Phuket Hospital Appeals for Respectful Conduct from Russian Patients

webfact

1 hour ago, alien365 said:

Are the Russians really that bad here or are people just venting? I don't have any experience with them here, hence the question, but I lived with some Russians in the UK and they were nice straight talking people.

No they are not, I have met many Russians over the years here in Phuket ok some are not but that applies to other nationalities, I had to tell a Russian couple last week, "You Smile" "They Smile" 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Polaky said:

Charge respectable prices and would receive respect in return, I mean really 50,000baht for a splinter!!, Russian's will soon open up medical clinics and treat their own, only a matter of time. 

You might be right, I know a Thai girl who is a pharmacist and speaks fluent Russian, a lot of Russians go to her because of that, I doubt anyone in that hospital can speak Russian, I can tell you I have been in there a few times and English is not that good, infact once a nurse asking me questions in English was so bad I told her to speak Thai, your English is crap, and she was an arrogant piece of <deleted>,

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, baipaibkk said:

if you are in Phuket (little Moscow), you have to accept the Russian culture. The people there should know the Russian language

Last time I looked Phuket was in Thailand ? Why should they learn Russian , wrong way round ... 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Asking a Russian to be respectful and to not be rude is like asking an indigenous Alaskan to not eat fish. It's a bit like asking a Frenchman to demonstrate affection toward an American, or asking a Thai government official to show warmth and hospitality toward an expat living here. 

I visited my son in Moscow when he worked there, before I Went over he warned me not to be my usual self. Don't laugh and joke with the immigration , don't hold the door open for anybody, being nice is a sign of weakness ...lol.. I also learned the spasiba/pajalsta/privyet... or whatever . He was there for 4 years , I only went twice ... 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 0815 said:

Erinnert mich an die 90er Jahre, als viele Russen nach Deutschland auswanderten.
„Einige“ von ihnen schienen aus einer sehr seltsamen Kultur zu stammen ..

and how they raged in East Germany.

As has been said before - the Government wanted them - now they,ve got them - warts and all!

Seriously, what type of people are "rude and aggressive" towards people who are trying to help them? (Don't answer that - I already know - starts with "R" and has two "S's" in the middle!)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ivan ain't backwards in coming fwd that's for sure and Thai quacks ain't used to being questioned as they are used to being treated one below God status coz they ",learnt up"

Ivan's national id must have unsettled someone with  clout to get a govt statement 

3 hours ago, stix40 said:

Fecking Russian 

Thai hospital staff bloody brilliant!!

Great experience every time.

Send these coward war Dodgers home .

Cockey arrogant big headed loud  annoying 

Skin cringing 

And that's just the women !

PISS OFF  Home ! 

War dodgers? It’s a good thing ignorance is a bliss ehh?

there is no forced mobilisation in Russia , no one needs to dodge anything , at least educate yourself to appear half as ignorant.

Russians coming here because they cannot go to crimea and it’s cheaper to come to Thailand than to go to Sochi and most importantly most were here for the winter with many returning in the coming months for Russian summer 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, BestB said:

there is no forced mobilisation in Russia , no one needs to dodge anything , at least educate yourself to appear half as ignorant.

Russians coming here because they cannot go to crimea and it’s cheaper to come to Thailand than to go to Sochi and most importantly most were here for the winter with many returning in the coming months for Russian summer 

Yer what ever 

Arrogant people 

If you love them good for you !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Charge them more , Why does one need to be aggressive and disrespectful

in a hospital ....now they think they own the place 🙄

regards Worgeordie

I was at immigration, got to the front of the line and the lady on the counter had to leave the desk for a short time.
This to me was no problem, then a Russian female jumped the line right to the front, I politely said in a loud voice there is a line of people go to the back.

I stay, I stay I not move, my only response was in a loud  voice you have no respect just like the rest of your people.

I might have not said this if she had been 6 foot LOL

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

Lot of Russians in vans going to Laos for visas, never seen them there before...

In my hotel, they were loud for no reason, strutting around as if special, first time I have encountered them..........🤔

Hopefully they are all not like that........🤭

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

Surprised this thread made it to 5 pages without being closed. 

In the queue at Sav consulate, they were lugging on ciggies, no thought for anyone, stinking the place out.

There was a funny ending though, a bunch of 4 left one to keep their place whilst they went to down a few beers, 11am was looming, gateman had his keys ready to lock up. The one bloke was pleading not to lock the gate, still no sign of the p_ss heads. The key bloke said..."Come back tomorrow".....Clunk-click... 😂

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Cultural sensitivity training for staff: Equipping staff with basic knowledge about Russian cultural norms and communication styles could help them better understand patient behavior and de-escalate potentially tense situations.

Presumably this just means they'll be shouting/fighting back with the Russians... 🤔

10 hours ago, webfact said:

and unreasonable expectations regarding treatment.

I expect, once they find out they are being shafted on the medical bills. all backed by the racist dinosaurs in charge of the government, or legal gouging may be the saying, they demand a higher level of service. Just a thought. on the other hand it could be that most of them are loud ignorant a holes with a bigger ME,ME attitude than any high -so in a fortuner.

• Confused 1

achira Phuket Hospital is likely taking proactive steps to address this issue.  Here are some potential measures they might consider:

Cyanide capsules... Novichok candies... Plutonium tea bags...

• Haha 1

PHUKET - Vachira Phuket Hospital issued a public statement on Friday, urging all patients, particularly those from Russia, to exhibit respectful behavior towards medical staff. The statement comes after a reported rise in incidents involving rude and aggressive behavior from some Russian patients.

Nice to see the Russians giving rude and aggressive Westerners a good name.