Hillary Clinton Reflects on 2016 Campaign: Women Abandoned Me Because I Wasn’t 'Perfect'

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The Deplorables were never going to vote for Clinton.

Subsequent events have demonstrated her assessment to be correct.

She'd still be president today if she hadn't made the "deplorables" remark.

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Agree.

Just like Brexit, she learnt the painful lesson that insulting people with a different opinion to you is not a great way to garner votes.

Thank god she said it. 😄

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

Actually you may be correct to bad she was very sick at the time when she made that unfortunate comment tho it’s turned out to be true unfortunately 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:
2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Nah.

No body who voted for Trump was ever going to vote for Clinton.

Doesn't matter.  For that brief moment, to score some cheap points, she took off her mask and revealed what a divisive, mean spirited person she really is.  That wasn't the only thing that lost her the election, but it made the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Tug said:

Actually you may be correct to bad she was very sick at the time when she made that unfortunate comment tho it’s turned out to be true unfortunately 

She's been sick a long time, then.  Because she's still disrespecting half the electorate.  Or maybe she's not sick.  Just mean spirited.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I know a couple of normally Democrat voting women who stated they refused to vote for Hillary because she didn’t divorce Bill after his Lewinsky affair.

I am sure this was a factor for many women.

But I think a bigger factor is the U.S. is not yet ready for a female President, too many voters have their heads stuck in the 1950s.

she also stood firm with him during all of his sexual misconduct doings. allegations etc. then fast forward and she said she believes all women. #metoo

hypocrite also comes to mind. 

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:cheesy:

IMO she wasn't elected because she was a horrible person, nothing to do with being imperfect. Loads of women have been PMs and presidents in various countries and none of them have been "perfect".

What is it about her that makes her horrible. Look at her actual policies and Trumps actual policies rather than rhetoric and ask yourself which would have been better for you if you were American rather then Kiwi. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

She’s an intelligent, articulate woman who speaks up for herself.

By calling anyone with a different opinion to her, Deplorable?

There's a difference between insulting millions of the electorate and speaking up for yourself. 

Hardly intelligent, as the election results showed. 

It's the type of behaviour I'd expect from two housewives arguing in Costco. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hillary - just like several posters on this forum and this post, just cannot get over that Trump won (fairly).

I am looking forward to their reactions when Trump wins again.

But I am even more looking forward to what Trump is going to do to the corrupt Dems and RINOs.

And to all their supporters/enablers like NATO and UN and all the 'funders' like Soros etc.

Trump has had 4 years of planning and getting things ready - he is going to start running like an SR-71 Blackbird at full speed.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Hillary - just like several posters on this forum and this post, just cannot get over that Trump won (fairly).

I am looking forward to their reactions when Trump wins again.

But I am even more looking forward to what Trump is going to do to the corrupt Dems and RINOs.

And to all their supporters/enablers like NATO and UN and all the 'funders' like Soros etc.

Trump has had 4 years of planning and getting things ready - he is going to start running like an SR-71 Blackbird at full speed.

He’s falling apart by the day.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

You mean smoky, noisy, extremely obvious and unsubtle, 30 years out of date and with a 30% crash rate!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, CharlieKo said:

That is one very bitter woman. Eight years on and she still blames everyone else but herself. 

I'd be bitter as well.

Imagine having your husband humiliating you by cheating on you with a plump intern in front of the whole world, then work your whole life for something only to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory with one bitchy comment. 

I'm not surprised she's bitter. She's looking to play a card, and as a priviliged Caucasian the only one she has is the woman card. Massive fail. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, herfiehandbag said:

You mean smoky, noisy, extremely obvious and unsubtle, 30 years out of date and with a 30% rate!

LOL - that was good 😁    But I was referring to the speed. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Imagine having your husband humiliating you by cheating on you with a plump intern

One sucked better than the other, Hillary obviously sucked at everything she tried to do! And by the looks of Bill he's been paying the price ever since!

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Hawaiian said:

The subject is Hillary Clinton and not Donald Trump.  She broke the rules.  Period!  Stop crying over spilled milk because she never made it to become a "credible" president.

What rules?

Does, 30,000 documented lies make a 'credible president'?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Purdey said:

Ahem, 3 million more votes than Trump.

Of course, the popular vote doesn't count.

The presidential election in the US does not depend on the popular vote, so no it doesn't count.

The point I make is that despite Trump being an awful choice, and almost anyone else would have won easily, she was so horrible that she didn't get enough votes in the states where she lost the election.

For a man that had just recently had the pussygate tapes released, to win had to mean that enough people either didn't vote, or voted for him over her, which means she was just too horrible to vote for. Had Bernie been the candidate I reckon he would have been in in a landslide over Trump. I'd have voted for Bernie over Trump, but never in a million years would I vote for her.

30 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

By calling anyone with a different opinion to her, Deplorable?

There's a difference between insulting millions of the electorate and speaking up for yourself. 

Hardly intelligent, as the election results showed. 

It's the type of behaviour I'd expect from two housewives arguing in Costco. 

She wasn’t insulting the electorate, she was identifying deplorables within Trump’s base.

Subsequent events demonstrated and continue demonstrate her assessment to be correct. 

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

What is it about her that makes her horrible. Look at her actual policies and Trumps actual policies rather than rhetoric and ask yourself which would have been better for you if you were American rather then Kiwi. 

Her treatment of the women that came forward about affairs with Bill, and her abandonment of the men in Algeria. The Algerian fiasco says it all about her lack of commitment to the men that serve the US overseas.

Between her and Trump, Trump. Between Bernie and Trump, Bernie. I'm of no fixed party or political wing. I'll vote for the best of 2 options or if no best to talk of, the least worst.

1 hour ago, impulse said:

She's been sick a long time, then.  Because she's still disrespecting half the electorate.  Or maybe she's not sick.  Just mean spirited.

IMO she's a nasty woman.

She also has no dress sense with that ghastly pants suit. It'd be like a male candidate wearing a hoodie for the debates.

50 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

OK, so far we've had the gender card and now the sick card.

Anyone for the ageist card? 

Or how about the "own it" card?

What is this "sick" excuse? First time I heard it.

Does being sick make one unpleasant?

• Thumbs Up 1