Poll: Do you feel sympathetic to Putin? Did he really have no choice?

Poll  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if the Ukraine, i.e. American and European politicians, hadn't forbidden the broadcasting of news from the front, seen by the Russians, this war - pointless, because the biggest losers are the Ukrainians themselves - would have been over long ago.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Most Russians don't know that. They truly believe what they're being told

Not Russians I’ve spoken to. Or Chinese. But maybe that makes sense since I talked to the ones who had left their country. At least temporarily.

idk how these are even discussions myself. Just reverse engineer it a little. When was the last time the usa told the truth about how and why they entered a war to the public. I’ll wait.

so… anyone who believes them this time for some miraculous reason, idk they happen to be telling the truth because “this time its Putin” or whatever bloviates out of their mouth is pure swill

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

We need a poll on how many Russians think Russia blew up their own pipeline. I could take a guess at what the poll would look like but I’m not sure your guess would be too accurate? 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

We need a poll on how many Russians think Russia blew up their own pipeline. I could take a guess at what the poll would look like but I’m not sure your guess would be too accurate? 

Who blew up the pipeline?

In the interest in opinion I wold say the majority of Russians would  accurately  say that Russia  did not blow up it's own pipeline.

The origanla era of  West vs Soviet  propaganda  dies with the demise of the Soviet regime.

The Soviets did not require  propaganda. The threat of  repercussions in  non compliance  negated "propaganda".

It was the  West that felt the need to advertise the imminent  "reds under the beds"  rhetoric  .

The inherent  differentiation has persisted  for reason not so far removed .

• Confused 3
  • Sad 4
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

In the interest in opinion I wold say the majority of Russians would  accurately  say that Russia  did not blow up it's own pipeline.

The origanla era of  West vs Soviet  propaganda  dies with the demise of the Soviet regime.

The Soviets did not require  propaganda. The threat of  repercussions in  non compliance  negated "propaganda".

It was the  West that felt the need to advertise the imminent  "reds under the beds"  rhetoric  .

The inherent  differentiation has persisted  for reason not so far removed .

So the Russians have a beat on what actually happened to the pipeline more than Americans. 

just as I stated earlier. Americans are the most propagandized nation in the world. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 5/12/2024 at 3:19 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Absurd but true.

He has many fanboys among German right wing extremists and outright (neo)Nazis.

I think they see him as a new fuehrer/strong man.

I remembered one of them that on May 9 the defeat of the German Nazis was celebrated.

Message with no response.

I assume by "he" you mean Putin.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 5/11/2024 at 11:44 PM, JoseThailand said:

I meet lots of westerners who express sympathetic views on Putin's war in Ukraine. Basically they repeat the Russian propaganda points about Putin's having no other choice, NATO expansion, Nazism in Ukraine, threat to Russia, etc. Many say that if they were in Putin's shoes, they would do the same.

That's why I need this poll, to see if that is a common thread among westerners or it was just me meeting individuals with unconventional views.

I don't think 25 votes are representative. I voted yes because it's simply a fact that the 2014 agreement was trashed by the Ukrainians with USA backing. A better Poll is "should a negotiated peace be saught" surely we can all agree on that?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

On 5/13/2024 at 7:50 PM, Hummin said:

Who blew up the pipeline?

On 5/13/2024 at 8:05 PM, Jingthing said:

Inconclusive. 

Certainly a western country, most likely the one with the capability and the most to gain. If there was any suspicion that it was Russia or China or any African country, the UN wouldn’t be blocking calls for an international investigation and Denmark and Sweden wouldn’t keep their findings secret.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/13/2024 at 6:49 PM, JoseThailand said:

I didn’t realise so many posters here were Russians. I’m certainly not one.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, retarius said:

There was a limit to how many lives could be lost in the Donbass to nazi shelling. Putin had to act and he did so decisively but with total obedience to the rules of war. Ukraine will have an embarrassing time next month at the peace conference asking folk to sign on to Zelensky's peace plan in which Russia totally capitulates and surrenders to Ukraine. One to look forward to.....watch the cancellations come flying in. 

I don't know where you get your news, but I'm pretty sure the vilified MSM has shown, with significant evidence, that Russia has not been following the "rules of war" claim.

Regarding "There was a limit to how many lives could be lost in the Donbass to nazi shelling.", please do provide credible sources.

• Agree 2

On 5/14/2024 at 5:42 PM, BobBKK said:

I don't think 25 votes are representative. I voted yes because it's simply a fact that the 2014 agreement was trashed by the Ukrainians with USA backing. A better Poll is "should a negotiated peace be saught" surely we can all agree on that?

The only negotiated peace Putin would accept is total surrender.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, retarius said:

There was a limit to how many lives could be lost in the Donbass to nazi shelling. Putin had to act and he did so decisively but with total obedience to the rules of war. Ukraine will have an embarrassing time next month at the peace conference asking folk to sign on to Zelensky's peace plan in which Russia totally capitulates and surrenders to Ukraine. One to look forward to.....watch the cancellations come flying in. 

It is true, but the majority here believe MSNBC, CNN and the three B's

Biden/Blinken/Boris

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

17 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nazi shelling?

Thank you Vladimir.

Hmmm… wasn’t a Nazi soldier recently celebrated and applauded in a western Parliament?

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1