Thai EV Market Remains Unfazed by European Sales Downturn

webfact

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

My experience? Why would I buy something that is overpriced, heavy, costs more to insure, takes ages to charge, depreciates, keeps you on the edge of your seat worrying about where to get the next recharge, etcetera. 

Marketing can do that for you: it makes you believe you're part of the future, and you'll drive around with a smug and pious look on your face ....

until you realise you've been conned.

that is overpriced

.... wrong

heavy

... wrong

costs more to insure

... wrong

takes ages to charge

... relative, but basically wrong, since will charge while you're sleeping

depreciates

... unknown 

keeps you on the edge of your seat worrying about where to get the next recharge

... wrong 

Troll along now .... :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JBChiangRai said:

It depends on the statistics, would you like a link that puts your argument in the crapper?

The Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency released a report in May 2023 outlining that ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) vehicles in Sweden were 20 times more likely to combust spontaneously compared to electric cars.

Statistics Show ICE Vehicle Fires 20 Time More Likely Than EV Fires - Green Car Stocks

Did the electromagnetic fields totally fry your brain 🧠 this morning?

Your are quoting some Swedish statistics, where the link to the report doesn't exist and in the post below you jump on the high horse that this is only and exclusively about Thai EVs.

The cherry 🍒 picker patrol and team FactChecker simply can't keep up at this speed.

Screenshot_20240511_121139_Chrome.jpg

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

5 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Did the electromagnetic fields totally fry your brain 🧠 this morning?

Your are quoting some Swedish statistics, where the link to the report doesn't exist and in the post below you jump on the high horse that this is only and exclusively about Thai EVs.

The cherry 🍒 picker patrol and team FactChecker simply can't keep up at this speed.

Screenshot_20240511_121139_Chrome.jpg

Maybe your internet got fried this morning. The link works fine for me. 

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Maybe your internet got fried this morning. The link works fine for me. 

Works for me also.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

You're quoting nonsense.  Let's take the average price for 2019 MG ZS EV's (don't cherry pick unless it's not in your favour, it's bad manners), it is retaining 38% of it's value after 5 years, you think that's bad?

The MG ZS X+ was 799,000 in 2019, the average now seems to be about 310,000, it's also retaining 38% of it's value after 5 years.

QED, EV's do not depreciate any faster.

Your post is nonsense and so is the guy who said they depreciate faster over 5 years.

I am not calling him, but you are welcome to ask him to call me and I will tell him so to his face (I can spot reverse delegation a mile off).

Its you that is talking nonsense

Here is 5 MG ZS EV ranging from years 2019 to 2021 

I have factored in  a B75,000 markup fee by the dealer

although I seen reports that minimum dealer markup is normally B100K+

MG ZS EV 2021 Listed price B557,000

2 cars at this price one with 75km-80km other one with 50-55km

including a B75,000 markup fee by the dealer so dealer bought at approx B482,000

Cost New 1,190,000

Year 1 depreciation value 26% value B880,600

Year 2 depreciation value 26% value B651,644

Year 3 depreciation value 26% value B482,216

MG ZS EV 2019 Listed price B455,000

2 cars at this price one with 27KM other one with 105-110KM

including a B75,000 markup fee by the dealer so dealer bought at approx B380,000

Cost New 1,190,000

Year 4 depreciation value 11.5% value B426,761

Year 5 depreciation value 11.5% value B377,683

MG ZS EV 2020 Listed price B449,000 85-90KM

including a B75,000 markup fee by the dealer so dealer bought at approx B374,000

Cost New 1,190,000

Year 4 depreciation value 22% value B376,128

There are 17 listed MG ZS EV listed on one2car com some are duplicates 

https://www.one2car.com/en/cars-for-sale/mg/zs/all/ev?fuel_type=Electric&page_size=26&sort=price.desc

5 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Seriously?

Per vehicle sold is falsifying statistics, since EV are just entering the market.

Try per billion miles.

Seems those numbers were taken from the same Swedish one already mentioned.

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Mine's not a guess, but actually number for our 2022 ZS.

YMMV

There are zero MG ZS EV for years 2022 and 2023 for sale on one2car MG ZS EV 2022 was when they launched the current model

32 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

So you could have saved your self a lot of typing by just saying:

"My experience? None". 

The internet would be 68 words better off.

I haven't had experience of 3D television either, but I didn't buy one because I could see them for what they were: a daft and useless fad. Sure enough, they're gone and those gullible folks who believed all the marketing guff were left out of pocket with a useless piece of junk.

I've ridden in a few EVs. Of course they go and are as comfy as cars with proper engines. That said, most of their owners wouldn't buy another one for the reasons listed in my previous post.

You're counting the words in my posts? Bless.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

that is overpriced

.... wrong

heavy

... wrong

costs more to insure

... wrong

takes ages to charge

... relative, but basically wrong, since will charge while you're sleeping

depreciates

... unknown 

keeps you on the edge of your seat worrying about where to get the next recharge

... wrong 

Troll along now .... :coffee1:

You’ve told me before. You're a retiree who uses your EV for pottering around. You're not a serious driver who depends on it for work, or someone who uses it for longer distances. 

I know lots of people with EVs. Retirees and housewives generally like them, because they don't use them much and get to feel virtuous and good about themselves. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sidneybear said:

You’ve told me before. You're a retiree who uses your EV for pottering around. You're not a serious driver who depends on it for work, or someone who uses it for longer distances. 

I know lots of people with EVs. Retirees and housewives generally like them, because they don't use them much and get to feel virtuous and good about themselves. 

Knowledge about EV's?  Sidney's bare.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Those numbers are harmonised based upon per 100,000 sold, they are comparing apples to apples

Seriously? 

Sell 100,000 ICE for 20 years and you got 2,000,000 cars on the road.

Sell 100,000 EV this years and none the past 19 year and you got 100,000 cars on the road.

Now let's do some fake 🔥 statistics. 

We need that guy with the kindergarten master degree to start the math class urgently. 

Just now, JBChiangRai said:

Those numbers are harmonised based upon per 100,000 sold, they are comparing apples to apples

What's this 75,000 baht dealer markup nonsense.  We are comparing retail price to retail price, not adjusted by the Vinny fudge factor. Depreciation is identical, nothing in Thailand supports the myth that EV's depreciate faster, nothing, nada, zilch

Nonsense, almost all EV owners wouldn't buy another ICE, you got that the wrong way around.

Your in the land of make believe if you think that car dealers sell their used cars for the price that they bought them for as i stated 

and as previously stated I don't know anyone that pays the stickered price on a used car without asking for a discount , although I expect dealer may be reluctant to offer a huge discount if there only operating on a B75k margin

And your not comparing retail price to retail price

We know the Brand new price on EV's if you ask about further discounts they tended to point you to the subsidy price that you would receive

The used car stickered price is a price that the dealer hope's they can sell it at its nothing more than an 

invitation to treat price

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Knowledge about EV's?  Sidney's bare.

Ad hominem won't wash. Say something useful or stand down from the discussion. 

Edited by sidneybear

Just now, vinny41 said:

Your in the land of make believe if you think that car dealers sell their used cars for the price that they bought them for as i stated 

and as previously stated I don't know anyone that pays the stickered price on a used car without asking for a discount , although I expect dealer may be reluctant to offer a huge discount if there only operating on a B75k margin

And your not comparing retail price to retail price

We know the Brand new price on EV's if you ask about further discounts they tended to point you to the subsidy price that you would receive

The used car stickered price is a price that the dealer hope's they can sell it at its nothing more than an 

invitation to treat price

Dealer markup is irrelevant, it's irrelevant new and it's irrelevant second hand.  Do you want to consider manufacturer profit margins? exchange rates?

If a private advertiser has his car in One2Car what dealer margin does he have?

Most dealers make their profit on the finance, not on the sales price.

11 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Seriously? 

Sell 100,000 ICE for 20 years and you got 2,000,000 cars on the road.

Sell 100,000 EV this years and none the past 19 year and you got 100,000 cars on the road.

Now let's do some fake 🔥 statistics. 

We need that guy with the kindergarten master degree to start the math class urgently. 

The statistics for those 2,000,000 cars are divided by 20 to get a figure for 100,000 cars, that's how it works, comparing ICE Apples to EV Apples.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

Ad hominem won't wash. Say something useful or stand down from the discussion. 

You're the one quoting nonsense about EV drivers not wanting to buy another one when in reality most would never buy another ICE car.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Dealer markup is irrelevant, it's irrelevant new and it's irrelevant second hand.  Do you want to consider manufacturer profit margins? exchange rates?

The statistics for those 2,000,000 cars are divided by 20 to get a figure for 100,000 cars, that's how it works, comparing ICE Apples to EV Apples.

Nope, they take fires 🔥 from those 2,000,000 ICEV and divide it with the 100,000 sales.

Then do the same for EV and get fake statistics that are a factor 20 off.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

In the land of make believe again Dealers make their profit from everything regarding the sale including mark up on price they purchased and price they have listed, accessories finance insurance

If we were to believe you if someone goes into a Used car dealer and offers them the stickered price and pays in cash the dealer would make nothing from the sale

And do you know how many private sales of the MG ZS EV are currently listed for sale on one2car I let you know the answer zero

Edited by vinny41
add
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Nope, they take fires 🔥 from those 2,000,000 ICEV and divide it with the 100,000 sales.

That would be ridiculous.

26 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

In the land of make believe again Dealers make their profit from everything regarding the sale including mark up on price they purchased and price they have listed, accessories finance insurance

If we were to believe you if someone goes into a Used car dealer and offers them the stickered price and pays in cash the dealer would make nothing from the sale

And do you know how many private sales of the MG ZS EV are currently listed for sale on one2car I let you know the answer zero

Dealer profit margins have nothing to do with secondhand values. You invented that little concept and put your on value on it, plucked from what?  you're imagination?

You're clutching at straws because you don't like the numbers.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

If you have X fires in 2,000,000 ICE cars and Y fires in 300,000 EV's the numbers per 100,000 are...

X/(2,000,000/100,000) or X/20 for ICE

Y/(300,000/100,000) or Y/3 for EV's.

Maths lesson, you're welcome.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sidneybear said:

You couldn't be more wrong ...  again

We put on 20k kms, first year owning EV (car), and half of those were away from the house, requiring hotel stays & use of CS. 

More than half of the 'local' kms, were also away from 'puttering' around, and 40-100 kms away, not requiring any charging.   es:  house at mid PKK province to Hua Hin for instance, and a 200 kms roundtrip day out.   Or down to Ban Krut 130 kms, for a munch.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

That would be ridiculous.

Dealer profit margins have nothing to do with secondhand values. You invented that little concept and put your on value on it, plucked from what?  you're imagination?

You're clutching at straws because you don't like the numbers.

Its you that doesn't like the numbers Every used car dealer buys in at price x and sells at price y its the same when used car dealers buy from auction houses buy in at price x and sells at price y

Its why most sellers choose to sell privately because they factor in that they can get a higher price than what the dealer has offered them 

Edited by vinny41
add
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

There are zero MG ZS EV for years 2022 and 2023 for sale on one2car MG ZS EV 2022 was when they launched the current model

you're quick, as I actually edited that, thinking you were talking about something else.

• Thanks 1