You still have not answered my initial question . I wonder why?

34 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Heres one for you : If a Russian man was in a North Korean Embassy in Brazil, should the Ukrainian Government send him lunch everyday ?

I will answer yours right after you answer mine, Wink Wink

Also you seem to have forgotten my comment about your wikipedia source .  Do I need to remind you?

15 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Math doesn't work that way.  How many countries officially designate IRGC as non terrorist nice guys, 0. (excepting perpetrator Iran)

4 Yea, 0 Nay:  Thus  state terrorist organization. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Embassy buildings are only untouchable by the Country where the Embassy is located .

Can you not understand that ??

Iran Embassy in Syria cannot be touched by Syrians 

Iran Embassy in Syria can be touched by non Syrians .

Embassies only have protection from the Country where they are located .

Article 22 of the Vienna Convention of Diplomatic Relations clearly states that the premises of the diplomatic mission are inviolable. It does not say inviolable by the host country. It is a convention that applies to all countries that ratified the treaty. That also applies to Israel. It would have been much smarter for Israel to bomb them when their targets were in some car or whatever. But I guess Israel doesn't care much anymore at this point.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

The fact that only 4 out of 205 states: the US, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Sweden, have said it is a terrorist group is evidence enough that only a small minority of states think this way.

If it only takes a couple of states to make someone a terrorist group, then I'm pretty sure all of the world would be labeled 'terrorist'.

You made a false claim, for example, the IRA is not voted as a terrorist group by the UN and only voted as such by the UK. The are indeed terrorist's though, I was in London when a few of their bombs went off.

1 minute ago, Brickleberry said:

Soon be 5 at least.

The UK is preparing to formally declare that Iran's Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) is a terrorist organisation.

The legal change would mean it becomes a criminal offence in the UK to belong to the group or support its activities.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-64156965

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, rabas said:

Math doesn't work that way.  How many countries officially designate IRGC as non terrorist nice guys, 0. (excepting perpetrator Iran)

4 Yea, 0 Nay:  Thus  state terrorist organization. 

What world do you live in? That's not how math or voting works!

We have 205 states. 4 of which say this is a terrorist group, 201 of which have refused to designate them as a terrorist group. Therefore, they are not a terrorist group.

For your logic to be correct, you would have to admit that the US, & Israel are terrorist states, as they have been labelled as such by other countries.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1