Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

6 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said that Vladmir Putin’ is not really supporting Vice President Harris in the upcoming presidential election: He said Putin was joking.    Putin prefers Trump.

The same joke repeated dozen of times? Does not look like a joke really.
Lavrov with daughter living in New York, Peskov with daughter living in Paris and other elite with hostages in western countries - all of them are dreaming to freeze the conflict - this is exactly what Trump wants. But not Putin. Putin`s dream is to fight and to restore USSR.

Edited by zmisha
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has said that Vladmir Putin’ is not really supporting Vice President Harris in the upcoming presidential election: He said Putin was joking.    Putin prefers Trump.

Another recent "joke" from Putin - he said to the leader of Crimea that he must establish Soviet power in Crimea. We see that the format of joke is very convenient excuse to safely speak what he really thinks.

Edited by zmisha

45 minutes ago, rabas said:

And here it comes. 

Russian state propaganda TV begins to discuss the possible resignation of Vladimir Putin.  Listen to the deep grunt of one of the guests on hearing the words.  Whoa!

And in my post right above you can read the explanation. Z guys are not surprised at all.

• Confused 2

48 minutes ago, rabas said:

And here it comes. 

Russian state propaganda TV begins to discuss the possible resignation of Vladimir Putin.  Listen to the deep grunt of one of the guests on hearing the words.  Whoa!

The Russian elite`s true face. And the obvious reason why Biden is sure - Russian nukes cannot be launched.

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

one hing Russians don't have it's a soul.... heartless people

Opinion - Something rotten in the ‘Russian soul’

https://au.yahoo.com/news/opinion-something-rotten-russian-soul-140000212.html

I don't believe that is a fair assessment to call the Russians a heartless people. I counter that the Russian is very much an emotional  and big hearted person. Much of its foreign affairs response many times is about maintaining Russian prestige and trying to create respect for Russia. It's  a longstanding insecurity and a sensitivity to international ridicule. Look at how the Russians bristle and become defensive when food shortages are mentioned or when their economy's weakness is  referenced.  Say the same think to Australian or a UK resident, and they will go, crikey, you're telling me, and then add on how much worse it is 😁 Mention a retail line in the USA and you will get  a personal tale of woe of how crazy the Costco parking lot can be (and they are always packed. It can be  a Madmax undertaking to find parking on a weekend).

Do not confuse rudeness, and a lack of decorum as being heartless. Prior to the war, youtube was filled with dashcam videos of  vehicular  incidents. Because of their heavy presence in Russian vehicles it was a lot of Russian content. Aside from showing Russia  having unsafe roads and some crazy drivers (like worse than Thai drivers bad), it showed Russians responding when an incident occurred. They are quick to render help, to go to help an elderly person who falls  or to put their lives at risk. Compare that to  other cultures where people will walk on by someone injured or in need of help after a car crash. India, Pakistan, Bangladesh are countries  notorious for people who will just stop and stare at someone in need of assistance, not rendering assistance. 

2 hours ago, rabas said:

And here it comes. 

How long until this man has an accident cleaning windows and falls from a building? 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2024 at 8:43 AM, zmisha said:

Because these people prefer the direct conflict (with the rebranded, blue and yellow colors on the US soldiers' military clothes to avoid responsibility)

IMO doing that would make them mercenaries, and liable to be shot on the spot if captured.

I doubt a soldier of one country can be ordered to pretend to be a member of another country's military, and if captured their inability to speak Ukrainian would doom them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

How can Russia keep producing weapons with foreign parts despite sanctions?

Because the sanctions are illegal and many countries don't agree  to enforce them  instead opting to  do trade instead of war ?

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Patong2021 said:

I don't believe that is a fair assessment to call the Russians a heartless people. I counter that the Russian is very much an emotional  and big hearted person. Much of its foreign affairs response many times is about maintaining Russian prestige and trying to create respect for Russia. It's  a longstanding insecurity and a sensitivity to international ridicule. Look at how the Russians bristle and become defensive when food shortages are mentioned or when their economy's weakness is  referenced.  Say the same think to Australian or a UK resident, and they will go, crikey, you're telling me, and then add on how much worse it is 😁 Mention a retail line in the USA and you will get  a personal tale of woe of how crazy the Costco parking lot can be (and they are always packed. It can be  a Madmax undertaking to find parking on a weekend).

Do not confuse rudeness, and a lack of decorum as being heartless. Prior to the war, youtube was filled with dashcam videos of  vehicular  incidents. Because of their heavy presence in Russian vehicles it was a lot of Russian content. Aside from showing Russia  having unsafe roads and some crazy drivers (like worse than Thai drivers bad), it showed Russians responding when an incident occurred. They are quick to render help, to go to help an elderly person who falls  or to put their lives at risk. Compare that to  other cultures where people will walk on by someone injured or in need of help after a car crash. India, Pakistan, Bangladesh are countries  notorious for people who will just stop and stare at someone in need of assistance, not rendering assistance. 

How long until this man has an accident cleaning windows and falls from a building? 

Most Russians I know are nice people.

However, the reply  East-European friends told me when I asked what they were thinking about Russians, sums it up!

"We like Russian people individually, we like to drink vodka with them, etc ... However  we don't like them as a group or nation. We don't like the way they behave collectively."

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

58 minutes ago, candide said:

Most Russians I know are nice people.

However, the reply  East-European friends told me when I asked what they were thinking about Russians, sums it up!

"We like Russian people individually, we like to drink vodka with them, etc ... However  we don't like them as a group or nation. We don't like the way they behave collectively."

yes, this is very correct.

1 hour ago, candide said:

However  we don't like them as a group or nation.

You should know the main basic thing of geopolitics - there are no friends among countries - all the countries are competitors (= enemies) and, consequently, don't like one another as groups or nations. Yes, this is that simple. But sometimes competitors work together to defeat other competitor. That is called "friends" but it does not mean actually "friends".
What are examples of friends in the modern world? US and UK? Maybe but if you think a bit - you will find that a lot of countries that were colonies of British Empire in the past are now pseudo-colonies of US. So what will happen if one day US become weaker than UK? The later will grab the former by the throat and the reason named will be something about democracy human rights etc... But the underlying reason will be that UK never forget who stole its colonies.
In the times of WW2 UK US and USSR were "friends". This is another example of this simple geopolitical rule.

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

American voters the choice is clear.

The Lincoln Project is an American political action committee founded in December 2019 by moderate conservatives and former Republican Party members who oppose U.S. President Donald Trump and Trumpism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lincoln_Project

this is what real republican and conservative statesmen believe in.

STATESMEN.

• Love It 1