12 month data SIMs - Looking for recommendations

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is your girlfriend Thai?

Did she read about GOMO (AIS network)? (registration only with Thai ID card).

https://gomo.th/

150 GB (unlimited speed, 3G, 4G, 5G) for 999 incl tax. usable for one year.

If used up additional volume can be bought.

I have purchased through the daughter.

As I use mobile data only when "on the road" the 150 GB will likely be enough for the year.

Yes, she is Thai and I did see the gomo but she needs 100gb per month. 

I saw the gomo 150gb advertised for around 500 baht for yearly use. 

5 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

60GB is low if watching videos and streaming

So buy a different one if that is what you need. This one is only used for security cameras.

55 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

So buy a different one if that is what you need. This one is only used for security cameras.

that's the problem the new Sims have limited data, rubbish True a bit more

On 5/4/2024 at 1:21 PM, treetops said:

Go into your router settings and it should show you. On some models it's possible to set limits and adjust the measurment period to tie in with the billing period etc.

I only have a basic Huawei router from the ISPand it doesn't show usage.The Win 10 page shows me using more than 200GB per month on "system" alone, which is madness. Anyone any idea what that might be about?  I will soon want a data SIM and obviously they won't give me that kind of total.

I don't often watch movies or stream, just a couple of 1GB-ish downloads in a typical month, but those are separately shown under the relevant browsers and together are nothing like 200GB.

What "system usage" could explain that kind of amount?

6 hours ago, isaanistical said:

I only have a basic Huawei router from the ISPand it doesn't show usage.The Win 10 page shows me using more than 200GB per month on "system" alone, which is madness. Anyone any idea what that might be about?  I will soon want a data SIM and obviously they won't give me that kind of total.

I don't often watch movies or stream, just a couple of 1GB-ish downloads in a typical month, but those are separately shown under the relevant browsers and together are nothing like 200GB.

What "system usage" could explain that kind of amount?

remote bit coin mining? someone using your wifi?

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, isaanistical said:

using more than 200GB per month

My girlfriend can do that on here telephone, streaming her Thai crap. 

If you think it's high, maybe you have a Russian hacker who is stealing bandwidth. Try changing your password. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

remote bit coin mining? someone using your wifi?

Why would another user be recorded on my pooter? The 200GB is attributed to my machine (below is a few hours from yesterday).

I do use antivirus and similar tools, of course.

image.png.4b061d6fa422ec0e9600c2a779e73b1d.png

On 4/29/2024 at 10:46 PM, Chillypom said:

I’m an IT novice, please be gentle with me!

For the last couple a years I’ve purchased a TrueMove 12 month data SIM. Many variation available , mine was 100Gb/ month rated at 6Mps which I considered a reasonable deal at about 1,400 bht for 12 months service.

in practice download speed has been variable and often well below the stated 6Mps.

I’m due for a renewal and have heard the AIS and maybe Detac have more reliable speeds.

Does anyone have first hand experience of a well performing SIM?

Many TIA

Not sure how familiar you are with the TeleCom industry in general but in MOST cases, there was a single TeleCom group that laid and own the main cables that connect the world. In the states it's AT&T. In Thailand it's AIS.

Point is, I have both. I pay 62THB a month for my Thai phone and SIM (and can/do use it from states) It's always best to go with the original if you can IMHO. :wai: