Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

35 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Getting very very tired of your ridiculous comments!

Oh, thanks for letting me know. I have a suggestion. Don´t read them then. Se, now I helped as you seem to have problem finding a solution on your own. 😉 

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Go on. Dig your hole a little deeper. You are still supporting murderous thugs over the victims.

Who got murdered and who did the murdering ?

Just now, ChumpChange said:

Whether they knew the 3rd guy or not doesn't seem materiel. Fact is they already paid all outstanding bills before any violence erupted. 

As you said, guards should have left and no violence should have occurred at all. But these guards are probably looking for any opportunity to smash up anyone who is a bit drunk and acting a bit aggressive. They also probably want to prove their worth to the bar owners and as to why they should be paid to be there. All of it is all wrong on every level. 

i do not disagree at all
i only mention the 3rd guy as if unknown to them, then it clearly justifies the tourists reactions when asked to pay someone else's bill
but if they did know the person and were all together as a group, then yeh a bit dumb to kick up a fuss with the cashier to start it all if it was theirs mates bin, just pay it.

46 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Open your ears and eyes. I suppose the old couple and their son a few years ago who got a severe gang kickdown ending in hospital and very serious injuries was a figment of the imagination.  Wake up for god sake or does it make you feel safe victim blaming? This could very easily happen to you so better lock your door and hide under your bed....

The old lady that got the kicking wasn't entirely innocent, she walks up and slaps the Thai thug which sends them crazy. Way over the top reaction and beating the <deleted> out of an old couple is pretty sick, people need to realise some of these Thais don't play by the rules.

• Like 1

Just now, patman30 said:

i do not disagree at all
i only mention the 3rd guy as if unknown to them, then it clearly justifies the tourists reactions when asked to pay someone else's bill
but if they did know the person and were all together as a group, then yeh a bit dumb to kick up a fuss with the cashier to start it all if it was theirs mates bin, just pay it.

According to the cashier, they were all together as a group of 3. Mates presumably. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

According to the cashier, they were all together as a group of 3. Mates presumably. 

yes that was the point i initially made
what the cashier sees may not be the case
they could have met the 3rd guy minutes or hours before and got chatting,
could have even met him walking down soi 6
just because they enter together, does not mean they are together.
i knew long stayers who were known for doing this, have met others who brag of doing this

Edited by patman30
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, patman30 said:

i knew long stayers who were known for doing this, have met others who brag of doing this

Fine. Possible. The phenomenon isn't so fascinating though. Also, needless conjecture and became moot (prior to any violence) once all bills were already paid. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, patman30 said:

Or they could have meet the 3rd guy minutes or hours before and thought they would try and stick him with their bin. All assumptions at this stage🤷

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Nowhere near good enough. All three should be charged with assault and the one who kicked the guy in the head should be facing an attempted murder charge.

Totally agree. I was also being sarcastic a bit in my post. 

30 minutes ago, Chris Renaix said:

Well I have seen this brawl from different angles now, and yes, that would be clear murder

the 3 thugs have admitted their guilt. if not murder then all 3 thugs punching and kicking prostrate semi conscious people amounts to attempted murder in most civilised countries. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sinsot said:

Or they could have meet the 3rd guy minutes or hours before and thought they would try and stick him with their bin. All assumptions at this stage🤷

read my above post
i am not making assumptions or saying what happened
i am pointing out something that does happen frequently in Pattaya

2 minutes ago, patman30 said:

read my above post
i am not making assumptions or saying what happened
i am pointing out something that does happen frequently in Pattaya

I know, i'm pointing out the same thing.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ChumpChange said:

Totally agree. I was also being sarcastic a bit in my post. 

Yes I know you were.  However, the Thai police's attitude seems to be that all they have to do is say sorry. I suspect that they will also have contributed to the Thai Police Benevolent Fund.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1

If this was a similar type of street (or for that matter, a small sin city, especially if a lot of the local are names something like "Jermaine Tyrone Washington") in 'Murica there'd be five GSW/stab cadavers every night, so frankly I consider these occasional falang dork beatdowns by chimp wannabe gangstas to be pretty much nothingburgers.

3 hours ago, xhruso00 said:
Reddit under ThailandTourism has the full CCTV from bar.

Yup, and - surprised surprise - they didn't hit a woman (or anyone) inside the bar.

He pointed his finger at the cashier whom he appeared to be having a disagreement with. No surprise there either.

I guess padding isn't just for bras.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

one guard ran up to the guy and kicked him to make sure the kick had some extra lethalness to it.

It's about time Thai authorities criminalize this sick behavior by security guards.

It is criminalised!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Yes I know you were.  However, the Thai police's attitude seems to be that all they have to do is say sorry. I suspect that they will also have contributed to the Thai Police Benevolent Fund.

It might even be more incestuous than that, but I don't want to throw around anecdotal conjecture.

Let's say though they might also be seen as being useful to keep other hands clean and to handle and take the fall in certain situations when needed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

PATTAYA – An altercation occurred in Pattaya City on Soi Six over the past weekend involving security personnel working for independent bars from an undisclosed entertainment venue and three foreign nationals. The incident, which took place at 5:26 p.m. on Friday, May 24th, 2024, was captured on video and disseminated through social media, going viral.

The videos, each lasting approximately one minute, depict the security guards engaging in a physical confrontation with the foreign individuals. The footage shows one unidentified tourist in a white shirt seemingly being attacked by the guards, followed by a second tourist in a gray shirt who intervenes and is subsequently assaulted.

As the videos may disturb sensitive readers, we have decided not to show them here, although they are widely available online.

One unidentified foreign tourist appears to be kicked in the head by a guard while lying injured on the ground at the end of the fight, which caused significant discourse and commentary on both Thai and English social media. His condition is still to be confirmed by police publicly as of press time.

By Adam Judd

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-05-27

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I am always horrified that people "kick" when people are on the ground, why?

5 hours ago, Taboo2 said:

Have they blamed weed for this incident?  We know how they blame weed for everything now in Thailand.

Ooh, touchy or what?

Time for the next spliff.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Once I noticed I had different beers on my bill waitress pointed at the 2 guys and told me they said ok to put on my bill. When I asked the guys why they just shrugged their shoulders and said why not.

It's been so long since I've sat in any type of bar like that, but back in the day you often met guys in bars like those who would do the opposite and buy you a beer instead. 

Well, did they at least offer you a reach around in return? Seems like the least they could've done as a courtesy. 

• Agree 1