British Tourist Warned Over Criticism of Thailand Online

webfact

12 hours ago, webfact said:

Mr. Thomas was informed that if he continues posting potentially harmful material about Thailand online, he could face prosecution under Thai law.

I wonder if he said something about the family that we don’t talk about? Now that would be silly

9 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Maybe these people are attention seekers, similar to those on OnlyFans, the Jerry Springer type. 

Springer always maintained a Touch of Class, and would never have sunk so low.

LOOK a this guys FEET!

Who in Thailand would ever invite someone with feet like this...

Into their home?

No doubt, his GF was just asking him....

"Did you wash your feet this month?"

And then, for no reason, he might have walloped her.

Hillbillies are big on WALLOPING....

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Sigmund said:

is he stupid ? Such criticisms should never show one's face or name and home whereabouts... and better, should be posted only when abroad.

Or at least if in Thailand, by using the available technology to avoid being traced!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, praguecr said:

Sad he felt compelled to do a retraction video. I guess his balls were smaller then his videos.

Monetarily compelled would be my guess. Probably already handed over a pretty penny.

3 hours ago, Goat said:

Brits complain the loudwst about foreigners in Britain, even when those foreigners are not even complaing.

But when the shoe is on the other foot, well they complain some more.

How would you know, an Australian....................🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems in Thailand he has that right.

And Thailand has the right to extend his visa or not...

If expell, or even warned, he has grounds to raise concerns in the UN, Thailand has an obligation, being a signatory. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, WhatMeWorry said:

So, what is it with the Brits? Has the rain made their heads soggy or are they just plain stupid.

What rain? I'm not plain, rather good looking really. Planning on going to my local 7-11 wearing just Speedos to show off my manly 6 pack (actually it's a 12 pack with overhang but hey, if the Germans can do it so can I  ). Everyone knows it's only in Spain than the rain falls mainly on the plain

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:
9 hours ago, WDSmart said:

It's the law in Thailand. Live by it or go home.

Check article 19 of the UN

According to Article 19 of the UN, you can complain if you don't like it. I think you still have to comply with it or be ready to suffer the consequences. It's the law in Thailand. Live by it or go home.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

According to Article 19 of the UN, you can complain if you don't like it. I think you still have to comply with it or be ready to suffer the consequences. It's the law in Thailand. Live by it or go home.

Oh, a "go home member"..........:ohmy:

I bet you're a laugh a minute at parties.............:saai:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Oh, a "go home member"..........:ohmy:

I bet you're a laugh a minute at parties.............:saai:

I'm only a laugh for those that are allowed to stay... :thumbsup:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, RobU said:

Ouch, it's painful to watch I had to give up half way through

This lad is trying too hard and consequently is digging his hole deeper.

Don't give up your day job son.

• Like 2

Youtube means Google Ads. 

Google Ads bring $$$ only when "viewers" click 

But first they have to come visit that "Youtube channel" and watch it.

But who wants to watch videos about "Amazing Thailand" and other positive content? Not much, but lure "viewers" to watch something shocking is much easier.

That smart <deleted> makes money, and he gives flying banana about all that stuff at all. 

One of thousands.

24 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

This lad is trying too hard and consequently is digging his hole deeper.

Don't give up your day job son.

I think his application for a cannabis license just went up in smoke.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

If expell, or even warned, he has grounds to raise concerns in the UN, Thailand has an obligation, being a signatory. 

Next time when you see someone smoking in a bar, go to the local police and complain.

Maybe that will help you to understand the difference between principles and reality. 

• Sad 1

59 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Check article 19 of the UN

Dear me. Aye, the UN is going to send peacekeepers to Thailand cos a YouTuber was questioned for being an idiot. 

Very good. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, LadyJ1 said:

I have watched most of his videos right from the beginning.

Why?

When I see a video from an idiot then maybe I look one video, maybe even two. But more likely I stop watching it and never watch again.

2 minutes ago, LadyJ1 said:
That maybe, but he thinks he is the big I am in Thailand, an expat on a tourist visa!
A few have tried to give him decent advice (me included) but he thinks he knows best, he doesn't! And still doesn't with his current videos.

Good first post. There seem to be a lot of people who come into Thailand new and, having heard stories about corruption and bribery, think they'll just fit themselves right in. Little do they realize they are stepping on other people's turf and making enemies. It's also a problem, I think, when someone posts narcissistic youtube videos bragging about sexual predation. Anyone like that is going to step in it.

• Thanks 1

The worst thing about it all, it was all up on YouTube for the world to see!

Some things are best kept inside your own 4 walls so to speak.....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, rocketboy2 said:

The action of the authorities over this, will be the thing that may damage Thailand's reputation

not his video's. :coffee1:

You can't criticise poor hotel service/standards or you get charged with defamation, now you can't criticise the country because it may damage the country's "reputation"? 

What next? Getting banged up for criticising Thaksin? Oh, stop, no, I never said that, sorry, I was drunk/stoned on marijuana,  and I'll never do it again!

Edited by sambum
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, sambum said:

You can't criticise poor hotel service/standards or you get charged with defamation, now you can't criticise the because it may damage the country's "reputation"? 

What next? Getting banged up for criticising Thaksin? Oh, stop, no, I never said that, sorry, I was drunk/stoned on marijuana,  and I'll never do it again!

Speaking hypothetically, criticism is one thing. It's another when, say, people make public admissions of bribery and sexual exploitation.