De Niro Speaks Truth To Power

1 minute ago, John Drake said:

People will vote for Trump, because Biden's policies on the border, the economy (inflation), and foreign affairs are the worst in fifty years. Trump is a horror, too. But people perceive him as the only option to a brain-dead Biden. There is an option, however, and that is RFKjr. People need to look at him. If you can't stand the two old puddin' brains, Biden and Trump, RFKjr is an easy choice.

How much exposure does RFK jr have in the US? I never heard of him till recently.

Unfortunately, independent candidates do not fare well in US elections.

I think Bernie had a good chance till the Dems sabotaged him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peabody said:

The one started by Bush

Well, non-leftists might say it was started by terrorists, but yeah, the one Obama's called the "good war" and the one Biden flushed down the toilet, that one. 

Be nice to have that base right now, huh? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I see a lot of propaganda about how "dangerous" he is but never anything to support it.

Perhaps you can explain just how Trump is dangerous, as I have no idea what you mean by it- is he going to create an army of Brown shirts ( in the next 6 months ) to arrest all the liberals and put them in concentration camps perhaps, or invite the Russians to take over the US, or some such?

I suspect you don't actually have anything to back up your rhetoric, so I won't hold my breath waiting for an explanation.

EDIT

Edited by Startmeup

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How much exposure does RFK jr have in the US? I never heard of him till recently.

RFKjr polls quite well, especially with so little campaigning so far. It appears the Biden admin and its lackeys are the ones in a panic about him. They're using lawfare to try and keep him off ballots. And instead of discussing his policies and platform, you're likely to get a laughing emoji on AN. If people looked and read and listened to him, they would see a clear preference. I just don't see how people can justify voting for one of the two octogenarian nitwits.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, John Drake said:

RFKjr polls quite well, especially with so little campaigning so far. It appears the Biden admin and its lackeys are the ones in a panic about him. They're using lawfare to try and keep him off ballots. And instead of discussing his policies and platform, you're likely to get a laughing emoji on AN. If people looked and read and listened to him, they would see a clear preference. I just don't see how people can justify voting for one of the two octogenarian nitwits.

bidens lackeys have  a very strong concern, indeed.Bobby will pull dems & dem leaning moderates ! His VP pick is a die in the wool Dem.

Shanahan told ABC she considers herself a "lifelong Democrat" who was initially disappointed when Kennedy removed himself from the party's primary last fall to run as an independent.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/nicole-shanahan-rfk-jr-running-mate/story?id=108508835

On 5/4/2024 at 6:11 AM, newbee2022 said:

Thank for this video.👏 Another wake-up call for the dumb Americans, but also for the rest of the world👍

"Well, Trump was actually already president for 4 years and his policies bore no resemblance to those of Hitler, so this makes no sense. In fact, with the Abraham Accords, he made some progress towards peace in the Middle East, which was definitely not high on Hitler’s agenda."...   Elon Musk.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does; "speaking truth to power" not require one be at some personal risk? 

I don't see how a rich elitist speaking to a crowd of clapping seals that are all (at least publicly) in agreement qualifies. 

If he were speaking out for Trump or against Obama to the same crowd, then perhaps. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

De Niro used to make great movies but now he makes garbage like "the war with grandpa"

True. His career now reminds me of Bob Hope's at the end of his.

His recent Scorcese film about Indian Tribes (to dull to recall the Moon-based title) had him doing the exact same performance as the last dozen films.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

He's an (ex) heroin addict and the whole Kennedy family are against him, that must count against him. Cant understand why he calls himself jnr, that ends when the father dies and he's been gone since 1968

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, proton said:

He's an (ex) heroin addict...

So? Do you not believe in rehabilitation? Should anyone that has used illegal drugs be barred from pubic office? 

and the whole Kennedy family are against him, that must count against him.

Only to the left. 

Cant understand why he calls himself jnr, that ends when the father dies and he's been gone since 1968

I am not a fan of the RFK Jr. or RFK Sr., but it is not uncommon for people to keep the suffix, particularly then one of both are public figures. 

Robert Downey Sr.'s been dead for twenty years, and we still have Robert Downey Jr.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

When a candidate is as hated as RFK is by the mainstream media (propaganda) then there’s a good chance your on to a winner. Almost as hated as Trump.
The only candidate that I know of that looks to have some integrity and an independent, not part of the uniparty. 

Edited by Startmeup

On 5/3/2024 at 1:28 PM, connda said:

Anyone who places movie stars on a pedestal and worships their views need to have their head's examined. 

It's only because his views are ones that he approves of.  If was supporting Trump, he would say he's a stupid idiot.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Can't be more dangerous than people like Biden or the Clintons.  If he isn't speaking out against them also, then I would trust what he's saying as being true.

It looks like you survived the Clintons and Biden okay. 

It also looks like you are worrying about nothing.

As for surviving Trump, he contributed to the deaths of one million Americans from COVID. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It looks like you survived the Clintons and Biden okay. 

It also looks like you are worrying about nothing.

As for surviving Trump, he contributed to the deaths of one million Americans from COVID. 

You mean when he tried to shut down flights from China and was attacked from the left? 

Or when he expedited the development of the vaccines Biden took credit for?

• Like 1