Its no wonder they dont want any competition in Thailand

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why not?

because its not the subject being mentioned and he ignores the title of the topic which was  crap service and why they may not want competition from outside of  Thailand.............instead  he tries to turn it into a "moan about Thais". 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

so it goes on with lazada sellers  one after the other after the other.

Its no wonder they dont want competition.

Okay. What is your plan B while not replacing your current air con units? I assume you are not pleased with your current units (working poorly?) that you need during currently for very hot days and nights. 

Lazada shows many, many (67 pages) ac's for sale obviously in competition between manufacturers/suppliers. 

Are you saying they all are engaged in a conspiracy to deny you to replace your antiquated ac with another antiquated ac? 

I just Googled for used air cons in Thailand and found for example numerous offerings posted in Facebook marketplace of used ac units for sale. For example : used

Cdu Daikin 30,000 btu for 5,000 baht - "it can be used normally." Don't expect any warranty.

20 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

trying to buy 3 aircons......Daikin older model, still being advertised on many lazada pages.......... tell them the model, askif they definitely have stock, they give you a  price, you ask for delivery, they have to check, they ask for the address, youve  already given it, you give it  again...............goes on for 45 minutes............then they say they dont have it but I can have the updated model which I specifically told them form the start I dont want even highlighting it........and so it goes on with lazada sellers  one after the other after the other.

Its no wonder they dont want competition. 40+k loss to all of them.

My experiences is totally different. Only the best about Lazada and customer service 🙏

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Are you the OP???

You asked, I answered.   Somethings, we can control.  Like 'our' heat or lack of oppressive heat in our environment :coffee1:

8 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

Sounds like a classic "bait and switch". Advertise a non-existant product at a low price, hoping to sell a different product at a higher price.

In addition displaying a product at a lower price than competitors, but when clicking on it the price is for another of their product or an accessory. Tactics to get you in hoping you’ll do it as you’re already in their shop. 

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I have saved enough money to fly to Europe and back by being unable to buy things on sale here.

1 - I wanted to buy a washing machine. The salesman spent a good 10 minutes describing details of the one we liked, we said we'd buy it, and he said they didn't have any.

2 - Saw a kettle I wanted on a shelf in a department store. I'll buy it, I told the assistant. We don't have it, was the response. There it is, I'll take it. Cannot sell. Why? It's the last one and only for display. Then why is it on display if you can't sell it, and if you can't sell it what do you do with it? Blank stare.

3 - Same with a phone I wanted to buy. In the display cabinet, last one, refused to sell it.

4 - Another attempt to buy a phone elsewhere. The display cabinet was locked and they couldn't find the key.

Another thing about sales here. If a salesperson is hell-bent on trying to sell you a particular model then they probably don't work for the store at all, despite their uniform, but are planted there by the manufacturer. Smoke and mirrors.

Spent ages with the mrs trying to choose tiles at a famous store, had 3 lots out on the floor, assistant so called hovering about who had put the tiles out.. In the end decided on one to buy- no have was the immediate response, ok have to be the second choice, no have again, this time asked why not- they can't get the materials was the laughable excuse. It will have to be number 3 then, have, have you got 26 sq meters- have. That's it then we will have those, ok but price not same as on shelf gone up. I said we would have them at the price on the shelf or not at all- cannot. Could she ask the manager- no cannot. Walked out and went to Homepro to buy them.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I could moan about you but wouldnt waste my breath.

please do, doesn't change the fact your post was just an anti Thai moan

• Like 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

Spent ages with the mrs trying to choose tiles at a famous store, had 3 lots out on the floor, assistant so called hovering about who had put the tiles out.. In the end decided on one to buy- no have was the immediate response, ok have to be the second choice, no have again, this time asked why not- they can't get the materials was the laughable excuse. It will have to be number 3 then, have, have you got 26 sq meters- have. That's it then we will have those, ok but price not same as on shelf gone up. I said we would have them at the price on the shelf or not at all- cannot. Could she ask the manager- no cannot. Walked out and went to Homepro to buy them.

A perfect picture of trying to buy something in Thailand. A total waste of time, and lacking any logic by the staff. I just can't understand how their mind works when they show you something they don't have. What is the point?

And as for a different price to that on display - I have lost count of the times - it must be a hundred over the years - when the price is either not there, doesn't match the actual price you pay, or shelves have two different prices for exactly the same product. It's like shopping in a lunatic asylum, where nothing is real or makes any sense.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A perfect picture of trying to buy something in Thailand. A total waste of time, and lacking any logic by the staff. I just can't understand how their mind works when they show you something they don't have. What is the point?

And as for a different price to that on display - I have lost count of the times - it must be a hundred over the years - when the price is either not there, doesn't match the actual price you pay, or shelves have two different prices for exactly the same product. It's like shopping in a lunatic asylum, where nothing is real or makes any sense.

They don't want to lose face by admitting they don't have it, or to disappoint you that's the 'logic' but are happy to waste everyone's time. Same with last fridge purchase from the 'Big' shop. On offer for 2 days with a sign on the fridge, this was day one. Spent time measuring it up talking with the assistant then deciding to buy one- no have. Mrs said oh you sold them all already, er no no have them yet. I have to walk off in these situations, she tore him to shreds.

• Sad 2

23 hours ago, steve187 said:

please do, doesn't change the fact your post was just an anti Thai moan

are u sure..............ok so the topic doesnt help you understand the discussion?............its about <deleted> service and the reason they dont want competition, as its a  Thai forum it could generally only be about Thais. That aside  are you having a  moan about my moaning?

• Sad 1