Swiss Expat Critically Injured in Scooter-Car Crash in Pattaya

webfact

13 hours ago, THEN said:

Sat pic from 2015 had full white lines for all 4 entrance points, but what happens when an intersection is split by a rail track and no stop line or signal before crossing road no 2?
Does entrance no 1 allow the right of way to cross no 2?

Intersection.png

well the roads been changed since 2015 so thats irrelevant and they probably left out stop lines where you mark red to avoid people  building up a  queue and getting mown down by a train behind them + theyre  too close to the rail lines anyway. Pity the suv wasnt trying  that with a train coming on the other road , now that wouldve been interesting

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I found some footage of the Swiss guy, in his younger days riding a bicycle. 

This guy has always been a suicidal maniac. 

For those of you obsessed by the white line, lots of white lines here. 

I can't believe you wasted your time on that. I wonder what you were like in your younger days.............

5 minutes ago, transam said:

I can't believe you wasted your time on that. I wonder what you were like in your younger days.............

I posted it because I see similarities. 

I see a stupid person with white lines. 

I can't believe you wasted your time commenting, you are becoming one of those clueless, yappy type. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I posted it because I see similarities. 

I can't believe you wasted your time commenting, you are becoming one of those clueless, yappy type. 

Says the bloke who doesn't understand the fundamentals of road safety yet calls himself SAFETY FIRST, unbelievable.........🤣

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, transam said:

Says the bloke who doesn't understand the fundamentals of road safety yet calls himself SAFETY FIRST, unbelievable.........🤣

I'm trying to get my safety concerns across, but sadly people aren't listening.

That poor woman driving the SUV, the Swiss guy, recklessly, racing through that intersection, without looking or slowing. 

What if that woman veered in a way that she ended up in a shop front, injuring pedestrians or worse on the train line because of this foolish guy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

That's his MO.... and childish smilies.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, sherwood said:

The Swiss fella had the right of way.

The SUV didn't even slow down before entering the intersection.

Am I missing something here.

Plain and simple case of undue care and attention by the car driver.

How often do you travel this road and pass through the many intersections ?

On 4/24/2024 at 7:13 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

Have you seen any number plates on bicycles yet they are legal as well

as indeed are buffaloes and elephants not to mention pedestrians

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

That poor woman driving the SUV, the Swiss guy, recklessly, racing through that intersection, without looking or slowing. 

What if that woman veered in a way that she ended up in a shop front, injuring pedestrians or worse on the train line because of this foolish guy.

Yeh, riiiiiiiight, is she your Mrs..........🤔...................😂

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I know I shouldn't  but I laughed out loud  what an idiot cyclist...thinking he owned the road and  everyone would stop ha ha

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, johng said:
7 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I know I shouldn't  but I laughed out loud  what an idiot cyclist...thinking he owned the road and  everyone would stop ha ha

I'm glad you enjoyed the video, sadly I was attacked earlier by a member for posting. 

Tragically, some of the forum members here were born miserable.

I'll try to keep the funny stuff coming. 😁

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You mean what if she was traveling too quickly, didn’t read the road ahead & couldn’t stop ???

She’d be guilty of dangerous driving… 

Edited by richard_smith237

31 minutes ago, johng said:

That cyclists was a dumb twit & I also agree that the Swiss guy was reckless (I’ve said that all along)… 

But, the SUV driver is at fault - nothing changes that no matter how the road is driven by others. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Ralf001 said:

Why, Swiss guy should have yielded.

Only in your world where you fail to comprehend right of way. 

SAFETY FIRST has already identified that the SUV did not have right of way at that junction - you’re too looked into your stance that you fail to recognise this. 

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You know you are wrong, hence resorting to halfwitted insult…

Locals don’t follow right of way… & just because they all fail to follow right of way does not make the SUV driver any less at fault from a legal perspective. 

How am I wrong ?.

This exact accident with the <deleted> on the toy that is not supposed to be on the road....

I have first hand experience with scooter's on 5 (or so) occasions and every single time the attending police have declared me as not at fault except for one time when they were clearly taking the piss in an attempt for my insurance to cover the at fault party... My insurance rep said nope, lets go to court.

11 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

How am I wrong ?.

This exact accident with the <deleted> on the toy that is not supposed to be on the road....

I have first hand experience with scooter's on 5 (or so) occasions and every single time the attending police have declared me as not at fault except for one time when they were clearly taking the piss in an attempt for my insurance to cover the at fault party... My insurance rep said nope, lets go to court.

Whether or not the mobility-trike is ripe legal is irrelevant…

… but, FYI this model (posted earlier is 500w - & they don’t need to be licensed for the road at 500w & less).

Thats a moot point & a diversion from the issue that the SUV didn’t give way at that junction when the crossing traffic has right of way. 

The SUV driver could just as easily have wiped out a motorcyclist & would still be at fault.

Edited by richard_smith237

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You are missing my point, see the madman on his little vehicle travelling an unsafe speed through an intersection with some cars 100km/h, he is barely visible, that lunatic is trying to outrun a 2 tonne SUV, there's the problem. 

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

The fact it is dual carriageway perhaps !

That doesn't matter, it has to be officially designated. You can't just make assumptions... believe it or not there will be an official designation if there isn't then its priority on the left.

6 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Who says they aren't the 'main road'? 

A maun road is designated by police or local authority.

It may be altered or whatever but that doesn't mean it is given a change of designation.

However if there are road marking at the junction that would say.

Most foreign drivers are unaware of the defumault....that is priority on the left.

6 minutes ago, kwilco said:

That doesn't matter, it has to be officially designated. You can't just make assumptions... believe it or not there will be an official designation if there isn't then its priority on the left.

The fact I have experienced this exact same incident several times at this same intersection and on each occasion the police declared me not at fault..

Yeah I will side with their decision rather than your keyboard thumping.

On 4/25/2024 at 9:59 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Was driving the other day (middle lane - Petchaburi rd) middle of the day....  Motorcycle to the right travelling at the same speed.

I suddenly hear loud tyre screeching.....    saw in my mirror a pickup fish-tailing it...  rear sliding around, brakes locked up....   

The driver had nearly ridden straight into the motorcyclist next to me.....   

hahahahaha

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The Swiss man didn't even have a helmet on and didn't look properly when crossing the junction, it will be a 50/50 settlement at best

Going by Ralf's account he's had multiple incidents at the same intersection, which highlights how stupid he is to have the same incident over and over again....  But, as he has pointed out the Police sided with him...   

... Now, he's shown his true colours, so it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he's lied about all of this....  BUT, on the off-chance that he is hasn't lied it indicates the Police may well decide the SUV was not at fault - I doubt that though, fault is clearly shown in the video - the trike was already in the junction before the SUV reached it... 

It will be interesting to see the outcome of this - the issue of course is that we never have any follow up to these stories. 

11 minutes ago, metisdead said:

Posts with inflammatory insults toward other members have been removed:

Standards of Conduct

1. Do not respond to insults with more insults. Instead use the report button to report inflammatory posts.

Thanks.