Ladyboy duo nabbed for stealing gold necklace from Indian tourist

snoop1130

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The two were charged with committing theft at night, which carries a penalty of one to seven years imprisonment and a fine of 20,000 to 140,000 baht under Section 335 of the Criminal Law.

If they'll get half of the sentence it would be good, I doubt it though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is it just me or is there a statistical relevance to ladyboys and thievery significantly higher that the rest of the population. 

Or, are they stupid and get caught easier.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Many thefts committed by Thai transgender women against Indian tourists have been reported in Pattaya and other tourist areas.

Is this because the Indian are so careless wearing expensive jewelry trying to show they have money and at the same time allowing ladyboys to get close enough to steal from them? Hmm. You would think after happening many many times before that they would understand and know what happens when wearing jewelry openly in Pattaya.

21 minutes ago, Spock said:

What a weird offence - 'committing theft at night'! Why differentiate the time of day? Theft is theft.

This is a common law in Thailand and other countries. I guess at night you are more vulnerable. So the offence is worse. 

I heard the government were introducing a new class of visa, especially for Indians. It's called the Gold Necklace Visa. No, it's not about getting a ladyboy to wee over you. Just present a certified 99.9% gold necklace worth at least 50k THB at immigration and you'll get free entry for 30 days, and some coupons for exchange at Indian Gogo bars. I ladyboy drink per coupon. The return of the subsequently pinched gold necklace cannot be guaranteed, however.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Petloj explained that he was relaxing on Pattaya Beach when the two transgender women approached him.

Males... call it what it is.

• Agree 2

Many years ago I lost a gold ring to a guy who introduced himself to me with a hand-shake on a beach in Rayong. I only realiized it had gone after he had disappeared. Lesson learned...

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

2012-2024-05-16T111943.jpg

Police arrested two Thai ladyboy thieves for gold necklace theft in Pattaya after one of them was caught pretending to hug an Indian tourist and stealing his necklace worth about 60,000 baht.

The 50 year old victim, Subhash Petloj, reported the incident, which occurred around 10.50pm on May 9 to Mueang Pattaya Police Station. Petloj explained that he was relaxing on Pattaya Beach when the two transgender women approached him.

The women engaged in conversation with Petloj when one of them suddenly hugged him. While hugging him, the woman removed the gold necklace from his neck before leaving. Petloj realised his necklace was missing after they had gone and realised that the transwomen were tricky, not friendly.

Further investigation and review of security camera footage revealed that the transgender thieves were 34 year old Monlada “Em” Lahae and 41 year old Kotchapaphak “Nueng” Chamnanpoj. Their arrests were made yesterday, May 15.

Officers arrested Em at her rented room in the Bang Lamung district and seized her black Yamaha Fino motorcycle, which was used during the crime. Nueng was arrested at her condominium in Pattaya.

The two were charged with committing theft at night, which carries a penalty of one to seven years imprisonment and a fine of 20,000 to 140,000 baht under Section 335 of the Criminal Law.

Many thefts committed by Thai transgender women against Indian tourists have been reported in Pattaya and other tourist areas.

Photo via Channel 7 and Facebook/ เรารักพัทยา

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-16

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I wonder why they pick always Indians? Are Indians so wealthy showing their wealth by a golden necklace? Is that a must?

58 minutes ago, bradiston said:

If you put on a dress and a pair of high heels, what would we call you?

Are you seriously saying that you would call a bloke in a dress a woman?   

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, bradiston said:

If you put on a dress and a pair of high heels, what would we call you?

A bloke in a frock and high heels,  what else?   Clothing does not alter ones gender , only ones appearance. It really is as simple as that

• Agree 1