Picking some brains

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, and he can use the magnetic switches with 12V to trigger the relay. And the relay switches the 220V for the motor. It's not really that difficult. 

The control board has relays to control the motor already! The relays control motor direction while other circuits on the 220V side provide soft stop to limit gate hard closing. Inputs from limit switches tell the controller when to slow down and stop the motor. The controller can also use its relays to stop the motor if safety devices are triggered or excessive motor load detected.

It's not really that difficult.

Edited by Fruit Trader

Found an AC version on Shopee for 270 bht, so it's on the way, and soon will know if it works, otherwise it get returned.

I have chatted with multiple sellers on Shopee and Lazada, but none of them actually know if it will work. Will keep you updated

image.png.fd87e09ef0353d6d6bca2336a0844c1c.png

8 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Found an AC version on Shopee for 270 bht, so it's on the way, and soon will know if it works, otherwise it get returned.

I have chatted with multiple sellers on Shopee and Lazada, but none of them actually know if it will work. Will keep you updated

You have ordered a magnetic limit switch for the BSM brand gate motor. Apart from the outer case it's pretty much the same as what you originally suggested from AliExpress.

AC in the product description does not mean the switch is an alternating current version.

You will need two magnets and mounting brackets which I guess you have ordered separately.

Like most of the magnetic gate control switches, the BSM version you have ordered is nothing more than two reed switches soldered to a circuit board as shown below.

Inside the BSM magnetic switch module

S080514.jpg.833ef458cc92ac1b66c33ac3ece1164d.jpg

On 5/31/2024 at 4:33 PM, Yellowtail said:

Thats a good suggestion if the correct centre off switch arrangment is chosen. Problem is the limited space inside of these gate motor enclosures as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

You have ordered a magnetic limit switch for the BSM brand gate motor. Apart from the outer case it's pretty much the same as what you originally suggested from AliExpress.

AC in the product description does not mean the switch is an alternating current version.

Yes I'm aware of that, but since the BSM motor runs on AC, and the mechanical switch for my Foresee F500 motor, clearly differs between AC and DC motors, so there must be a difference somewhere. Since you seem to be well-informed on this subject, maybe you know where the difference will be.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002630161335.html

Foresee Original Stroke Switch Limit Switch For F500 F550 Electric Sliding Gate Opener Sliding Door Motor

Note:  Door resistance accessories are divided into AC and DC, which are accessories on different motors, please pay attention to the distinction.Original AC door resistance accessories suitable for F500B/F500M/F500G/F500G+/F550M/F550G

I could have ordered one a little cheaper, and get actually exactly the same product, but it didn't state if it was AC or DC.

https://www.lazada.co.th//products/i5034327506-s21285178581.html?

So I thought I should remove all speculation and order one designed for an AC motor.

Edited by CallumWK

10 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Yes I'm aware of that, but since the BSM motor runs on AC, but the mechanical switch for my Foresee F500 motor, clearly differs between AC and DC motors, so there must be a difference somewhere.

Both BSM and the Foresee F500 drive the gate gearbox with an AC motor. These AC motors are powered from the 220V side of the circuit board. In another area of the circuit board there are DC electronic circuits taking external inputs from limit switches etc which are then processed by logic control to decide what happens at the 220V AC motor side.

Almost all gate controllers use low voltage DC signals in the limit switch circuit. The control board is not bothered if these signal come from a mechanical micro switch or magnetic reed type.

The difference between switches in the links you provide is one is operated mechanically the other with magnetism.

9 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

Both BSM and the Foresee F500 drive the gate gearbox with an AC motor. These AC motors are powered from the 220V side of the circuit board. In another area of the circuit board there are DC electronic circuits taking external inputs from limit switches etc which are then processed by logic control to decide what happens at the 220V AC motor side.

Almost all gate controllers use low voltage DC signals in the limit switch circuit. The control board is not bothered if these signal come from a mechanical micro switch or magnetic reed type.

The difference between switches in the links you provide is one is operated mechanically the other with magnetism.

Not sure if something get lost in translation, but for the mechanical switch of the Foresee motor, they clearly provide an AC and DC version, for a reason unknown to me.

image.png.8dfab0779964b0cb069eb81d6bccc53a.pngimage.png.0a8dd885e4299952900c2bbba37e34fa.png

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

Not sure if something get lost in translation, but for the mechanical switch of the Foresee motor, they clearly provide an AC and DC version, for a reason unknown to me.

There are two models 500 and 550 one uses a AC motor to drive the gate the other DC. If your info is correct your gate is the 500 driven with a AC motor.

Both of these models use DC signals at the limit switches but different style of switch mount which is why the listing has selection for 500AC and 550DC.

PS

The DC motor versions provide improved control of the gate and the ability to add battery backup on some models.

Edited by Fruit Trader

On 6/2/2024 at 11:27 PM, CallumWK said:

Item arrived today, but no worky.

Occasionally it will stop the gate, but most of the time not, so return to sender