Tourists behaving badly told to smarten up or stay home!

29 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This is the result of the liberal leftists attacking the moral building institutions of the world in the name of freedom... it has bred a general populace of MEMEMEMEME babies who's mommies haven't let grow up.  

But I'll guess they're over 18...

2 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

This is the result of the liberal leftists attacking the moral building institutions of the world in the name of freedom... it has bred a general populace of MEMEMEMEME babies who's mommies haven't let grow up.  

Too much weed?

• Haha 1

gotta take the rainy days with the sunny ones

<deleted> around and find out ....maybe if the police enforced laws.....or only when they want a little pocket money and decide to do a sting on tourist on mbikes but not the thais that rent said bikes.....stop issuing visas to them if you dont want them..and tell them to go f....OH...wait.....money #1....in LOS     tell us again TAT about this tourist numbers and plans to give exempt visas

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

crack down hard on prostitution and the bad tourists will have no reason to come.

hardly anybody would come here at all  Take away the seedier side of things and there is very little to attract people to this place that can't be found elsewhere. Its not particularly cheap any more either, and their reputation for fleecing tourists is well known,  I reckon the TAT are well aware of this

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Considering the millions of tourists who come to Thailand each year the number of reports in the media about misbehaving idiots is percentage wise extremely small.

But the recent  disproportionate  media coverage given to these stories recently seems to have taken in  the more gullible. It only goes to show how some people on here  are easily manipulated 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 2long said:

While I fully understand that there are some a-holes who travel for tourism, but get drunk, expect too much, or just behave badly, we need to remember that some of these destinations rely totally on tourism. Therefore, things like anti-tourist rallies, and the like need to be taken into context. If these places had no tourism, the people would have no money. They cant have their cake and eat it.

It's not dissimilar from celebs and sports stars asking for privacy, while keeping the benefits of a luxury lifestyle.

I agree. I think before covid and just offer it, places that really were either wholly or substantially tourism driven were tripping over themselves to attract those dollars back into their local economies and government coffers..

but .. i also think that are some point not too after that, the deluge occurred.. and now we see places like Japan implanting “controls”, anti-tourism (which ever way you choose to see this) in hopes to better manage it..

but I do agree in principle that many of these tourism dependent places do have limits to how far they can control it… they may want to better control the “goose”.. but they still need it to lay that golden egg. 

• Like 1

IMO, there is a HUGE amount of media attention on when these falangs do really <deleted>ty and stupid things (perhaps encouraging others), but there is NO media reports of their punishment, which would dissuade others, obviously!

I don't whether it's because the media simply is not interested in following up on these stories to tell us the conclusion, or if it's because there was no or very little punishment due to money being exchanged.

1 hour ago, Enoon said:

Could someone take Mr Skipalong back to his room please?

and the fool who said this can go with him,,," the liberals are in the Peace Corps  and other humanitarian agencies HELPING  the people of the world."

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSam said:

IMO, there is a HUGE amount of media attention on when these falangs do really <deleted>ty and stupid things (perhaps encouraging others), but there is NO media reports of their punishment, which would dissuade others, obviously!

I don't whether it's because the media simply is not interested in following up on these stories to tell us the conclusion, or if it's because there was no or very little punishment due to money being exchanged.

Its always the same whether the miscreants are Thai or foreign ,  big fuss about the incident but rarely any follow up concerning the punishments handed out

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gsxrnz said:

I remember the good old days when travelling was expensive, and governments didn't yet steal enough of the taxpayers money to redistribute to the CHAV's, Bogans, or Rednecks (pick your vernacular) to allow them to afford to be a tourist. The death of God and the rise of post-modernist cultural Marxism hasn't done the world many favors.:coffee1:

God as such didn't die, 'he' is just viewed more realistically as a field of consciousness which doesn't care about your beliefs while Marxism was just a reaction to the cruelty of rampant unrestricted capitalism supported by the church, even the ancient Sumerien civilization was more benevolent to its people than the West during the Victorian era. Even today 20% of the population in the UK is on or below the poverty level, chavs are made not born.

36 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Rude, thuggish behaviour is unacceptable anywhere.

wrong , Its almost obligatory in some places, Council estates in the UK would be one of them, Pro Palestinian  marches would be another. as would almost any large gathering of protesting  lefty activists       Have you seen how the majority of politicians behave in the house of commons?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Yes Donald 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, still kicking said:

Yes Donald 

well done, you even  managed to mention Trump in a thread about badly behaved tourists. That's incredible ! Unless of course you were referring to the legendary british actor and star of 80's TV sit coms the late great Donald Sinden or maybe Hollywood actor Donald Sutherland

• Confused 1

On 5/24/2024 at 5:20 AM, Skipalongcassidy said:

TDS is treatable... get some help.

No it’s not , unless it’s Dead , now we could discuss your Cult of Morons and Traitors for Putin 

• Sad 1