5 year multiple entry DTV visa (Destination Thailand) from 2024-xx-xx

9 hours ago, shdmn said:

I think someone posted their DTV visa here, unless I saw that somewhere else.  Not 100% sure.

Yes, @LivinL0S was so kind as to post his DTV here:

On 7/19/2024 at 6:20 PM, Rob Browder said:

In theory, you can apply in a neighboring country - nothing yet printed on consulate websites saying you cannot - though those websites are not always accurate / complete.  I am waiting to see "success" reports, to know for sure.  

Note that we can NOT apply in a neighboring country for the METV (Multiple Entry Tourist Visa) - only "in your home country" - and I agree that flying 1/2 way around the world to submit paperwork is stupid.

Hi Rob - have you heard any successful cases of getting the DTV visa in Laos, Malaysia, etc. recently?  Also, the local Immigration Office in Bangkok is not taking the DTV applications?  Thank you!

20 minutes ago, jack343 said:

Hi Rob - have you heard any successful cases of getting the DTV visa in Laos, Malaysia, etc. recently?  Also, the local Immigration Office in Bangkok is not taking the DTV applications?  Thank you!

Nothing yet - stay tuned.  And, yes, a moderator here asked at the Bangkok Immigration office - cannot apply there.  Only the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, via consulates abroad, offers the visa currently.

34 minutes ago, jack343 said:

If someone made an appointment in Vientiane right after they announced the DTV, that appointment will probably be about 1-2 weeks from now. So we might get the first reports from someone applying there in a few weeks time.

• Like 1

Sorry if answered already. How do re-entries / multiple entries work on DTV? Do you have to go to immigration and get a re-entry permit? I can do multiple random periods totalling the 180 days?

14 minutes ago, dannyb123 said:

Sorry if answered already. How do re-entries / multiple entries work on DTV? Do you have to go to immigration and get a re-entry permit? I can do multiple random periods totalling the 180 days?

No re entry permit required. Each entry is 180 days stay. 

180 days is not total, it is per entry. To stay beyond 180 days consecutively requires an extension at Immigration.

Alternatively leave and re enter to get 180 days stay each entry during the 5 year visa validity period. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Assuming is never good but I assume they will likely handle expired passports with the DTV still having a couple years left in them, the same as other visas? Can someone enlighten me on that procedure? Im only hesitant to apply for the DTV as my passport expires in 2 years. Thank you so much.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JDMCanuck said:

Assuming is never good but I assume they will likely handle expired passports with the DTV still having a couple years left in them, the same as other visas? Can someone enlighten me on that procedure? Im only hesitant to apply for the DTV as my passport expires in 2 years. Thank you so much.

Using the Elite visa as an example, you need at least 12 months left on your passport to apply & they will grant you the visa up to the expiry date of your passport.

With the Elite Visa you then go back with your new passport & get the remaining 3 years so I would imagine it would be the same with DTVs.

• Agree 1

Before everyone here gets too excited about changing over to this new DTV, consider that you might not be able to get (or renew an existing ) Thai Driving License.

You might not be able to buy/sell a motorcycle or vehicle while on a DTV (without a Non Immigrant Long Stay Visa) and I doubt if you will be able to get a "Certificate of Residency" from Immigration, should you need one.

After all, this is a tourist visa, NOT a Non-Imm long stay visa.

I'm sure there will other challenges besides those I mentioned above.

Just a thought.  

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Got Residence Certificate in Phuket many times on tourist/exempt stamp, bought new and sold motorcycle with it. Got DL on tourist visa, will renew in 2 months having 60 day stamp.
The banks don't like the stamp now but DLT has no problem with it.

• Like 1

I guess it depends on where you are then.... notice I said:

6 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

you might not be able to get

and

6 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

You might not be able to buy/sell

and as far as I have heard and read, it is now very difficult or next to impossible to get a Driving License or open s bank account if here on a tourist visa.  YMMV

• Haha 2

On 7/18/2024 at 1:39 PM, Bobajob said:

It's been clearly updated on the Thai London website. So it's not a total stay of 360 days over the course of five years. It's 180 days per entry. That one entry can be extended within the country for another 180 days. Then you have to leave and come back again and repeat. I guess the confusing thing is whether we're talking about a year as well. So, for example, if you use up 170 days in the first six months of your stay and then you go back to England, for example, does that mean you have one day left that year? Or, when you come in, does it reset? That's the only question I've got, if that makes sense. Oh, and how much the extension costs within Thailand and, of course, what nobody probably knows at the moment, which is what paperwork do you need for that extension.

IMG_3929.jpeg

Exactly even the royal gazette publication says it clearly too.. I am unsure how some (usually accurate) youtube legal companies are claiming they read it as cumulative.. I know also TAT said it was cumulative but honestly I dont trust a work they say any longer. 

Screenshot 2024-07-22 090704.png

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 6:42 PM, anrcaccount said:

There are multiple reports of approvals coming in, just not from this forum.

Ones I have seen so far are for "workcation", remote work purposes. 

Will be interesting to see the "soft power" purposes approvals, where this visa is granted for a single doctors appointment or a cooking class! 

Are you able to share links? I'm specifically interested in workcation approvals from people applying outside of their home country.

On 7/20/2024 at 9:46 PM, shdmn said:

Has anyone figured how how much the extension costs?  I've heard 1900 and 10000 which just sounds like people, including people at immigration, repeating other known fees.  I'm willing to bet it ends up being somewhere in between.

This is an unknown.. The initial cabinet discussion had this in the minuted of the meeting but it does not say anything about it in the royal gazette publication which you would think it had to. 

Its a question in search of clarity at this stage IMO.

9 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Using the Elite visa as an example, you need at least 12 months left on your passport to apply & they will grant you the visa up to the expiry date of your passport.

With the Elite Visa you then go back with your new passport & get the remaining 3 years so I would imagine it would be the same with DTVs.

No my passport expires in 26 and my visa runs to 29

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, MeePeeMai said:

Before everyone here gets too excited about changing over to this new DTV, consider that you might not be able to get (or renew an existing ) Thai Driving License.

You might not be able to buy/sell a motorcycle or vehicle while on a DTV (without a Non Immigrant Long Stay Visa) and I doubt if you will be able to get a "Certificate of Residency" from Immigration, should you need one.

What are you talking about you can buy and sell a vehicle on a 30 day visa exempt stamp.. What visa class you are on has zero relation to owning a vehicle.

Yes DLs may or may not be 5 year / 2 years.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

No my passport expires in 26 and my visa runs to 29

I take it you're on a DTV as I'm sure I've read with Elite you only get a Visa up until your passport expiry date.. Can you post a redacted pick of it. 

I'll be honest that doesn't make sense to me as Visas are tied to Passport numbers, do you have an actual visa sticker in your passport or an eVisa piece of paper?

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

Got Residence Certificate in Phuket many times on tourist/exempt stamp, bought new and sold motorcycle with it. Got DL on tourist visa, will renew in 2 months having 60 day stamp.
The banks don't like the stamp now but DLT has no problem with it.

My understanding is that tourist visas only entitles you to 2 year DLs and not the 5 year DLs. Have you ever managed a 5 year DL on tourist visa? If yes, perhaps you could get 5 year DLs on the DTV.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Mike Teavee said:

I take it you're on a DTV as I'm sure I've read with Elite you only get a Visa up until your passport expiry date.. Can you post a redacted pick of it. 

I'll be honest that doesn't make sense to me as Visas are tied to Passport numbers, do you have an actual visa sticker in your passport or an eVisa piece of paper?

Yes DTV and I was the poster who uploaded the DTV to the forum in another thread.

26 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Yes DTV and I was the poster who uploaded the DTV to the forum in another thread.

Found it 

So you have an eVisa but haven't used it to enter Thailand yet.

What happens when you do use it to enter Thailand?  Do you carry on using that piece of paper or will they put a Visa Sticker/Stamp in your Passport?  If it's the latter then I would expect this to be valid until the end of your passport, but when you get a new passport they'll put a new Visa Stamp into your passport valid until the end of the 5 year DTV as happens with the Elite Visas.

Well, this guy's interpretation of the DTV is that you cannot stay in thailand permanently for 5 years.

After 180 days, you need to leave thailand for "a couple of months" , but maybe he's just pulling it out of his butt. 

Then he describes the Elite/Privilege visa as the world's most over-priced tourist visa and looks like he's holding himself back from laughter at people who are willing to pay for it. 

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

I dont arrive until late aug. 

I anticipate what happens is that I carry that piece of paper around every time I come and go, and I get a 180 day permission of stay inked in.. Thats sort of the same process for multiple entry tourist visas issued via evisa 

TBH I'm not familiar with eVisas but with the Elite (& LTR I believe) you let them know when you're arriving & they arrange to have a 5 year (or up to the date your passport expires) Visa sticker affixed to your passport.

If they haven't mentioned anything to you about needing to do that then I'd guess you are correct & you just need to carry that piece of paper with you for the next 5 years but it would be interesting to see what happens when you turn up & your Passport doesn't match the number on the eVisa... Feels like you would also need to carry your old passport with you until the Visa expires. 

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Agree 2

On 5/30/2024 at 7:34 AM, BusNo8 said:

I'd be happy if Thailand rid itself of the tiktokers. Really lightweight bs, often clueless and sometimes misinformation is misleading and even dangerous. It is though free *soft power* or at least upbeat promotion.

Yes, it would be good to eliminate everyone you disapprove of and allow upstanding individuals like yourself to stay.

I've never had a problem with any TikToker, including my wife, who's right into it. Of course it's lightweight. What else would you expect? - it's entertainment.

"misinformation is misleading and even dangerous"?... and who's going to fact-check it?

13 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

"misinformation is misleading and even dangerous"?... and who's going to fact-check it?

speaking of misinformation, that youtuber whose video I posted also has a video called "Why Thailand is a horrible country". clearly has some agenda against thailand, but you can't control people from posting their crap on social media.