American Expats Flock to Russia: MAGA Voters Seek Nostalgia and Stability

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

And you're accusing others of spewing hate and venom?

yeah, the dude is being all tough from behind his keyboard, whats hateful about me pointing that out?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

yeah, the dude is being all tough from behind his keyboard, whats hateful about me pointing that out?

I do wonder why you haven't gone to Russia, I mean you just love the way things are there, or perhaps you did, and now retired in the Land of Smiles like me, so just come on here to let us know "where" you really come from, because you like being controlled by a thug....😋

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

"Russia, a country with a fascist warmongering regime, where they lock up people in penal colonies in Siberia, or beat them up, poison them or shoot them in the back, just for exercising their freedom of speech or run for office."

Do you not believe that Russia is a dictatorship?

Are you posting from Russia?

warmongering reigme?  haw many illegal wars the yanks been involved with in recent history?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

warmongering reigme?  haw many illegal wars the yanks been involved with in recent history?

Could you rewrite that...........🤭

11 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

Bad logic.

Russia can be a warmongering country *and* the US can also start wars.

Your job is to defend Russia, not try to change the subject. So, is Russia a warmongering country?

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

and what if Russa were a dictatorship? you don't like Putin or Russians so why do you care? 

I would like to go back to Russia, but it's impossible under current circumstances.

The best I can do now is visit northern Kazakhstan.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 6:16 AM, Jingthing said:

It seems pretty much most of them have youtube channels. It makes that tiny 5000 number admitted by American Expat to look to be much bigger. Of course there are more normal reasons to move to Russia. Fascination with the culture / language / history, married to a Russian, low cost college education.

On 5/11/2024 at 7:18 AM, Jingthing said:

The Canadian family (Countryside Acres and Countryside Corner) actually have valid self interest economics reasons to move to Russia to start a farm. 

But they are not like regular Russians. They're bringing in a large fortune to buy that large farm, something normal Russians could never do. With their money they can buy much more land and have a much bigger operation and have a much better chance to get rich. I respect that motivation and I respect them as farmers.

But they could have done the same thing in many other countries that are NOT RUSSIA!

But alas their agenda is explicitly political, pro Putin, anti Canada, anti western, anti LGBT, pro Russia in war against Ukraine -- so there is nothing to respect in that.

I would have thought most folks would be anti lgbt MAGAs or not ,as its a minority issue, or should be.

12 hours ago, Roo Island said:

Let's hope that happens! 😆 🤣

Hope is all you have left!

Similar to Obamas campaign.  HOPE and change.

He got the change right, for the worst.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

how do you come to that conclusion ?

Simple observation.

You blundered into the position of defending Putin, but you can't.

Now you are questioning whether Navalny is actually dead, which makes you look uninformed.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Tucker Carlson is lying to you.

Don't be fooled by his  videos of life in Moscow. And don't go to Russia, they would likely conscript you and send you to Ukraine.

Russia is an extreme dictatorship, most people fall in line, but those who don't have a short life expectancy.

And those who live outside Moscow live in wretched poverty.

Is your assumption based on experience visiting Moscow for for a reasonable amount of time?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Angus55 said:

The truth is Tucker Carlson would want to paint a rosy picture of Russia for political reasons....

Yes that is true of course. But he cannot take videos of what is not there and show it - you should watch the video/s where he walks around the city (not the Putin interview part).

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Yes that is true of course. But he cannot take videos of what is not there and show it - you should watch the video/s where he walks around the city (not the Putin interview part).

One of the reasons that Russian soldiers infamously steal toilets from Ukrainian homes is that they don't have one back home.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I was once put in a Russian jail for the crime of sitting in an airplane that the pilot happened to land in the wrong city.

Edited by Danderman123