Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

24 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

I've said it once I'll say it again the UK and probably the US has a Ballistic Submarine within Range of Moscow and if Putin is crazy enough to launch a Nuclear warhead on the west Moscow and all its Citizens will be Ash. Russia can't even defeat Ukraine let alone take on NATO.

More likely only tactical nuclear war heads will ever be used. If a full ballistic nuclear war happening, it will be by a mistake most likely. 

Everyone knows starting a nuclear war will be a complete suicide and end of our civilazion as we know it. 

• Agree 1

15 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Why is the Korean war irrelevant?  China repeated its Korean  strategy in India and then Vietnam. 

The  accusations of a US military industrial complex are unfounded when one considers  the state of the US military supply chain now. The Putin Collective gleefully points out the  low manufacturing output of ordinance in the USA, screaming with delight that unlike Putin's Russia, the USA  is not making "enough" artillery shells and other munitions.  Today, astronauts are sitting up in the ISS waiting for a ride home because  Boeing can't guarantee a safe trip. So much for the great overpowering military industrial complex of the USA.

The US military is one of the most significant drivers of medical and technological research in the world. Its infectious disease unit directly impacts the quality of life of everyone in  Thailand with its work on HIV, dengue, malaria and other insect  borne illnesses. Fat farangs are able to travel to Thailand in comfort on aircraft developed in large part because of  US military advances  in aviation. It is the US military that has delivered aid to catastrophe stricken regions of the world and it was that US military industrial complex that responded to the first ebola crisis in Africa that prevented the world from succumbing to a plague much worse and far deadlier than Covid. And it was the US military industrial complex that provided the framework for one of the greatest humanitarian efforts in the world, when the  administration of President George Bush (the younger) launched its AIDS relief in campaign in Africa saving the lives of millions of people.  Russia and China certainly did not help, nor contribute. 

I  really would like to have a go at this but it's OT and I have been warned. In short Russia is maxed out just fighting Ukraine and I agree it does very little for the country bar destroy it's poor youth.But one thing about's Putin's power is that it is holding with an iron grip and his tenacity at not losing whilst NATO quite rightly eschews reclkess escalation and won't have boots on the ground means in an attritional war Russia wins and Ukriane gets destroyed. NATO/US gets rearnament, expansion and US disenegagment so it can concentrate on the ASIA/Pacific theatre. It's no coincidecne that Victoria Nuland is rarely seen without a smirk on her face whilst Zelenskiy looks increasingly harassed. He is a rose between 2 much bigger thorns. There is a guns/butter curve btw ! https://www.investopedia.com/terms/g/gunsandbutter.asp

Edited by beautifulthailand99

5 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

In my opinion, beautifulthailand99 posts what he believes is the truth, which I agree. He does his research, reads articles from both approved credible and “forbidden” sources and comes to his own conclusions, unlike many who takes everything reported by western msm as “facts”.

Don't make my life any more diffcult you are a Putin fanboy - where I seem him as ruthless kleoptocrat ruling with an iron fist on top of a gangster state - but at that he is a  master. And he keeps the lights on and food in the bellies of the average Russian and a misplaced pride in Mother Russia where the steppes are swimming in the blood of millions shed over the centuries.It's is Macbethian in tragedy " I am in blood. Stepped in so far that, should I wade no more, Returning were as tedious as go o'er". Don't poke the bear is as good a rule as any. But we have, there is no turning back from that truth will out in the end.

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

More likely only tactical nuclear war heads will ever be used. If a full ballistic nuclear war happening, it will be by a mistake most likely. 

Everyone knows starting a nuclear war will be a complete suicide and end of our civilazion as we know it. 

Agreed - and there are plenty of assymetric levers to pull now in this highly connected world that don't need nukes. Cut internet cables ,destroy satellites, hack critical infrastructure , give proxies anti-ship missiles and training (Houthis) and punch David Lammy in the face. At the moment the Russian's plan seems to totally destroy it's power grid which is back to the stone age bombing that the US was so happy to trumpet in times past.

• Confused 1

Even David Axe thought it was a foolhardy diversion - one hopes that problemfarang gets out of this alive but it looks like an effective pushback from the Russian has come.A very sobering read which chimes with whar pf has been saying such as Starlink and GPS doen't work so units  are flying blind on foreign territory againts formidable defences remininscent of the Surovikin line.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/09/13/world/ukraine-kursk-offensive-cost/index.html

Ukraine’s Kursk offensive was seen as a major success, but it came at a huge cost

All 14 said the Kursk counteroffensive was a difficult operation with casualty rates on par with other parts of the frontlines. They said it was getting tougher, five weeks in, and some even questioned the decision to launch the incursion at a time when Ukraine was struggling to defend key towns and cities in the east of the country.

“It will get more and more difficult. There will be more artillery fire, more soldiers, and there will be very big and difficult battles, but we must do everything we can that improves our position – Ukraine wants peace, but peace when we win, not when we lose,” Vasyl said.

“Russia is sending a lot of troops and artillery (to Kursk). We have a lot of guys who have been killed and we have a lot of destroyed hardware,” he added.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

Just enough not to lose never enought to win - NATO policy has at least been consistent throughout this senseless war. That and the fact you can't magic weapons out of thin air.

West crushes Ukraine’s hopes of loosening Russian strike ban

However, top diplomats from the U.S. and the U.K. did bring large aid packages and pledged continued support.

https://www.politico.eu/article/ukraine-russia-antony-blinken-kyiv-war-united-states-defense/

• Confused 2

Western media starting to say the quiet parts out loud - Zelenskiy's being set up as the fall guy. Ouch.

https://www.politico.eu/article/volodymyr-zelenskyy-ukraine-europe-russia-war-media/

Zelenskyy’s critics note that other wartime leaders took a markedly different approach. Notably, Britain’s Winston Churchill depended on a team of powerful ministers drawn from across the political spectrum to form a war cabinet that balanced interests and could command loyalty across the population.

His critics have long worried that Ukraine would start paying a price for what some dub a post-Soviet mentality of command and control, arguing that much of the country’s steadfast resilience can be explained by the nimble and innovative nature of its people and a tenacious civil society, all of whom have stepped in to bolster the state when found incapable — and something this consolidation of power runs against and weakens.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

I've said it once I'll say it again the UK and probably the US has a Ballistic Submarine within Range of Moscow and if Putin is crazy enough to launch a Nuclear warhead on the west Moscow and all its Citizens will be Ash. Russia can't even defeat Ukraine let alone take on NATO.

I have said this all along ....   the US won't mess around if they are convinced they must retaliate. 

they are masters at making sure something has to be done when it's critical. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, johng said:

You think Russian doesn't have submarines too ?  If the west is crazy enough to launch a nuclear strike on Moscow  then they will be ash too  MAD.

Oopsie! They are doing fancy NAVI joint exercises with 1000++ vessels, subs and planes from Far East - Arctic - Black Sea and all around. 

Yet, Raytheon is doing remarkably fine. I'd say "super fine". Why? from $80 to almost $120!

Edited by NativeBob
  • Confused 4

https://archive.is/ZTGCk

One problem, according to western officials, is that Russia began moving its aviation assets deeper inside Russia about three months ago, beyond the 250km range of Storm Shadows and the up to 300km range of Atacms.

The extra distance that Russian bomber pilots must now fly has put “extra grit into the Russian system,” said one western official. But the move has also reduced the effectiveness of western weaponry as there are fewer aviation targets within their reach.

Another problem is that inventories of Storm Shadows and Scalps are low, so even with permission for cross-border strikes Kyiv would not be able to deploy them in volume against multiple Russian targets.

“The missiles are no strategic panacea for Ukraine’s strategic military situation,” said another western official.