Drunk Chinese national causes extensive damage in a Bangkok hotel

snoop1130

16 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Big old shisha pipe on the floor ........ no sign of any liquor bottles .... big room for a hotel and he traveled with Amazon boxes? How strange.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

File photo for reference only. Courtesy of Google

ransacked-2.jpg

A Chinese man was arrested in Bangkok after causing havoc at a hotel while under the influence of alcohol. The 30-year-old caused extensive damage to a hotel room in the Sathorn district, burning and breaking various items of property.

The local police were alerted by the manager of the hotel on Southern Sathorn Road on May 19, after the intoxicated visitor went on a wrecking spree. The police found evidence of arson on the door of the room and many damaged items within the room. Hotel staff and security had managed to restrain the man.

After sobering up, the man informed the police that he checked into the hotel on May 18 at around 3:11 am and stayed till 7 am the next day. During that period, he confessed to consuming alcohol and destroying several hotel property items.

The damage caused by the man was extensive. It included burning a room door and a room service call button with a cigarette lighter, smashing a glass window, a 55-inch television set, a door on the 15th floor of the hotel, a lamp, a marble table, and bedding. The total cost of the damage he caused was estimated to be 150,800 baht.

The man has been charged with three offences according to the Criminal Law. These include setting fire to another person's property, causing damage to another person’s property and public intoxication causing disturbance. The penalties for these offences range from fines to imprisonment for periods between six months to seven years.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Nobody was injured. He just destroyed some items. He'll pay his debts and will say Goodbye to Thailand.🙏

ransacked-2.jpg

A Chinese man was arrested in Bangkok after causing havoc at a hotel while under the influence of alcohol. The 30-year-old caused extensive damage to a hotel room in the Sathorn district, burning and breaking various items of property.

The local police were alerted by the manager of the hotel on Southern Sathorn Road on May 19, after the intoxicated visitor went on a wrecking spree. The police found evidence of arson on the door of the room and many damaged items within the room. Hotel staff and security had managed to restrain the man.

After sobering up, the man informed the police that he checked into the hotel on May 18 at around 3:11 am and stayed till 7 am the next day. During that period, he confessed to consuming alcohol and destroying several hotel property items.

The damage caused by the man was extensive. It included burning a room door and a room service call button with a cigarette lighter, smashing a glass window, a 55-inch television set, a door on the 15th floor of the hotel, a lamp, a marble table, and bedding. The total cost of the damage he caused was estimated to be 150,800 baht.

The man has been charged with three offences according to the Criminal Law. These include setting fire to another person's property, causing damage to another person’s property and public intoxication causing disturbance. The penalties for these offences range from fines to imprisonment for periods between six months to seven years.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-05-20

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

No countries welcome these type Low Scums.....Charge to Max...Cane if possible...shame him publicly..Jail and Expell ...Never allowed to return again.. Disgraceful and distasteful..

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Time for another free visa extension.

He asked an agent and they charged him 200K for an extension, so he decided to think over it with some drinks, and realized this was faster to get a visa extension pending trial.

6 minutes ago, Andre0720 said:

I thought I remembered being drunk in my teen years.

On second thought, I was only feeling good...

Just depends where you from, if you were English it was totally different.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

A very precise estimate of 150,800 was made before the room door was opened 🤔

Yeah that is for sure some nonsense quote, I doubt it could be more than 75,000 baht with all the stuff they listed. The marble table being the most expensive of it, else it should be even less.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, stoner said:

take note....the framed pic of some cutie is still very much in tact and not damaged in any way....i dare not take a black light to that room. 

also big surprise another story involving alcohol. 

Yep, thank your lucky stars it wasnt weed, he may have curled up and gone to sleep in front of the telly instead.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Crikey, after looking the photo I thought he was a Brit. 😂

Crazy China man. 

You have a few too many last night on Soi 6? Did your 'Chinese ' takeaway turn out to be a bloke?😘

12 minutes ago, roo860 said:

You have a few too many last night on Soi 6? Did your 'Chinese ' takeaway turn out to be a bloke?😘

Yes, I think I had too many. 

Thanks for the kiss, jup jup 😬

7 hours ago, smedly said:

the guy lost it, I don't see a lot of damage that a quick tidy will sort out

he needs to stay off the weed it can cause serious mental episodes like this : )

Ignorant rubbish. Weed induces calm, not violence. This case is more likely one involving alcohol and crystal meth. 

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, stoner said:

take note....the framed pic of some cutie is still very much in tact and not damaged in any way....i dare not take a black light to that room. 

Stock photo, the "cutie" has no connection to the OP.

• Like 1

He will be up for some big bills after this Inccident.would love to know why he did that.He will be in a place now where he can not make damage and i imagine told to leave thailand

8 hours ago, smedly said:

the guy lost it, I don't see a lot of damage that a quick tidy will sort out

he needs to stay off the weed it can cause serious mental episodes like this : )

Maybe he was angry because he got  crushed in the rush at the all you can eat buffet.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

The Chinese will not do that, but they will dox him and pull his passport. They may prosecute as well.

of course they won't that never happens

Edited by Boedog
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Yes, I think I had too many. 

Thanks for the kiss, jup jup 😬

Cheers, didn't reply sooner as I'm doing the Mae Hong Son loop with me Aussie biker mates!👌

8 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

He is Chinese so will get off fairly lightly with a slap on the wrist and a fine ...............

correct   he was given a fruit basket and elite visa and offered an apology..

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, tjintx said:

The cutie with the beard?

correct...he offered to take care of her so she could quit her job at the circus......just ask her to shave b4 kissing her gnite 🙂

• Haha 1