Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe it's time to have foreign bouncers, better trained people, like years ago farang bar managers started appearing. Thais haven't got the language skills amongst other things

Hiring trained Thai personnel would be enough. These guys obviously have no formal training in handling such situations.

You reckon I should cancel my Soi 6 short-time booking now?

I just spoke with my doctor and he said most STD's are treatable, that an extra 2,000 Baht fleecing is to be expected after you've had a few, but he said field goal kicks to the head on Soi 6 should be avoided from a hired thug named "Ice". 

• Haha 1

I watched the YouTube version. The foreign guys were dicks for refusing to pay and then squaring up to the guards, who are paid to sort this type of trouble out. The head kick looked bad but I don't think the guards were wearing boots or heavy shoes, although the guy in white did look hurt, so that was excessive as the guy was one the floor anyway and no threat.

As far as I can see the guards were just doing their jobs, which is to give a good hammering to people who refuse to pay. But the odds were ok and better than the usual 10 onto 1 we see on videos. Seems like the usual high quality pissed up Brits Thailand sees to attract, or their equivalent from somewhere else, where they want to play the big hard guy, but actually can't handle it. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Khaosod reporting that the bar attempted to make the farang in the white pay another person's bill after he had paid his own. When they tried he refused, became annoyed and verbally abusive. Security arrived and then started fighting and assaulting the punters. 

Sounds familiar 

• Like 2

im my 15 yrs in LOS i went to Patts to see it for myself..left within 12 hrs.....seedy AF imo

anyhoo up here in CM the club dudes/Sec thais are same same as i went to an after hrs place and they

were telling me where i couldnt park on the public street and we had words....in true thai fashion they sucker

punched me from behind and right in the head(always go for the head!) and knocked me down face first onto dirty

gravel road..broke my glasses and my arm had gravel embedded as well.....always in packs and always cowardly

I left a nice review with said pics on google maps as a reminder to others..think the place is shut down as well.....

and as noted if they dude died that thai dude kicking him in the head should be the possible reason why--ie prison

seems these angry thai dudes seek out this kind of work just for an outlet to feed their violent tendencies...smh

another day in the LOS

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I remember a couple of years ago, I walked into a Russian owned bar in Walking street with a half empty water bottle. The Thai security guard rushed after me and without saying anything started to twist my arm until I let the bottle go. Some of those people working for the bars are just mental.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Khaosod reporting that the bar attempted to make the farang in the white pay another person's bill after he had paid his own. When they tried he refused, became annoyed and verbally abusive. Security arrived and then started fighting and assaulting the punters. 

That's a new twist. Bill padding is pretty common once the punter has had quite a few and bought a few more for the ladies, but something doesn't sound right there.

The geezer already paid his own bill and now the bar wants to force him to pay a ฿2000 bill of some other bloke that he doesn't even know?

Naah, something doesn't wash.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, retarius said:

As far as I can see the guards were just doing their jobs, which is to give a good hammering to people who refuse to pay.

Must have vision problems, there is no way that should be in their job scope of work.

5 minutes ago, Pastabus said:

I remember a couple of years ago, I walked into a Russian owned bar in Walking street with a half empty water bottle. The Thai security guard rushed after me and without saying anything started to twist my arm until I let the bottle go. Some of those people working for the bars are just mental.

Sorry, you experienced that, totally over the top but it is common sense not to walk into any bar with a drink from somewhere else. Lesson learned?  stay safe

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tubber said:

Not much as we found out in Hua Hin a few years back when a 68 year old husband, his 65 year wife and 43 year old son were all kicked senseless.

yes i remember that, a nasty business in the "Tunbridge Wells" of Thailand, I may be wrong  but i seem to remember the perpetrators actually got some jail time for that

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Must have vision problems, there is no way that should be in their job scope of work.

20:20 vision. Try pulling that kind of nonsense with bouncers in nightclubs in the west, you will end up with a hammering as well. 

3 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

I'm sure its not in their official job description

5 minutes ago, Maitdjai said:

Missing things is quite usual for retarded individuals. we're living in a tolerant society.
If something happens to you in Thailand (fight, scammed, accident), everything is “voluntary”. Because, if you wouldn't come to Thailand, nothing would have happened to you. I've heard that before, thought it's sarcasm, but it is meant quite serious by ignorants,
pathetic "newbees", and alike.

I guess I'm longer in this country than you and know how to avoid such incidents. 

You're talking just gibberish.

I'd say you have to learn a lot. You can ask me for advice.👍

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You forgot to read on to the end, or selectively chose what part of the article to post:

Pol. Lt. Col. Nawin Thirawit, Superintendent of Pattaya Police Station, said the police must proceed with legal action. He also reprimanded the suspects, stating that as security guards, their duty is to ensure the safety of tourists, not to cause trouble

I did read on, and I didn't selectively choose what part of the article to post.

I regret that I didn't include a 'sarcasm' emoji which might have made it clearer to all readers that my post was tongue in cheek.  :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

• Confused 1