Sexual assault in an international school

pedro01

My daughter (half English/half Thai) was sexually assaulted 2 times this week on a school trip. In one case a boy groped her in the swimming pool, then yesterday she was surrounded by a gang of 4 boys who started to touch her butt and breasts. One of the students in the latter attack had already been 'punished' for taking photographs up my daughters skirt. The punishment was suspension. For this offence his punishment is going to be "isolation" - so he's allowed at school but is supposed to stay away from my daughter. After 2 assaults. 

In the oldest attack, my daughter was surrounded by boys again and they started pulling on her bra. Two attacks occurred on school grounds and the other two on a school residential trip in Rayong.

That totals 4 sexual assaults against my daughter - all under school supervision. This is not just happening to my daughter at the school - but the girls are too afraid to come forward because they fear what the boys will do.

I would like your thoughts on civil/criminal action in this case. At the end of the day - it's sexual assault on a minor. Any good tips on lawyers would be good too!

• Sad 18
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

Maybe the Ministry or Education is already aware that this takes place in many schools and just turns a blind eye to it.

Path of least resistance - they are lazy & do as little as possible until they realise they can't.

In short, ensure that you (use, we, the Op) do not become the path of least resistance in such situations (and many others).

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

Does international schools mean non-Thai students? Some cultures tolerate this and consider it "boys will be boys" etc... maybe even Thailand is like this but I've never seen it myself.

Edited by NorthernRyland
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Does international schools mean non-Thai students? Some cultures tolerate this and consider it "boys will be boys" etc... maybe even Thailand is like this but I've never seen it myself.

No... International Schools means schools that are not administered by the Thai Education authority.

Standards obviously vary, as does the price. 

This sort of behavior is dealt with extremely swiftly at the 'upper tier' international schools where reputation matters.

• Like 2

A bit harsh to expel students for this I think.

Surely should be dealt with so they know not to do it again, but expelling  15 year old boys ruining their education, or involving police, media and lawyers is a bit much. They are just learning.

If a teacher did it then castrate him, but 15 year old boys pulling at girls bra straps need to be given a second chance. Part of growing up.

If I was the father I would give the boys a good clip around the ear and a stern warning after school one day.

But not involve all the others.

• Confused 8
  • Sad 5