Cheese

Maybole

10 minutes ago, Thailand said:

ARO have gone in to cheese.

Tried the Gouda and Edam slices which were fine and yesterday saw they now have Tasty and Vintage blocks. Bought a Vintage at Makro but yet to try.

Vintage.jpg

Looks interesting,  how much are the selling for? 

Just now, Korat Kiwi said:

Looks interesting,  how much are the selling for? 

I think the slices were  around THB135. The Vintage and Tasty blocks were THB 240.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Thailand said:

I think the slices were  around THB135. The Vintage and Tasty blocks were THB 240.

That's pretty good... in line with what NZ Mainland cheese is selling for. 

I'll check them out next time I go to makro.  Cheers 

12 hours ago, Thailand said:

Tried the Gouda and Edam slices which were fine and yesterday saw they now have Tasty and Vintage blocks. Bought a Vintage at Makro but yet to try.

Vintage.jpg

Vintage.jpg

Let me Know how it tastes. It has not yet appeared in my local Makro.

Vintage.jpg

Most likely they are the same product as what is already available with a brandname, but they buy in bulk and get a discount

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/3/2024 at 4:13 PM, The Fugitive said:

It's the 'crumbly' type (Cheshire or Lancashire) that I crave!

Villa Market sell both in Pattaya plus Wensleydale. All are what I call semi-crumbly but certainly tasty.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Villa Market sell both in Pattaya plus Wensleydale. All are what I call semi-crumbly but certainly tasty.

What is the attraction with crumbling cheese? I don't eat any Brit cheeses, as they are not tasteful in my opinion, but when my Gouda or Edammer start to crumble i throw them in the bin

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

What is the attraction with crumbling cheese? I don't eat any Brit cheeses, as they are not tasteful in my opinion, but when my Gouda or Edammer start to crumble i throw them in the bin

Excellent for toasted cheese/cheese on toast or cold on sandwiches, all with a good twist of fresh ground black pepper. I find them very tasty too.

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I hope you don't throw it away because it's grown mould?

12 hours ago, CallumWK said:

You won't like Lancashire then.

12 hours ago, champers said:

Excellent for toasted cheese/cheese on toast or cold on sandwiches, all with a good twist of fresh ground black pepper. I find them very tasty too.

Or crumbled Danish blue cheese on a haggis pizza. Boladh géar as they say north of the Trossachs.

You'll thank me for it.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Or crumbled Danish blue cheese on a haggis pizza. Boladh géar as they say north of the Trossachs.

You'll thank me for it.

Brawly Feekit.

• Haha 1

On 7/27/2024 at 9:42 AM, Thailand said:

Vintage.jpg

On 7/27/2024 at 9:42 AM, Thailand said:

Vintage.jpg

Now also have a Colby block  245 baht.

Edam ,Gouda cheese slices gone up to 155 baht

• Thanks 1