Thai U-Turn on Cannabis: Protests and Lawsuits Loom

webfact

Stupid is what stupid does ! I suggest this is the only correct statement in this whole debarcle of decriminalise… recriminalise etc

3 hours ago, bob smith said:

... you get high from just being in the crowd!

Years ago I joined crowd protests against the red shirts in Bangkok, heard bullets flying around - and did not really get "high". 

Was something wrong with that crowd? 🤔 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Everything is bad here everybody go back to homelands sounds like thais liked it better in Covid times I certainly did now it blame a ferang it’s all their fault 

cry baby cry 

• Confused 7

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a flip flop of historic proportions and should never be forgotten.

A flip flop of the highest order. The likes of which the world has never seen before. In fact, I don't even know this flip flop very well. It might be a terrific flip flop for all I know. But many people have said to me that it is a very bad flip flop. The best people say that. Most people didn't even know these things. And I have the absolute right to say this. Let's make flip flops great again!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand's recent decision to reclassify cannabis as a narcotic, led by Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin, has sparked widespread outrage, threatening to ignite street protests and cause a flurry of lawsuits brought by an industry built on the promise of decriminalisation.

Street protests... really?

7 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Jeeeez do you have this wrong. It's not cartels that are farming the stuff now but it will be cartels profiting once again if it's recriminalised. Good idea. Put the money back into the hands of smugglers, generals and the BIB. 

Yep - but then the question becomes, cui bono?  Who exactly benefits from re-criminalization? 

U-Turn_Thai.jpg