Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Hmmh, better to have a nail in the foot than in a head. But hey, that would mean "you nailed it.😂

Self-awareness is a promising, first step.
Sometimes, you need “out standers” to realize the own misery.
Your reflex, about nails in “a” head, is also a promising development.
It's never too late!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Play silly games, win silly prizes comes to mind.

58 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Is that the tourist who was captured on CCTV an hour later crossing the intersection of Klang and 2nd road ?

59 minutes ago, bob smith said:

you must have 'silly prizes' comin out yer ears, Ralf!

bob.

Obsolete to talk to the “negotiator”.
The answers are mostly 1–2 content free sentences of stammered nonsense.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2024 at 3:21 AM, mstevens said:

Elsewhere, it is being reported that the guy who took a kicking to the head has died.

Manslaughter it is then no iffs no buts

On 5/27/2024 at 7:10 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Are the hells angles the good guys now? Crazy! 

Karma has a habit of kicking back

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

And it hasn't worked. Maybe the problem is that the Brit tabloids constantly play up the, ah, sexier side of Thailand to appeal to the prurience of average louts living in their council estates. Thailand should sue the tabloids and win the way the Royals do!

Nonetheless, the tourism numbers continue to increase. But I agree that support hasn't kept up with the numbers.

Yes the number of tourists has increased but total revenue is about 3/4 of pre covid revenue

1 hour ago, Bvor said:

get rid of the "security guard" goons, put a 2 man police box with accompanying patrols in girly soi 6. i'm sure BIB's finest would like such a hands on job.

Never go in place where you have to walk a gauntlet by a sh*tload of these jerks. 

20 minutes ago, Older and Wiser said:

Never heard of 4 floors of Whores, then?

My god!  Is that place still running? 

Is the downstairs Irish Pub still there?  Haven't been back to Singapore for ages. 

12 minutes ago, Korat Kiwi said:

My god!  Is that place still running? 

Is the downstairs Irish Pub still there?  Haven't been back to Singapore for ages. 

They "closed" the Orchard Tower for Night Life 🙂 was a fun place have to say. The pubs stand out haha we had some good nights there with funny music.

Crazy how one Redditor can spread these lies about the guy being dead and every newspaper in the world picks it up. Shows a lot how manipulative this stuff is nowadays.

Seeing the videos they seem alive, was just a brawl with a really bad kick though. That part is still crazy

Hope the guy checked up at the hospital because he can still bleeding in his brain/head.

Wonder if they will ever complain and the guards will get charged or if they just disappear and want it gone (the UK boys). I mean they still have a case here as they got attacked and beaten but most probably they understand they not innocent making stress in the bar as you see on the videos.

Posted (edited)

The whole "Thai apologist" thing is such a fascinating physiological phenomenon.

Like, if they do something wrong why can't you just call a spade a spade?

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maitdjai said:

Obsolete to talk to the “negotiator”.
The answers are mostly 1–2 content free sentences of stammered nonsense.

much like the crap you spout.

8 hours ago, charleskerins said:

Not stupid at all it's reality . It would have been 3 on 3  and maybe they wouldn't have been kicked in the head.  He sure was active before the fight.      They aren't going to prison   and they have engaged in this behavior before.

Your post makes zero sense. Not participating in an altercation would have protected his head much more safely.

But thinking one step further: "winning the fight" would have only meant, that more Thai bystanders -- security and tuk tuk drivers -- would have become active, so the outcome most likely pretty nasty as well.

And injuring a Thai would lead 100% to a stay at the police station, and if you cannot pay your way out of this right this evening, a likely court case months in the future, preventing exiting Thailand. Imagine your whole life back at home trashed, because you have to linger for months waiting for an extremely slow bureaucracy to grind on...

So, what does "winning" really mean here for you??

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BigStar said:

And it hasn't worked. Maybe the problem is that the Brit tabloids constantly play up the, ah, sexier side of Thailand to appeal to the prurience of average louts living in their council estates. Thailand should sue the tabloids and win the way the Royals do!

Nonetheless, the tourism numbers continue to increase. But I agree that support hasn't kept up with the numbers.

The UK tabloids do cater for the lowest common denominator - and I guess that is the type interested in parts of Pattaya.

There was a bounce-back in Thailand tourism 23/24 - but no where near as much as other places 'bounced' in percentage terms.

Plus a lot of that total number was the 'loyal' Chinese and those who are banned from going elsewhere (Russians/Ukrainians).

Next year will be the decider - if it is not as much as 2019 and/or the other SEAsian destinations, then the TAT will hit the FAN. 

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bvor said:

get rid of the "security guard" goons, put a 2 man police box with accompanying patrols in girly soi 6. i'm sure BIB's finest would like such a hands on job.

This would be the way to do it yes, police box at each end every day, along with the accompanying printed warning signs, two man patrols walking back and forth (not exactly a long soi), same as they have in Bangkok.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And then, in your and my home country, there are laws, which are enforced by the police. In our home countries the police are not regularly paid by all those bars to look the other way.

There is the assertion, by the Chief of Police no less, that the police cannot do anything, until the victims come forward to press charges. That is of course not true at all.

But it rhymes quite well with what OneMoreFarang wrote there.

Edited by jts-khorat
  • Like 1

If, I repeat if, it is true that the Brits didn't pay their bill they were asking for trouble. The bar employees will be charged for whatever amount is involved. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, morrobay said:

Never go in place where you have to walk a gauntlet by a sh*tload of these jerks. 

Are you talking about the security guards or drunk tattooed Brits?

If Brits, I can see your point.

If security, I’ve never had a problem with them. 

• Sad 2

A question:

If you are in a pub back in England, have a dispute, the police show up, and you use force against the police, what would happen? What if you broke the nose of one of them?

• Confused 3

On 5/27/2024 at 10:08 AM, Hummin said:

Who do you think want to be a bouncher in soi 6? Your clients is bigger, heavier, drunk, stupid foreigners? 

Som trying to convince me it is a family destination, but really? 

They probably advertise this back home in China, come and see the depraved and totally perverted life that they're leading in Pattaya. It's likely a major tourist attraction for the supposedly pure at heart. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, varun said:

Here we go again..

Drunk Brits get into an argument with some locals and receive a 4-on-1 Thai-style kicking,

and that too outside a go-go...and that too in Pattaya!

99% of the security guards outside go-go's and clubs/bars in Bkk/Pattaya are itching for a reason to beat the crap,

out of a farang - don't be that reason!

OH what I would give to see a gang of Hells Angels ride down soi 6 tooled up. 

That would definitely sort the men from the boys! 

Bob. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

They probably advertise this back home in China, come and see the depraved and totally perverted life that they're leading in Pattaya. It's likely a major tourist attraction for the supposedly pure at heart. 

Last time I was in Walking street, there where the traditional cineese guide in front with the bus grup  flag, matching t-shirts guided through. Wonder if they do that in soi 6 to?

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Last time I was in Walking street, there where the traditional cineese guide in front with the bus grup  flag, matching t-shirts guided through. Wonder if they do that in soi 6 to?

Probably part of the "come to Pattaya and see the sex freaks" tour. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I have never seen a Chinese tour group on Soi 6.

Plenty of Indian tourists, though. They walk up and down Soi 6.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, G_Money said:

Are you talking about the security guards or drunk tattooed Brits?

If Brits, I can see your point.

If security, I’ve never had a problem with them. 

Here is context. Actually I have problems with all the jerks In Pattaya, foreign and locals . About 80% of locals and 40% of foreigners IMG_20240528_212503.jpg.37afd7a86949089149d6442f3eeb3e6d.jpg

Edited by morrobay

59 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

This must be satire; nobody that has ever been to Pattaya could be so naive.

You must be a problem child for them.

Nine months a year living here as a extended tourist consistently for 10 years and shorter times before then and I’ve never had an issue with them.