Phuket Hospital Appeals for Respectful Conduct from Russian Patients

webfact

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

You might be right, I know a Thai girl who is a pharmacist and speaks fluent Russian, a lot of Russians go to her because of that, I doubt anyone in that hospital can speak Russian, I can tell you I have been in there a few times and English is not that good, infact once a nurse asking me questions in English was so bad I told her to speak Thai, your English is crap, and she was an arrogant piece of <deleted>,

I think if I was a Thai nurse asking questions in English was told to "Speak Thai, your English is crap", I would be a bit miffed too! 

Being pedantic, yours isn't brilliant either - were you not taught to use "full stops" at your school?

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe for a International hospital they should be employing Russian staff I see plenty of Russians going there when I have had to use the hospital, 

The hospital staff are not completely innocent especially the nurses their attitude has been really bad on a few occasions, To me it was like they dont like Farangs, One time I was in there with dengue the nurse came in the room I asked her to turn the A/C down, she turned it off and walked out of the room, not long after that some farang manager came to see me and as he was talking to me he asked if I dont like A/C I said I love it but the nurse turned it off, 

Another time my wife was in accident so she was admitted for a couple days in that new part, and I stayed with her overnight, almost opposite my wifes room was a reception area, at 2-30 am in the night the noise was that bad I went out to them asked them to quieten down and took some photo's as evidence, you should have seen the looks I got, I could go on, but we'll leave it at that. 

I have noticed over the years Russians do have a bad attitude towards Thai's 

Russians are bossy unless you stand your ground. They have a bad attitude overall not just towards Thais.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Maybe for a International hospital they should be employing Russian staff I see plenty of Russians going there when I have had to use the hospital, 

The hospital staff are not completely innocent especially the nurses their attitude has been really bad on a few occasions, To me it was like they dont like Farangs, One time I was in there with dengue the nurse came in the room I asked her to turn the A/C down, she turned it off and walked out of the room, not long after that some farang manager came to see me and as he was talking to me he asked if I dont like A/C I said I love it but the nurse turned it off, 

Another time my wife was in accident so she was admitted for a couple days in that new part, and I stayed with her overnight, almost opposite my wifes room was a reception area, at 2-30 am in the night the noise was that bad I went out to them asked them to quieten down and took some photo's as evidence, you should have seen the looks I got, I could go on, but we'll leave it at that. 

I have noticed over the years Russians do have a bad attitude 

Bumrungrad has a sign in the hospital rooms which says that staff should be treated with respect.

They don't have many Russian patients but Westerners & Middle Eastern. 

In many hospitals in European countries you will find hospital security staff for a reason: aggressive patients.

Edited by Letseng
Wrong text
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, rexpotter said:

Hellfire: Your English is not very clear. Is it your native tongue?

Edited 12 hours ago by rexpotter

And you Harry Potter I doubt English is your native tongue. Maybe Aberdeen is your native tongue or Liverpool or Manchester or Dundee or Iverness or Swansea or Cockney or Aberystwyth or... but for sure not Oxford

• Haha 1

Russia is in Europe territory and as westerners have the same rude behaviour agianst civilians from other continents.

American civilians are rude and make discriminations against Asian civilians.

Medical staf concentrate the anger and bad mood created from corona period "guidance" .....

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, Andre0720 said:

''Multilingual signage and information brochures: Providing clear instructions and information about hospital procedures in multiple languages, including Russian, can help manage patient expectations and avoid misunderstandings."

One loaded precedent...

How many languages, how many procedures?

Oh yes, the procedure about giving your name at the reception, getting a cue number, and waiting for your turn.

All these confusing steps that people of different culture and language seem to understand by intuition....

Google translate is a valid option, too.

15 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

"The hospital might establish a clear policy outlining unacceptable behavior"

Sad realty is that Russians have to be told what acceptable behavior is

So do USians and most English speaking nations.  

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Most, if not all, private Phuket hospitals employ Russian coordinators on staff. 

"International Medical Care: “We speak your language”

Bangkok Hospital Phuket employs a team of multilingual coordinators who are always ready to assist guests to overcome any language barriers. The hospital also liaises and coordinates with leading insurance & assistance companies worldwide to facilitate the insured with direct billing agreements. Over a dozen worldwide languages are spoken at Bangkok Hospital Phuket, which ensures patients can feel at ease in any language. Multilingual Coordinators speak English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Norwegian, Danish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, and Tagalog."

Obviously, Government hospitals don't have the budget for such staff.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, mran66 said:

I am absolutely not racist and have nothing against Black people (nor any other skin colours), Norwegians nor birds for that matter, whether able to fly or not. However due to personal experiences unfortunately I can not say the same about Russians, and my grandpa can say even less so.

My point was about statistics of well behaving Russians, and as I have quite a few Norwegian neighbors and was just talking with one of them (white hair white skin guy),  just took them as example thinking what they as people are and what they are not statistically.

I apologize if you understood my point as insulting for Black, that was absolutely not the intention.

No need to apologise. It was obvious what your point was. Just a woke looking to be offended where no offence exists.

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Seems that way, drunken rape and theft, it seems that is acceptable behavior by them in the Ukraine, so give them free 3+ month visas Clown face PM, who has no Idea about Russians or their culture. 

Russians are not from the Ukraine... 

• Confused 3

11 hours ago, BestB said:

War dodgers? It’s a good thing ignorance is a bliss ehh?

there is no forced mobilisation in Russia , no one needs to dodge anything , at least educate yourself to appear half as ignorant.

Russians coming here because they cannot go to crimea and it’s cheaper to come to Thailand than to go to Sochi and most importantly most were here for the winter with many returning in the coming months for Russian summer 

What rock do you live under?  At least educate yourself to appear half as ignorant... 

Russia conscription laws change, leaving some fearful of Ukraine war call-up

5 August 2023

By Olga Ivshina,BBC News Russia

RUSSIAN DEFENCE MINISTRY

Russia's Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu (centre left) inspects troops at a shooting range in the country's Southern Military District

"Now I live in a state of constant fear. I can't plan anything," says Peter, 27.

He is a salesman living in St Petersburg - but he is now at risk of being called up to fight as part of the Ukraine war.

At the end of July, Russia raised the maximum conscription age by three years, widening the pool of men that can be called up to serve. Peter is one of millions affected by this change.

Before, all healthy men in Russia aged between 18 and 27 had to serve one year of compulsory military service. Conscription was carried out twice a year.

Now, all men up to 30 years of age can be called up.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Hellfire said:

unreasonable expectations regarding treatment.
——

Yes, some people don’t expect to pay triple prices for everything and get angry. You cannot expect a respectability from somebody you openly rob. 

Triple prices compared to what? Surely not the social security  paying Thai residents?

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Russian patients have exhibited demanding and disrespectful behavior towards staff. These reports mention instances of yelling, verbal abuse

Poor Thailand 😔

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Yeah, they are and have been uneducated so far:

The Tsar, the writers as Dostoevsky or composers as Rachmaninoff. All uneducated? I suppose many Russians here got a diploma from University, which I can't day probably about most of Expats here.

Do you agree?

I love these posts that go way back in history to support a point they are trying to make.  I read (a joke?) about a bloke and his Russian girlfriend in Moscow. He asked her why everyone kept looking at him.  She replied, because you look intelligent.  Stalin had all the intelligent people killed when he was in power.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

I love these posts that go way back in history to support a point they are trying to make.  I read (a joke?) about a bloke and his Russian girlfriend in Moscow. He asked her why everyone kept looking at him.  She replied, because you look intelligent.  Stalin had all the intelligent people killed when he was in power.

Very confusing. Make it straight what to express.😳

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

According to this report and Methavee’s account, a 48 year old Russian patient, Sergey Chent, received treatment on April 17 and left without paying his bill totalling 8,380 baht.

All these rich Russians. Right. Sounds like Diamond Jim, doesn't he?!?!

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

On April 19, Chent returned to Vachira Phuket Hospital for another medical consultation. Methavee and other hospital staff requested him to pay the outstanding bill of 8,380 baht. Chent refused to pay and threatened the staff

Now that the hospital have their money for the first treatment, hopefully he is now banned from that hospital.

Or maybe they want to give him an enema?

• Agree 2