De Niro Speaks Truth To Power

18 hours ago, connda said:

Anyone who places movie stars on a pedestal and worships their views need to have their head's examined. 

True, the celebrity cult in America is idiotic.

However, the political and religious cults that have sprung up there are more than mindless, they have become extremely dangerous to everyone on the planet.

The farcical film, Idiocracy, was mentioned in a news story I was reading this morning. For some years I've also been of the opinion that it has become more of a documentary about the failed states of America.

For the smartest country on earth, it has vast swathes of the stupidest people to ever draw breath. Many of whom bleat their versions of idiocracy on this forum. I often wonder how many of them actually live here

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

12 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Best hope joe stays healthy. 

I didn't watch it, I've heard her detestable cackle too many times. She was merely an affirmative action vp and it's her enormous hubris that will force her to run for potus in 2028. Certainly SOMEONE or SOMETHING better will knock her out of the contest.

15 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

And he quickly changed his tune when threatened with losing his status and money.

There is absolutely no risk of that. He is one of the greatest actors of our lifetime, and his fortune exceeds a quarter of a billion dollars. You may not like him speaking truth towards a derelict. But, truth is truth. It sometimes hurts. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

There is absolutely no risk of that. He is one of the greatest actors of our lifetime, and his fortune exceeds a quarter of a billion dollars. You may not like him speaking truth towards a derelict. But, truth is truth. It sometimes hurts. 

Yeah, all the rich elites (and the people that worship them) seem to hate Trump since he beat Hillary. 

I wonder why that is...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, all the rich elites (and the people that worship them) seem to hate Trump since he beat Hillary. 

I wonder why that is...

Perhaps it's because 45 is SUCH a LYING LOSER?!? Hillary was just a weak candidate and as much as I can't stand 45, Hillary would have been even worse for the world. Look up the details of her hand in TPP.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

DeNiro is a great actor, one of the best of his generation.

He is also a high school dropout who has spent his entire life pretending to be other people, saying things that other people tell him to say. Now, he does that masterfully. But it makes his opinions on politics about as valuable as a bucket of pee. 

I really wish celebrities on both sides would just STFU.  Stick to your knitting and entertain us.

"it makes his opinions on politics about as valuable as a bucket of pee. "

And your opinions on politics, how shall those be valued?

Edited by cdemundo
  • Haha 2

De Niro got some grief in New York Magazine for having his personal assistant drop what she was doing to deliver a martini from Nobu (he's a part-owner).

What person on earth can't make their own martini? It took longer to make the call. Being rich drives you mad. Rich and mega-famous? I'd go off the deep end too.

NY Mag is a good one to add to your daily news trawl -I'd call the politics old-lefty, which is now sort of the middle of the road. Also great only-in-New-York issues like a long read on why 3 bedroom apartments have vanished.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

I wonder why that is...

Trump used to be a Democrat. 

Elon on Dinero

”Well Trump was already POTUS for 4 years and his policies bore no resemblance to those of Hitler, so this makes no sense”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CANSIAM said:

If Trump wins in November, maybe you'll never hear from DeNiro again.............:wink:

Maybe, If I was De Niro, I'd be off spending my billions in Monte Carlo or the Bahamas if Trump gets in.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The border is far from open under Biden, his Border Patrol is catching more illegals than when under Trump.

Biden's Border Patrol may be processing more illegals into the USA, but I'd hardly characterize that as "catching" them. 

They run toward Biden's Border Patrol because they know they'll get processed in and start getting all the free stuff.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, riclag said:

Bobby is a political activist!

A Tds’er !

The only people I know to go on the Tony Awards to swear about somebody  are lefty’s losing  it & blue hair nose ring wack jobs .

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/11/robert-de-niro-wins-ovation-<deleted>-trump-speech-tony-awards

Dick van dyke is much calmer and 

& wiser.”Path to the WHITE HOUSE clear now”. 

Says The Member of The Cult of Lunatics 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

"it makes his opinions on politics about as valuable as a bucket of pee. "

And your opinions on politics, how shall those be valued?

Considering I am better educated, probably more.  Perhaps a bucket and a half.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, impulse said:

Biden's Border Patrol may be processing more illegals into the USA, but I'd hardly characterize that as "catching" them. 

They run toward Biden's Border Patrol because they know they'll get processed in and start getting all the free stuff.

Qanon Much… Trump said he doesn’t want the border fixed so he can attack Biden 

41 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Trump used to be a Democrat. 

Exactly, the left loved him until he switched sides, now he's the devil incarnate. 

• Like 1

Maybe we should pay more attention to logic and logical fallacies.  Attacking De Niro instead of his words entails using a common logical fallacy called "ad hominem" or "attack the man."   The Donald himself uses logical fallacies with wild abandon.  I agree with everything De Niro said about Trump except the view that Trump is "stupid."  He is not stupid.  He obviously understands how to manipulate and persuade tens of millions of Americans.  Americans would do well to heed George Orwell's words and steer clear of Mr. Trump. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

What was the attack on the Capitol then, a family picnic to welcome Joe Biden???,

You seem to have a short memory and their behavior reminds me of Hitlers brownshirts with the extreme levels of violence refusing to accept an election result.

What a short or convenient memory you have.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/02/08/politics/fact-check-trump-january-6/index.html

A one day riot

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Catching and releasing into the US with a debit card and and a hotel room.

Lie.

Both the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Customs and Border Protection told PolitiFact they do not financially assist people who cross the border illegally.

NYC is thinking about providing debit cards to legal migrants.

• Haha 1