Unmasking the Deeper Agenda: The Evolution of Anti-Americanism in Campus Protests

24 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I was quoting lefties who used the term Nazis to describe those who disagree with their views. 

But that was funny - you got me there.

Nah, you were just going all Godwin, while trying to ridicule the people with enough of that education you despise to see through you.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

I don’t think it matter what they do. Look at what usa cops do to citizens. Bit so what. It doesn’t have much to do with a tourist. A woman could go to iran and have a grand old time. In other words, you have no idea what you’re talking about. Sending protesters over to iran is not a good point. It’s a completely obtuse, useless and unsophisticated point it doesn’t even make sense… they’d enjoy themselves there. 

Sending the protesters to Iran was onlly to get them out of the US.  Let them go to the country that fosters what they are demonstrating against.  Had their HAMAS folks not carried out that terrorist act in October, Israel would not be hunting them down in GAZA.  I do know what I am talking about and I express my opinion even though I realize that anyone else can do so too.  But anyone that takes some of the comments on this forum should consider what they read regularly here is just that, someone's opinion as most have no idea of the true situation whether it be in Thailand or Iran or the US.  Ask any of the US hostages held by Iran in 1979.  I have talked with them and others that were working there until that date.

5 hours ago, Presnock said:

Sending the protesters to Iran was onlly to get them out of the US.  Let them go to the country that fosters what they are demonstrating against.  Had their HAMAS folks not carried out that terrorist act in October, Israel would not be hunting them down in GAZA.  I do know what I am talking about and I express my opinion even though I realize that anyone else can do so too.  But anyone that takes some of the comments on this forum should consider what they read regularly here is just that, someone's opinion as most have no idea of the true situation whether it be in Thailand or Iran or the US.  Ask any of the US hostages held by Iran in 1979.  I have talked with them and others that were working there until that date.

The point you made before is the same kind of nonsense that was directed at protestors of the Vietnam War and the Iraq War. Namely, if they don't like it here, let them go and try to protest in Vietnam or Iraq.

Just now, placeholder said:

The point you made before is the same kind of nonsense that was directed at protestors of the Vietnam War and the Iraq War. Namely, if they don't like it here, let them go and try to protest in Vietnam or Iraq.

Not really, I could care less if they protest as long as they don't inconvenience the majority.  If they were the majority different folks would be elected and seeing as who we have to vote for over the past decades, maybe they are the majority.  I was just suggesting that they move permanently to those other countries since they seem to be rooting for them rather than our friends.  I at 77 have seen enough demonstrators over the years at home and in other countries where at times they did manage to change the government even.  But they were peaceful and the majority and didn't negatively affect the rest of the citizens.

1 minute ago, Presnock said:

Not really, I could care less if they protest as long as they don't inconvenience the majority.  If they were the majority different folks would be elected and seeing as who we have to vote for over the past decades, maybe they are the majority.  I was just suggesting that they move permanently to those other countries since they seem to be rooting for them rather than our friends.  I at 77 have seen enough demonstrators over the years at home and in other countries where at times they did manage to change the government even.  But they were peaceful and the majority and didn't negatively affect the rest of the citizens.

"I was just suggesting that they move permanently to those other countries since they seem to be rooting for them rather than our friends."

Just more binary thinking.

19 minutes ago, placeholder said:

"I was just suggesting that they move permanently to those other countries since they seem to be rooting for them rather than our friends."

Just more binary thinking.

I don't see it that way in that they are going to always be against something so their response is to demonstrate - by leaving the US and going to one of those countries I suggested, the problems in the US that they were against cease to exist for them ever again for both sides.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

I don't see it that way in that they are going to always be against something so their response is to demonstrate - by leaving the US and going to one of those countries I suggested, the problems in the US that they were against cease to exist for them ever again for both sides.  

Another irrelevant comment. If always being "against something" is behind the current campus situation, then such demonstrations would always be taking place. Obviously that's not the case.

• Haha 1

Its about time the students and American publc voiced their opposition to the murderous campaign being carried out by the right wing Israeli government. Murderers ! and being supported by the USA  ! Disgraceful !

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They are a supporting a group that are holding hostages and quite likely have killed a baby being held hostage .

Students should be campaigning for the hostages to be freed , rather than supporting the hostage takers 

So you support what the Israeli military is doing and has done in Gaza?

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Another irrelevant comment. If always being "against something" is behind the current campus situation, then such demonstrations would always be taking place. Obviously that's not the case.

well it seems to me that since I have been a teenager anyway, there have been demonstrations of some kind for the last 60 years.  Very few of them would make me want to put up with them in my daily life.  Whether that is a good or bad thing? I sure don't know nor do I care.  I was successful, had a very enjoyable career, lived in and seen a lot of different peoples and places in my life, kept a log so that I would know where I would want to retire and Thailand came out on top.  I still feel that I am in paradise and realize that it is not even close to perfect but then compared to most other places, this place still moves me.  I am very happy and healthy to date.  I do not support that but I fully understand why they are doing it.  The problems start from borders being determined by folks who come from other places and they feel that they are entitled to setting up artificial borders and don't consider what that does to the natives of that place.   Just like Putin wanting to take over the fertile ground of the Ukrainians.  Yeah, the US has gotten involved in a lot of different countries too and many in those locations are not happy - this was done so that Americans did not have to face the horrors of war.   I am a product of the cold war and don't plan on changing at this age.  

On 5/7/2024 at 6:41 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

Maybe a few  years  living in Iran or such other countries  would help them

So, they care about injustices in other countries and your solution is to send them to another horrible country as the solution. What compassion and logic... Rampant indeed. 🤦‍♂️

20 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, 100 % 

Free Gaza from the grips of Hamas .

The terror group needs to be eliminated 

Free Gaza from Hamas by blowing up innocent Palestinians with zero oversight (or international media coverage of what's going on).  It's sounds like someone is pro "Kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" 🤔

Israel, as always, starts out doing something that needs to be done, then takes it way, way too far, to the point of committing atrocities on their own. 

16 minutes ago, Galong said:

So, they care about injustices in other countries and your solution is to send them to another horrible country as the solution. What compassion and logic... Rampant indeed. 🤦‍♂️

if they keep going with their stupidty thats what their own govt/country will be like in 10-20 years and once its done there aint no going  back

13 minutes ago, Galong said:

Free Gaza from Hamas by blowing up innocent Palestinians with zero oversight (or international media coverage of what's going on).  It's sounds like someone is pro "Kill 'em all and let god sort 'em out" 🤔

Israel, as always, starts out doing something that needs to be done, then takes it way, way too far, to the point of committing atrocities on their own. 

maybe next time the Palestinians will choose a  better govt witha  "free"  vote

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Galong said:

They are killing Hamas .

You are claiming that there's no media presence in Gaza and also clamming to know they are attacking innocent Palestinians .

How do you know that they are just attacking innocent people if there's been no media reports of it ?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Angus55 said:

Its about time the students and American publc voiced their opposition to the murderous campaign being carried out by the right wing Israeli government. Murderers ! and being supported by the USA  ! Disgraceful !

War is hell, dont start one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

They are killing Hamas .

You are claiming that there's no media presence in Gaza and also clamming to know they are attacking innocent Palestinians .

How do you know that they are just attacking innocent people if there's been no media reports of it ?

Thanks for your supporting comments!
Its a war ! Civilians get killed in every war! Hamas needs to release the remaining hostages and surrender unconditionally.

A terrorist organization

who broke a ceasefire  on Oct 7 ,can never dictate terms & conditions.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/8/2024 at 12:42 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, 100 % 

Free Gaza from the grips of Hamas .

The terror group needs to be eliminated 

Hamas and terrorist groups should be contained , but you will never kill all Palestinians no matter how many you murder . And the more you murder the more it going to come bqck to haunt you in the future ! For every innocent civilian you have murdered there will be  a terrible price to pay.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/7/2024 at 7:29 PM, Rampant Rabbit said:

many of them dont even know what gender they are🤣

Wow, that statement shows an abysmal level of intellect. 🤦‍♂️ 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Angus55 said:

Hamas and terrorist groups should be contained , but you will never kill all Palestinians no matter how many you murder . And the more you murder the more it going to come bqck to haunt you in the future ! For every innocent civilian you have murdered there will be  a terrible price to pay.

No one is trying to kill all Palestinians though :

"For every innocent civilian you have murdered there will be  a terrible price to pay."

Isn't that what Netanyahu said to Hamas on Oct 8 th ?

So you agree with his way of doing things , but you would just prefer it if was  you were doing it and not him doing it 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No one is trying to kill all Palestinians though :

"For every innocent civilian you have murdered there will be  a terrible price to pay."

Isn't that what Netanyahu said to Hamas on Oct 8 th ?

So you agree with his way of doing things , but you would just prefer it if was  you were doing it and not him doing it 

I said that as a warning of what is obviously going to follow from the Israelis killing spree. Not as a threat. 

I dont have a dog in this fight. Israelis and Palestinains are much the same to me- brownish colour skin, eat same food- humus and kebabs etc, similar languages, pray to the same God etc. 

Its just obviously wrong what the Israelis are doing in Gaza now,terrorizing and murdering the innocent people in the 1000s.

19 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

I said that as a warning of what is obviously going to follow from the Israelis killing spree. Not as a threat. 

I dont have a dog in this fight. Israelis and Palestinains are much the same to me- brownish colour skin, eat same food- humus and kebabs etc, similar languages, pray to the same God etc. 

Its just obviously wrong what the Israelis are doing in Gaza now,terrorizing and murdering the innocent people in the 1000s.

Don't believe the lies . 

Israel are targeting the terrorists who committed atrocities on October 7 th .

There are way too many people like yourself who have very little knowledge of the situation , commenting on the situation . 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

Palestinians have been trying to kill Israeli Jews at every chance they get , they even sacrifice their own well being to kill Israeli Jews , killing Israeli Jews is the reason for their existence .

This current war isn't going to change anything , the only thing that will change is Palestinians have less opportunity to kill Israelis 

Edited by Nick Carter icp
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1