Thai Woman Kills Home Invader in Self-defence

webfact

7 minutes ago, kidneyw said:

Never heard of that one before.

Leads to a Thai compensation deal.. Without police getting commissions from both sides.

• Confused 2

I think Bunjong read too much bible.  "Look, I have two daughters who have never slept with a man. Let me bring them out to you, and you can do what you like with them. But do not do anything to these men, for they have come under the protection of my roof." - Genesis 19:8

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Leads to a Thai compensation deal.. Without police getting commissions from both sides.

"Bunjong's family, while performing his funeral rites, indicated no intention of suing Urai..."

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The dreadful episode unfolded late in the night. Bunjong entered Urai's home and tried to silence her by smothering her mouth with a cloth. Urai, in her fight for survival, bit his finger causing Bunjong to loosen his grip. This allowed Urai to seize the cloth around Bunjong’s neck and strangle him, leading to Bunjong's death.

Give the lady a medal... 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the police plan to posthumously charge Bunjong with trespassing and attempted rape.

Making sure that his family cannot bring official charges against his killer? 

No value is lost; it's better for the community.

But...

Strangling somebody isn't like in the movies, with 10 seconds of UHM UHM and then death. It's hard to fully close the respiratory tract. During a fight, there will always be some extra gasps of air. An entire strangulation might take up to 5 minutes, including strangling them after they've become unconscious. So she might have been strangling him for 3 minutes during the fight and then an extra 2 minutes when he was unconscious, instead of leaving the apartment. This tells a slightly different story. And since the police are going to investigate and are considering charges... I think she would be better off if she just simply stabbed him to death instead.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, AnotherOneHere said:

But...

Strangling somebody isn't like in the movies, with 10 seconds of UHM UHM and then death. It's hard to fully close the respiratory tract. During a fight, there will always be some extra gasps of air. An entire strangulation might take up to 5 minutes, including strangling them after they've become unconscious. So she might have been strangling him for 3 minutes during the fight and then an extra 2 minutes when he was unconscious, instead of leaving the apartment. This tells a slightly different story. And since the police are going to investigate and are considering charges... I think she would be better off if she just simply stabbed him to death instead.

Stabbing may be quicker... But the mess! 

Strangulation like you said isn't the easiest, breaking his neck might help. 

42 minutes ago, AnotherOneHere said:

I think she would be better off if she just simply stabbed him to death instead.

35 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Stabbing may be quicker... But the mess! 

Strangulation like you said isn't the easiest, breaking his neck might help. 

Who had a knife?

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

But...

maybe he was high as a kite and lack of air supply made it quicker,  maybe his windpipe got crushed, maybe he vomited and choked to death...   either way, job done !

18 hours ago, 2long said:

From what is written here, she should be given a medal.

However, there are two sides to every story and we will never hear his.

There is no side for anyone that invades another's space without invitation.

Sadly, I live in a country in which if I killed an intruder in self defense I'd likely got to jail for it, and if it was a gang member I'd likely be killed in prison by the gang members in it.

I wish we were like America and I could legally kill anyone that invaded my space with nefarious intent. It's also not easy to own a handgun here and the last government tried to disarm all the lawful citizens. Of course the criminals have all the guns they want.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, AnotherOneHere said:

But...

If I was on a jury, I wouldn't care if she took an hour to kill him- not guilty.

• Agree 1

Can you imagine, Somchai the police man typing up - with two fingers - a police report on the posthumous charge on trespassing and attempted rape? 

The lady might face an uphill battle with such police force representatives and the fact, that both the police and the courts are male dominated. All the while, the deceased's family seems to be of the opinion, that all this was "good riddance". Congrats go to the eventually charged lady; she brought yet another stellar career of Khon Thai to a screeching halt while also ensuring, that he will never ever again consider raping and trespassing - irrespective of Somchai's report 😉

On 5/4/2024 at 10:07 AM, webfact said:

Despite the self-defence claim, Urai may face charges for causing death

This man was naked in her bed. Where were the clothes? Did the woman have check about rape? Something seems odd about this report from where I am reading. Perhaps she knows the man more than she claims after killing him. It is hard to believe that the woman can overpower the man so easily. Choking takes a couple minutes to kill. 

• Haha 1

On 5/4/2024 at 2:20 PM, AnotherOneHere said:

But...

What a load of rubbish. 'Strangulation can result in loss of consciousness within about 10 seconds and death within 4-5 minutes'.

https://attorneygenerallynnfitch.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Strangulation-NGL.pdf

• Confused 1

Lucky it wasn’t my missus? He might have died a slow death from either a hammer/large wrench to the head or a quick one from a big knife, depending on what she had stashed under the pillow when I’m not around? It’s even become a bit of a sport explaining to the BiB as to why there’s an offensive weapon under the seat of the motorbike whenever they pull me over!

• Agree 1