Bangkok holds five-day Pride fest to boost LGBTQ+ tourism

webfact

11 hours ago, GanDoonToonPet said:

Regarding 'Pride Month', 'Black History Month' and the proposed 'Islamophobia Awareness Month' in the UK; seems like an arms race to me; grab those months when you can, there's not many left.

I remember when we had a 'minute's silence' for important events. A few years ago, I think the anniversary of Princess Diana's death, it got extended to 2 minutes, the 3, then 4...then everyone came to their senses.

Let's hope the same thing happens with everything else. Next will be (for example) 'Pride Season' then 'Pride Year' then 'Pride Life of the Universe'; an endless arms race where everyone is trying to outdo each other to jostle their position to be the most 'oppressed'

Sadly there's way too much money to be made by special interest groups to push their agenda in a very aggressive way.   BLM proved that, made 100's of millions, and the result was the complete opposite.  For the cause anyway.  Got their 15 minute of recognition, statues, air time, but created an ever larger divide and resentment toward them, in their tactics.

Same happening now with the alphabet folks.   Shame really as it casts a shadow on some issues that should, could and would have been addressed, and probably in a quicker, favorable way.

Shoot themselves in the foot, but organizers are raking in the money, but sacrificing the message.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, BusNo8 said:

Imagine this is gonna be a big hit with the Arab, Russian and Indian families. 👍👍👍

I agree.

They will love it.

Something free and festive that they don't have back home.

Why travel if things aren't different?

Just now, Jingthing said:

I agree.

They will love it.

Something free and festive that they don't have back home.

Why travel if things aren't different?

I'm surmising this isn't the kind of different they are after. Probably most will find it revolting

22 minutes ago, BusNo8 said:

I'm surmising this isn't the kind of different they are after. Probably most will find it revolting

I think you're projecting and if they don’t want to see it they can simply and easily walk away.

26 minutes ago, BusNo8 said:

Defo plenty of em are pillow biters though.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/21/2024 at 10:13 PM, KhunLA said:

Oh honey ... it's only one day ....

... oh wait, it's 'Pride Month"

Black History Month

Woman's History Month

When's 'white male month' ? ... never mind, that's racist and misogynist :coffee1:

Geez, when are straight white men gonna get a break in this world?

Pathetic.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2024 at 10:13 PM, KhunLA said:

Oh honey ... it's only one day ....

... oh wait, it's 'Pride Month"

Black History Month

Woman's History Month

When's 'white male month' ? ... never mind, that's racist and misogynist :coffee1:

Us straight whities get steak and <deleted> day which is fantastic.

I'd be keen for steak and <deleted> month though !!

image.png.150081edd991c5ab19288c73aa7fee03.png