Thaksin Advised Against Exerting Excess Behind-The-Scenes Power

webfact

Too lateHe's already been granted carte blanche and any such sham warnings are just for show. Likely wouldn't heed them regardless, as he is the puppet master pulling the strings. 

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Adventurer1 said:

Convicted criminal dictating policy.

Convicted in a court run during yet another illegal military coup unelected government.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

He could have settled to the life of a retired grandfather, play with his grandchildren, and live in peace.

But no, that is obviously not what the criminal wanted.

Thailand had enough of Thaksin, the Shinawatras, and their minions. 

How about the current mob of unelected power-hungry elite who spent much of their time in power blaming everything on the evil one right up until they welcomed him back in the country to "serve his time", if by serving his time you mean lounging in luxury outside of the purview of the commoners. He's now free and clear, and if you don't think he's joined up with the current elite who now realize there's a much larger threat on the horizon - young people who aren't tied to or interested in perpetuating the old system whereby the same dinosaurs pass the public purse around to pilfer. 

This is just a more subtle version of Trumpism - don't mind me, BUT LOOK OVER THERE!!!! THERE'S THE BAD GUY!!! NO NOT THAT ONE, THAT WAS LAST YEARS' BAD GUY!!!

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, stoner said:

limit ?

i didn't know he was still an active member of the party. 

may you never lose your naivety🤣

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

recent photo; no longer gravely sick nor even looking tired.. acually looking very happy... ...miracle cures available in Thailand only.. 

PANACEA now available in Thailand !!!, should be the lates sales pitch....  

18 minutes ago, smew said:

recent photo; no longer gravely sick nor even looking tired.. acually looking very happy... ...miracle cures available in Thailand only.. 

PANACEA now available in Thailand !!!, should be the lates sales pitch....  

Maybe a new hub. 😉 

• Love It 1

7 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Why just pick on Thaksin?

What about all of the 'generals' and rich businessmen?

Because the article is about Thaksin. If we included everyone we'd die before getting to the end.

Also Thaksin supports and defends the military

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra should write, Convicted and paroled ex-prime minister which is a fair and true statement. It reminds people as to his past.

Let's assume the deal was come back, join the junta parties, maintain enough popularity to fend off MF.

All very well and good but this coalition is subject to instability. Thai conservatives hate Thaksin and his family, that will never change, so there's simmering discontent just beneath the surface.

Just imagine being forced to accept the return of a man who you've spent countless years demonising! Must stick in the craw.

The junta parties can accept many of the PT MPs, they're no different to them, old style MPs with their own loyal fiefdoms, but they can't stomach Thaksin's insufferable arrogance and desire to dominate everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if they encouraged him and his family to take a helicopter ride one day.

But one can assume the real movers behind Thaksin's return want him to work his populist magic on the populace again, neutering MF.

If he can't do that, then he is of little use.

So I'm guessing  he'll be given a free hand for a year or two, but if it seems his star has lost his shine, then perhaps some new charges could be threatened to persuade him to once again return to counting the grains of sand in the Dubai desert.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I think that you may find that you are in a minority here.

Lots of Thais that I speak to still support him. Always have and always will.

NB I do not speak to many ultra rich, generals or influencers.

Perhaps you haven't spoken with relatives/friends of those who were killed or injured responding to a call to arms from Tony.

Next time you are speaking with the Thais you speak to perhaps ask their thoughts on Tony then vs Tony now and how they feel about such deaths and injuries. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, kimamey said:

Because the article is about Thaksin. If we included everyone we'd die before getting to the end.

Also Thaksin supports and defends the military

Are you talking about the same Thaksin here? If you are I give you the award for being the most incorrect post I've seen on here today. Wait scrub that. The 2nd most incorrect. The article (although technically yesterday) about SQ321 must take 1st place. If your comment on the otherhand is tongue in cheek I suggest the use of an emoji to make it obvious.