Bangkok sizzles at 40°C, heatwave scorches Thailand at 43°C

webfact

Bloody power went out last night for about 45mins.  So from about 2am it was sweatsville galore.  Don't have an ac so the difference wasn't as bad as it could have been. 

Not nice lying on the bed, no fan and completely soaked in sweat. In fact bloody horrible. 

May have to fill up the bath tub type water container they have in one room.... Improvised plunge pool. 

No wonder some are dying in this heat. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

We're suppose to get some rain for a few days at the start of May.  I'm looking forward to the drop in temp but I expect humidity will be thru the roof. 

Oh well just another excuse for an ice cold beer! 

• Haha 1

Spoke to some locals and they said this year is the worst they can remember here in Chiang Mai.

I don't use AC during the day, I just use one of those spritzer spray bottles filled with water. Actually, I have 2 and keep one in the fridge.

I also spray the sides of the fridge a few times during the hottest part of the day.

You can also spray the cooling fins of the air con with a hose pipe and spray nozzle but need to be careful of limescale buildup if you have hard water. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2024 at 8:57 AM, Stargeezr said:

Wow, and I complain of my hot condeo in Canada when the temperatures get in the mid to high twenties.

Glad that I got out of Thailand in March, it was hot enough then as well.

The lowest it has been out here in rural Kamphaeng Phet this April, has been 23.6C and the highest so far is 40.7 at 2 pm tis afternoon.

Indoors, it is now 30.8C with the a/c on since 12:30.

Edited by billd766
added extra text

On 4/26/2024 at 3:00 PM, Robert Paulson said:

Bro, typical highs in April 36 degrees C.

Current temp: 37 degrees C.

its just normal. I have no idea why people blather on and on about nothing. Thailand is hot, it’s always this hot, give or take. You have no point. You’re wrong. Numbers don’t lie. 

Average temperature for bangkkok april 2024 and april 2023

image.png.069c1b3e934c2e6c0234ee6298b81bb3.png

image.png.2e272fd108b7e61b57eec47617595863.png

What really stands out more then the difference between daily high temperatures of the 2 months, is the daily lows. Only 2 days in April of 2023 had a low of more than 85 degrees. Whereas, so far in April 2024, there have been 18. Public health officials know that it's harmful to health if people, animals and plants don't have a chance to cool down during the evening. 

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

What really stands out more then the difference between daily high temperatures of the 2 months, is the daily lows. Only 2 days in April of 2023 had a low of more than 85 degrees. Whereas, so far in April 2024, there have been 18. Public health officials know that it's harmful to health if people, animals and plants don't have a chance to cool down during the evening. 

BBC world service is reporting prolonged extreme heat in terms of the heat index, which has recently been 50 and above- that's dangerous, and yes imo the evenings are so hot, although it does depend what sort of property you live in.

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

I forgot to put link into post: Here it is:

https://www.wunderground.com/history/monthly/th/bangkok/VTBD/date/2024-4