Poll: Do you feel sympathetic to Putin? Did he really have no choice?

Poll  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 5/13/2024 at 4:57 AM, Robert Paulson said:

Americans are the most highly propagandized population in the world. The difference between an American and a Russian or Chinese person is the Russian or Chinese know they are being propagandized. 

Correct - the news channels in all countries have lost any sense of ethics, and all sides try to brainwash their base. I agree the USA is way in front in that regard.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Wobblybob said:

He is blaming Ukraine for Russia illegally invading them, how low can you go.

You do not understand the history or causes. It's a sad reflection of the world today - but it is what it is. Let's see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Wobblybob said:

I'm astounded by your posts. :coffee1:

Thank you. I think I have a grasp of it after a lifetime of traveling, much of it in Russia and Ukraine. Have you been?  how did you find it?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

I've never been to the Sun but I know it's hot. 

So you do study a bit then... that's a start Bob!  Keep going is my encouragement

Now that you know the Sun is hot, what about that other round thing in the sky? I think it's called the Moon (but it's not made of cheese).  🌛

• Confused 2
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Tell me one thing - how did the invasion of Ukraine stop the NATO expansion? It did the exact opposite - accelerated it! Finland and Sweden, who refused to join NATO for decades, now joined it in a very speedy manner. Territory-wise, it is the biggest expansion of NATO since it's inception!

False equivalence - Finland and Sweden were always allied to USA/Europe and Ukraine to Russia (Slavs and all that). I can confidently say Ukraine will never be in NATO or WW3 will be here, and if that happens, it will all be irrelevant.

• Confused 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BobBKK said:

So you do study a bit then... that's a start Bob!  Keep going is my encouragement

Now that you know the Sun is hot, what about that other round thing in the sky? I think it's called the Moon (but it's not made of cheese).  🌛

Though it would seem, that round thing on top of your shoulders could be............:ohmy:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Gosh you've been to the Moon too, you've been everywhere man.🎼

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

A surrender deal.

A compromise that would have saved thousands of lives. It won't end well for Ukraine, unfortunately, and as Professor Mearsheimer, University of Chicago, pointed out countless times, a deal back then would have left Ukraine almost in one piece and saved hundreds of thousands of useless deaths.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

A compromise that would have saved thousands of lives. It won't end well for Ukraine, unfortunately, and as Professor Mearsheimer, University of Chicago, pointed out countless times, a deal back then would have left Ukraine almost in one piece and saved hundreds of thousands of useless deaths.

Would you be happy giving half your country away to an invader......?  🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1