ATM/Debit card and electronic transfers not working

15 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Are some bank staff not a bit like IO's with different staff members telling you different things?

It's a national sport, they won silver at the 2006 and 2016 Olympics.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Lister said:

It's a national sport, they won silver at the 2006 and 2016 Olympics.

I was just going to add similar type of comment but yours was spot on lol

I think it comes back to "face" in places like banks. The bank teller rather than admitting she doesnt know the answer to a question and having to ask a colleague will instead say the first thing that comes into their head

18 hours ago, Mike Lister said:

No, my SSc is direct deposit to Bangkok Bank Chiang Mai, there are no withdrawal restrictions.

There are 2 methods that can be used to have SS deposited directly to a Bangkok bank account.

The original method (before IDD) was to a special account at Bangkok bank that requires an in person visit to withdraw the funds.

The newer IDD method can be used to a regular Bangkok bank account that won't have that restriction.

You are getting your SS pension via IDD to a regular savings account at Bangkok bank.

The two methods are quite dissimilar and the effective exchange rate will be slightly different.

• Thanks 1

On 5/31/2024 at 3:01 PM, norbra said:

today KBank have blocked access via there app,I am using a 12 month data sim registered in my name but not registered with the bank,must visit branch to register.

Made the effort today, registered my data sim at Kbank,easy, all good.

On 5/30/2024 at 11:54 PM, Mike Lister said:

I receive US SSc direct to Bangkok Bank and there are no restrictions for me and I make transfers every month. I have read that there are certain types of accounts at BB where US SSc payments can only be transacted over the counter but I can't remember why. It's an anti-fraud measure of some type. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, perhaps others can add some more words to what I tried to describe.

As Mike correctly says, there are some circumstances and some accounts where the US SSA requires us to have the person turn up to ensure they are not dead and to prevent other fraud. Honestly I don't have the detail on this, and I can get somebody to give an explanation that I can point to here. However, please note that we are the only Thai bank will a banking license in the USA and the only Thai bank authorized to process such payments straight-through without any manual intervention. And as both a moral and ethical bank we adhere to all regulations. There is no "wiggle room" with us on this which is how we intend to be. 

So please do contact me as Mike says below if you need help. I am already dealing with Barry via my official Bank email - which I will not post here. If you want to contact me please do so initially via PM

Thanks, Mike. 

Ian

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2024 at 6:48 PM, thainet said:

Less than Android 8 was back in the Stone age.

Just to be clear, we often have to "sunset" a version of ANDROID (and less often iOS) based on known security defects or on the lack of support for a newer technology. Other drivers which are less important are the number of users on a particular version, because the testing of new functions and the regression testing of old functions, while automated, is time consuming. Most people update their phones every 2-3 years so this normally affects a very small number of people (the sunset of an older version of ANDROID). 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/1/2024 at 4:13 PM, norbra said:

Made the effort today, registered my data sim at Kbank,easy, all good.

How exactly did that work and how did you prove that the SIM card is registered in your name?

I'm potentially facing the same issue. Longtime user of Kasikorn Bank's app with a SIM card that has been registered in my name since 2010, but to the best of my knowledge, Kasikorn Bank doesn't know that. My app is still working fine as of today for what it's worth though. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Caldera said:

How exactly did that work and how did you prove that the SIM card is registered in your name?

I'm potentially facing the same issue. Longtime user of Kasikorn Bank's app with a SIM card that has been registered in my name since 2010, but to the best of my knowledge, Kasikorn Bank doesn't know that. My app is still working fine as of today for what it's worth though. 

Kasikorn displayed the number of my  Sim I was using for connecting with them as it was not registered with them, Check the number you registered with them, if it's the same number as your Sim card you don't have a problem. 

I didn't need to provide ownership, just that the sim was in my phone to confirm their change of number process had worked fine and I had access to my account. 

Edited by norbra
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, norbra said:

Kasikorn displayed the number of my  Sim I was using for connecting with them as it was not registered with them, Check the number you registered with them, if it's the same number as your Sim card you don't have a problem. 

I didn't need to provide ownership, just that the sim was in my phone to confirm their change of number process had worked fine and I had access to my account. 

Thanks for this! Looks like I'm fine then, my current number is already on record with them and used for things such as transaction alerts and OTPs via SMS.

Was it more than 50,000 bah transfer? they've blocked transfer over 50,000 for accounts/methods without biometric data

on the phone app you can do it as it has biometrics, not sure if putting in cards at the ATM to transfer counts as having biometrics or not, I see some newer ATMs has extra cameras