How to retire in Thailand

On 9/28/2024 at 9:47 AM, JimTripper said:

My point is, that many of these guys who live in the shoebox rooms use denial as a waybof coping with the situation. Trying to trick their mind into being happy with it.

Sounds like someone trying to "cope with" / "trick their mind" into thinking other people find satisfaction in the same things - and push up their ego by feeling superior.

I've lived big/small, high/low floors, etc - here and my home-country - and it never made a difference to me.  Any "improvements" on such superficialities were only EVER made to satisfy a woman's desires.

Are there "must haves"?   Fresh-air is a must.  A sea-view, and can walk to the ocean is nice.  Bangkok is a fun place to live, but the air-quality and heat-island effect (hot all night) are not to my taste.  YMMV.

The most important thing is what occupies my time / mind, and who with.  If THOSE suck, so does everything else. 

Every year of my life wasted doing things I didn't enjoy for money was a waste of life - aside from saving to quit for good - and I definitely would advise anyone NOT to waste more of their irreplaceable and unknown-quantity life-years to have a "bigger room." 

• Thumbs Up 1