Condo tax in Pattaya

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

In Chiang Mai also

135 baht or so

why do they bother

Think about how many bills they send out. There you have your answer.

Edited by Gottfrid

1 hour ago, lexxy said:

Alternate method of payment. (As long as you have your 6 digit number which identifies your property)

Screenshot2024-05-03at10_02_08PM.png.38e8840d5e70a7a520a6ef50059af735.png

So that means I could pay from a non Krungthai online bank, correct?

I don't understand the when you're paid part. 

If you're not using SWIFT, is that relevant?

1 hour ago, kinyara said:

I've done it by 3 different methods in the past, in person at City Hall, across the counter at Krungthai - that payment method was/is detailed on the bill, and using my Krungsri Bank App. However with both the Krungthai and Krungsri methods there is a deadline by which payment needs to be made, beyond that neither method works and you have to pay it in person at City Hall. I learnt this as I was out of the country when my bill was delivered, tried Krungsri when I got back and it didn't work - I couldn't understand it as it had worked previously, went to Krungthai and the helpful staff informed me of the deadline. 

That's just my personal experience, since I'm here this year I'll try Krungsri first, Krungthai second and City Hall if the first 2 don't work for some other reason. City hall was painless last year, the other options are just more convenient.

So what's the deadline date this year?

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So what's the deadline date this year?

Can't help you with that as I haven't received my own bill yet, but the obvious approach is to attempt the 2 bank options immediately you receive yours.

19 hours ago, Alotoftravel said:

I got mine yesterday in chiang mai for about 500 baht . my thai friend who owned land/house (value less than 5 mil bah)  said no tax for them. Is property tax for expats with condo only?

I'm a farang with a Thai wife, we have a Pattaya condo in her name and we still get charged this tax.

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I dont think so but for sure you can pay from any bank.

Process

1. Add them to line

2. Tell them you want to pay and give them your 6 digit code. (mine is 262***)

3. Send the money and leave the code as reference (I made that bit up)

4. Go back to line and tell them

5. If you pay from overseas add the fee (But they dont tell you how much)

6. TIT but saves you getting the accumulated fees

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

understand now?

Screenshot_2024-05-04-06-19-17-901_com.brave.browser~2.jpg

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

understand now?

Screenshot_2024-05-04-06-19-17-901_com.brave.browser~2.jpg

Probably better to add them to Line first, their ID is on the bill and ask for their payment instructions, if they aren't already on the bill 

50 minutes ago, lexxy said:

I dont think so but for sure you can pay from any bank.

Process

1. Add them to line

2. Tell them you want to pay and give them your 6 digit code. (mine is 262***)

3. Send the money and leave the code as reference (I made that bit up)

4. Go back to line and tell them

5. If you pay from overseas add the fee (But they dont tell you how much)

6. TIT but saves you getting the accumulated fees

Yeah that sounds pretty good.

I recall trying to write in the payee on one bank and given a rejection message just based on doing that though. 

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think so but initially the irregular grammar about Line confused me. 

When you add them to Line they usually want your reference which is the chanote number

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Where did you hear that?

Can you provide a source?

It was a joke but i have no doubt they will see this as an easy way to increase income in the future as they have in western countries.

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

When you add them to Line they usually want your reference which is the chanote number

I added them to line. They dont really ask anything, i sent a photo of the paper i got send asking for payment and they said send the money.. But as my condo lady said everyone has a 6 digit ID number which will suffice. The line can be found on one of the QR on the actual payment request paper thingy

On 5/3/2024 at 9:12 AM, ScotlandtheBrave said:

I suddenly started receiving the annual tax bill on my condo a few years ago, 500 Baht at the most. This year I have not received my bill from Pattaya City Hall. What should I do? 

You can just go to city hall, tell your condo address number (123/456 Moo 00) and voila they print the invoice and you pay cash on the spot. Did for myself and 3 of my neighbors (none of who had received the invoice, nor me) after Songkran

6 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

I'm a farang with a Thai wife, we have a Pattaya condo in her name and we still get charged this tax.

Is that the only property in her name?

My Thai builder has three houses, one in his own name and two in his wife's. He says that Thais are allowed to own one property in their own name tax-free, but more than one and they have to stump up the tax, so his wife pays it on the second property she owns.

2 hours ago, lexxy said:

I added them to line. They dont really ask anything, i sent a photo of the paper i got send asking for payment and they said send the money.. But as my condo lady said everyone has a 6 digit ID number which will suffice. The line can be found on one of the QR on the actual payment request paper thingy

Where is the 6 digit ID? 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Where is the 6 digit ID? 

on your blue fold out letter, down the bottom in the payment section in brackets you will see a 6 digit number 3 lines above comp code.

Edited by lexxy
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, lexxy said:

on your blue fold out letter, down the bottom in the payment section in brackets you will see a 6 digit number 3 lines above comp code.

Got it thanks. Never needed it previously. Last year i didn't get the bill until towards end of June so it's still early, I'll probably pay again by QR, same last year

26 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Got it thanks. Never needed it previously. Last year i didn't get the bill until towards end of June so it's still early, I'll probably pay again by QR, same last year

Correct. im leaving tomorrow and back in august as it expires. Really cr@p system you cannot pay overdue by QR

I always use an agent for anything as I have more important things to do. I have so much money I would rather pay someone a few thousand baht to do it as I will be busy playing golf.

Joke and wondering where all the agent trolls are today.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, kdrayong said:

I wasn't able to transfer by Krung Thai bank, what was recommended. Tried many times.

With UOB no problems at all.

That surprises me... of all the banks I thought they had the links to the revenue dept. I had to get an account with them to be paid a withholding tax refund years ago.......

51 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

That surprises me... of all the banks I thought they had the links to the revenue dept. I had to get an account with them to be paid a withholding tax refund years ago.......

You are quite right, however my success with them was doing it in person rather than online. I wonder if it was the timing issue mentioned previously.