British tourist arrested with cocaine hidden in passport

webfact

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

I used to bang half gram lines for fun!

what an idiot. he should have gone to the bog on his flight and finished it off before he landed!

1st class muppet.

bob.

he heard that LINE was popular in Thailand

I guess he lost sight of the 0.42 grams. A passport is the last place on Earth to hide drugs since it gets checked at the airport.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seems what little grey matter he had was burnt up by white powder.

No doubt someone somewhere may feel sorry for him.

Most will thank him, myself included for giving us a good laugh.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

What an informative story...............:coffee1: Sounds crazy to me in his Passport?

Sounds fishy to me.

Look how he looks...

Intelligent? Not the brightest candle on the cake I'd say.🥳

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 2long said:

Five posts so far and none of them Brit bashing!

Thankfully he isn't smiling and my iPhone screen is still unshattered. 

Edited by JeffersLos

22 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Passport isn’t checked in any detail in the UK, just show the ID page at security.

Or the Checkin staff looking for a passport.

I agree with the idea that it slipped into the pages when he put it in his pocket or a pouch in his carry on. 

As everyone else is commenting- this is obviously a remarkably daft thing to do. 

A passport is opened at any airport by staff, where anything in it will fall out.

But, would you put dope in your passport which can be asked for at any time, would you put dope in your pocket when we know airports do have sniffer dogs. 

Perhaps he wore those jeans the night before, and forgot about last night's dope session...🤪 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

29-year-old Jamie Louis Swain from Enfield, North London, could face up to twenty years in a Thai prison after reportedly being caught with cocaine hidden in his passport. Swain was arrested at Phuket International Airport on his arrival from an Etihad Airways flight on Thursday night. 

An immigration officer discovered a small plastic bag filled with white powder in Swain’s passport during routine checks for visa stamping. Authorities confirmed the substance was 0.42 grams of cocaine. Swain's questionable reaction to the discovery led to a further search of his luggage.

Swain was charged with importing and possessing category II narcotics, namely cocaine, a violation of Thailand's Narcotics Act. This crime could lead to a maximum sentence of 20 years to life in jail, along with a fine between 2,000,000 – 5,000,000 Baht (£43,000 to £108,000).

In addition to this, cocaine possession is punishable with up to five years or up to a 100,000 Baht (£2,000) fine in Thailand. Swain's case has been turned over to Sakhu Police Station for further legal action.

Picture courtesy of Thai Examiner

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

His hairstylist should get twice that sentence.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, rwill said:

He probably did not put in his passport on purpose.  More likely he put his passport back where the sachet was in his bag and it slipped between the pages without him knowing it.

Or put it there to take later on the flight, thinking he wouldn't forget about it then fell asleep and did just that.

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Now, does that look like the sort of guy who'd hide cocaine in his passport?

Eeeeeer, now that is a good question........:unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

E-MC2 can be a confusing and complicated equation.    However, the cocaine equation in Asia is not complicated.   What do these youngsters use for a thought process.   

Don’t drop the soap!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, smedly said:

Plausible 

Also, according to his friend´s Reddit-post, he also went through Dubai with this passport and he was apparently happy they didn´t notice it.

4 hours ago, smedly said:

who puts a small bag of illegal drugs in the pages of their passport and then hands it to immigration police at an airport ....................... think about it - seriously

...Professor Jamie Swain does.

• Sad 1

He must of been 3 sheets to the wind to place it in his passport or was he desperate to spend the next 5/10 years on free B&B at the Bangkok Hilton