Foreigner jumps from tower in Surat Thani province

roo860

36 minutes ago, Hummin said:

An old diver or base jumper going in with style. 

May he find peace

I agree.

Beautiful form.

With a bit more practice, he might have won Olympic Gold in the very-high diving event.

Sad, because he seems to have been in quite good physical shape... (before his dive, of course.)

Too much stress at the moment.

I would guess that a helping hand, at the right moment, might have averted this calamity.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

Very disturbed person ! If not deceased will be suffering a long while.

You watch too many movies if you were thinking he had a chance of surviving this lol. Just FYI like 500,000 people yearly die of slipping and falling with a height of 0 meters, a heavily underrated threat and death.

If you jump from around 30 meter height, you would be going down with 80km per hour, it is unlikely to survive. Jumps lower than 30 meter can result in failed attempts, IMO people want it to fail if they jump from 10-20 meters. For more info join our walk in Saturdays at the Pattaya Flying Club.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I agree.

Beautiful form.

With a bit more practice, he might have won Olympic Gold in the very-high diving event.

Sad, because he seems to have been in quite good physical shape... (before his dive, of course.)

Too much stress at the moment.

I would guess that a helping hand, at the right moment, might have averted this calamity.

I respect his choice, but not his way which impact alot of other people. 

No need to kill yourself making a carnage. There is better ways if thats anyones final decision.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Hummin said:

No need to kill yourself making a carnage. There is better ways if thats anyones final decision.

Totally subjective, to actually go and see his body, not have to be more people than it would be in a hotel room setting, or even a house. Suicide is never good unless you tell people upfront, so they can avoid the issue for strangers, and you then do it clean with like some pills.

That's why they should provide these services legally and safe in like hospitals.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Yes.

Bad timing.

He should have chosen 5:00AM.

Less of a crowd.

At dawn is always the preferred time.

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

You watch too many movies if you were thinking he had a chance of surviving this lol. Just FYI like 500,000 people yearly die of slipping and falling with a height of 0 meters, a heavily underrated threat and death.

If you jump from around 30 meter height, you would be going down with 80km per hour, it is unlikely to survive. Jumps lower than 30 meter can result in failed attempts, IMO people want it to fail if they jump from 10-20 meters. For more info join our walk in Saturdays at the Pattaya Flying Club.

Given that the item posted above does not state this man achieved death and that I am not inclined to ghoulishly seek out further details and despite your apparent authority on suicidal heights it states a 20 meter jump so I will excuse my  ignorance .

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

Bad timing.

He should have chosen 5:00AM.

Less of a crowd.

At dawn is always the preferred time.

Do you think the crowd bothered him?

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Totally subjective, to actually go and see his body, not have to be more people than it would be in a hotel room setting, or even a house. Suicide is never good unless you tell people upfront, so they can avoid the issue for strangers, and you then do it clean with like some pills.

That's why they should provide these services legally and safe in like hospitals.

Pills, bad idea, you can survive with alot of damage to your intestines and your brain. 

1 hour ago, PJ71 said:

Do you think the crowd bothered him?

a. I think that the crowd may have interfered with his concentration.

b. When competing in the HIGH-dive event, concentration is key.

c. If one were to lose one's concentration, this could cause a bad landing, and then result in serious injury.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hummin said:

Pills, bad idea, you can survive with alot of damage to your intestines and your brain. 

Exactly!

Any kind of ingested substance, such as barbiturates, or bleach, etc., is a very bad idea.

There is just not enough USER CONTROL possible.

People often fail to consider the ramifications of rash actions.

The moral to the story is:

Look before you leap!

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

IMO people want it to fail if they jump from 10-20 meters.

While there may be occasions where that is true, most suicide attempts follow a specific trigger, after a long-term build up of stress. The triger is instant and the person wants to do the job as quickly as possible, possibly for fear of changing their mind and prolonging their suffering. They are not in a right state of mind to be scientifically assessing the height of the window or balcony to ensure it's going to do the job properly for them.

20 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

agree,  it should be a basic human right to be able to end your  life when you like painlessly in all countries, using methods like pegasus or dignity, Im gonna die when I choose unless  by accident.

• Thumbs Up 2