Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

12 minutes ago, simple1 said:

You don't believe trump will be given a waiver to the usual protocols?

There are too may eyes watching from around the world. He MUST be treated fairly or the judicial system is a joke.

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Nah, can't agree. I switch over occasionally just to see how far they've gone down the rabbit hole, I can't do more than 30 seconds then it's either turn them off or vomit.

You’re obviously upset that Fox crushes the competition.

But please, continue to watch the View.  It fits your profile better.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-viewership-crushes-cnn-msnbc-april-five-finishes-most-watched-show-cable-news

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

1 minute ago, frank83628 said:

so 5+ years of non stop 'Russia Russia Russia' didn't happen then?

Still real as far as they are concerned

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Spoken by the man with the blatantly rascist avatar viciously denigrating Native Americans.

Its called projection.

First 'quoque' now 'rascist'. You seem to have a problem with the English language. 

Edited by Presto
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Yagoda said:

Spoken by the man with the blatantly rascist avatar viciously denigrating Native Americans.

Its called projection.

First 'quoque' now 'rascist'. You seem to have a problem with the English language. 

Edited by Presto

No prison for Trump, the absolute ideal punishment for him would a minimum of two years house arrest, ankle bracelet, highly restrictive travel and weekly probation submissions!

20 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Minds are a bit more open on the Republican side. Look how the Dems treat their own. ...

But thats a digression, I would be more interested in your thoughts on this analysis by Professor Presser

I grew up in Republican NJ and the Frelinghuysen Republican dynasty. Or Moderate Republicans as they were then known.

As for the Presser article, nothing that hasn't been said before even by otherwise left-leaning legal minds.

I posted this a few weeks back (April 11):

Or as Judge Merchan put it in a ruling:

"The People's primary contention with Defendant's argument is that the statute does not require that the "other crime" actually be committed. Rather, all that is required is that defendant have the intent. That is, he acted with a conscious aim and objective to commit another crime."

KInda like the Shadow radio intro as spoken by Orson Wells:

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Don't be confused. It's simple. The Prosecution's closing argument might be to the jury:

We are asking you to find Donald Trump guilty of something he didn't do.

3 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

Just so you get correct information, all requirements of the sentence itself can be stayed pending appeal pursuant to NYSPL Sec 460, except firearms which are governed by Federal Law. Presentence procedures are between the Secret Service and Court. Its fair to say that the stay pending appeal will occur immediately after sentence.

If you want,  Ill let you know when the TDS crowd gives you misinformation.

Just like all your other posts, utter nonsense. There is not one word of a sentence being stayed. Nice try.

https://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article460.php

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

"The People's primary contention with Defendant's argument is that the statute does not require that the "other crime" actually be committed. Rather, all that is required is that defendant have the intent. That is, he acted with a conscious aim and objective to commit another crime."

Entirely consist with the definition of criminal conspiracy.

3 hours ago, Walker88 said:

Here's a couple of very simple questions that even those who favor the convicted felon should be able to answer:

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---whether one candidate tried to subvert the will of the people and stop the certification of a free and fair election?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why one candidate took highly classified documents to his country club, without authorization, that could jeopardize US national security and the identities of foreign clandestine intelligence assets and operations? I ask "why" because clearly he did take the documents. That is not in any dispute, not even by him. Also, why did he subsequently LIE about returning all of the documents? Do the American people have a right to know what he intended to do with these thousands of highly classified documents that have absolutely nothing to do with running a country club?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why he pressured the Georgia SecState to "just find me...11,780 votes" and---per the indictment---violate RICO statutes?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why he called supporters to DC for 6 January 2021, Tweeting "It'll be WILD!", and then why did he tell them to "march to the Capitol" and "fight like hell", when all that was happening at the Capitol that day was the pro forma certification of the election 50 States and territories had already certified as his loss?

Do the American people have a right to know---BEFORE they vote---why he sat idle in the Oval Office for 187 minutes, while the violence that destroyed Capitol property and injured 140 police officers was happening live on TV around the world as he himself watched, but he refused to call out the DC National Guard, despite the President having sole authority to do so (the Speaker lacks that authority)?

He claims "I'm the most innocent man in the world...totally innocent" and "Nobody is more innocent than me". Since he has been indicted for acts that suggest otherwise, should he not only WANT, but be required---as any other American citizen would be required---to prove his innocence through the legal system, and BEFORE the people vote?

Or do his supporters believe the Founding Fathers of the United States of America were wrong and that some people are above the law and totally immune? Do his supporters believe the United States should have its own lese majeste laws where not only is its leader infallible, but no criticism, much less a criminal indictment, should be allowed?

Pretty easy questions. I await answers from his supporters.

*peacefully

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Thanks again. I lived in NYCity in mid1970's and was very aware of Mr. Trump (much as Robert DeNiro described) but upon waking up election morning NOV 2016 and realizing THAT guy was now President, I said that I will never under-estimate this guy again, And part of that was realizing  that the slam-dunk type talk with all these criminal cases was doing just that.

I did time on Wall Street, and he was considered a punchline to jokes. I also had many friends at Deutsche Bank who shared 'out of school' intel on him, his financial position, and his sources of funding. I wasn't cynical enough about my fellow citizens. I didn't think a career conman could fool them so easily. I have read enough history to know how conmen and autocrats operate, and how people one would think had zero charisma can draw in the forlorn and weak simply by telling them what they want/need to hear, and telling them everything bad is someone else' fault. I just assumed the people in the US were more clever. I was dead wrong.

Re DB, think SIVs: (Special Investment Vehicles), carried OBS, where certain HNW individuals give DB funds to loan to clients of their choosing. Both sides know who the other is, including their nationality. It came as zero surprise to me that his AG, when the Mueller probe began, prohibited Mueller's team from looking into anything financial. I knew that of which the AG/Administration was afraid.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, G_Money said:

You’re obviously upset that Fox crushes the competition.

But please, continue to watch the View.  It fits your profile better.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fox-news-viewership-crushes-cnn-msnbc-april-five-finishes-most-watched-show-cable-news

You made a mistake there.

You left out the word "consistently".

Fox consistently crushes the competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How stupidity is an existential threat to America | Opinion

t may sound like an insensitive statement, but the cold hard truth is that there are a lot of stupid people in the world, and their stupidity presents a constant danger to others. Some of these people are in positions of power, and some of them have been elected to run our country. A far greater number of them do not have positions of power, but they still have the power to vote, and the power to spread their ideas. We may have heard of “collective intelligence,” but there is also “collective stupidity,”

How stupidity is an existential threat to America | Opinion (msn.com)

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, frank83628 said:

*peacefully

I think I know where you're going with that. Of course, there was absolutely nothing to protest; he lost. Bigly. The day was merely the formal certification of his loss. Fortunately his VP had the courage and decency to abide by his oath of office, even if more than a hundred Repubs did not.

Here's some fun: go listen to his Mall speech. For every time he says "peacefully", take a sip of water (one time). For every time he says "fight" or something equally aggressive, take a shot of Tequila.

Unless you have a liver the size of a blue whale, best to have medical supervision.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

You made a mistake there.

You left out the word "consistently".

Fox consistently crushes the competition.

Go read---if it's still available online---Roger Ailes Business Plan for Fox. It is more cynical than I could be on my best day.

It's no wonder they 'crush the competition'. They were specifically created to go after the low brow demographic. That is how Ailes sold the idea to Murdoch. Society's lesser lights were unable to understand news geared toward a more bright and educated demographic, so one orchestrated for simplicity would likely gather the entire low brow demographic. Individually they don't represent an attractive demo for advertisers, but collectively they do.

I have heard, perhaps it's apocryphal, that one original tagline consideration was, "New For the Rest of Us". That is deliciously cynical.

Ailes was 100% correct.

Edited by Walker88
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Is the US a monarchy, or are ALL equal under the law?

I now know Repubs think we're a monarchy operating under the Magna Carta...at least when one of their own is involved in criminal activity.

Sure. But it seems to me decision makers in the USA are running scared due to trump's extraordinary influence in MAGA world. e.g. MAGA people seeking to identify and threaten the jury in the hush money case. I have yet to hear trump ordering them to desist with threatening behaviour. I am wondering, due to possible civic disorder, whether trump will evade the more onerous penalties.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Back in the day, it was a requirement at many medical schools.  Aspirations of being a vet. in my youth.

wow ...i did a lot of latin in high school but it was all reading and writing no speaking that i can recall

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

I grew up in Republican NJ and the Frelinghuysen Republican dynasty. Or Moderate Republicans as they were then known.

As for the Presser article, nothing that hasn't been said before even by otherwise left-leaning legal minds.

I posted this a few weeks back (April 11):

Or as Judge Merchan put it in a ruling:

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?

Don't be confused. It's simple. The Prosecution's closing argument might be to the jury:

We are asking you to find Donald Trump guilty of something he didn't do.

And they dont even have to unanimously agree as to what that crime was LOL.

I wonder if his lawyers will seek expeditied consideration of the appeal. In other words, on the day of sentence file the Notice of Appeal, The Record on Appeal (I bet its being printed as we speak, or at least I hope it is) the Apellants brief on Appeal and a Motion for Expedited Consideration. The purpose of that being to put them on their back foot during the election season to address issues such as Denial of Brady Material to the Grand Jury, Non recusal of the Judge, Violations of the Weinstein rule, improper charge, the crime issue, the unanimity issue...That way the brief on Appeal and the Reply thereto are out there for everyone to read

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Articles have said that as this is a NY State case, the Supreme Court cannot get directly involved -- that it is a NY State Appeals issue. Then there is this from the Jury Instructions:

THE FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN ACT pg. 31:

The first of the People's theories of “unlawful means" which
I will now define for you is the Federal Election Campaign Act.

One legal analyst has said that there's never been a state prosecutor that has relied on the Federal Election Campaign Act before in the prosecution.

So maybe Judge Merchan has just elevated this case to one where the Supreme Court has some Federal interest.

2 minutes ago, pomchop said:

wow ...i did a lot of latin in high school but it was all reading and writing no speaking that i can recall

We did some. Speeches. The Catholic kids coming in from the Catholic Middle School laughed their asses off at the secular scholars.

The Priests were all Italian. I lawys preferred Italian accented Latin to Irish accented Latin.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Articles have said that as this is a NY State case, the Supreme Court cannot get directly involved -- that it is a NY State Appeals issue. Then there is this from the Jury Instructions:

THE FEDERAL ELECTION CAMPAIGN ACT pg. 31:

The first of the People's theories of “unlawful means" which
I will now define for you is the Federal Election Campaign Act.

One legal analyst has said that there's never been a state prosecutor that has relied on the Federal Election Campaign Act before in the prosecution.

So maybe Judge Merchan has just elevated this case to one where the Supreme Court has some Federal interest.

I dont think so as the Fed appellate courts have no jurisdiction until the state runs its course.

Of course, you could have multiple scenarios where a Federal District Court gets involved but all of them involve mere speculation about things that havent happeded yet.

3 minutes ago, G_Money said:

The USA has officially joined the third world banana republics.

We owe it all to the Democrats for our new milestone.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/trump-verdict-puts-us-infamous-countries-prosecuted-opposition-leaders-who-else-list

You are 'avin a laff.............🤣

That is just your wishful thinking............😂

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

I think I know where you're going with that. Of course, there was absolutely nothing to protest; he lost. Bigly. The day was merely the formal certification of his loss. Fortunately his VP had the courage and decency to abide by his oath of office, even if more than a hundred Repubs did not.

Here's some fun: go listen to his Mall speech. For every time he says "peacefully", take a sip of water (one time). For every time he says "fight" or something equally aggressive, take a shot of Tequila.

Unless you have a liver the size of a blue whale, best to have medical supervision.

how many politicians use the word 'fight' when speaking to their supporters?..... remember how many misinterpreted 'bloodbath' 

p.s talking of bloodbath, i see Biden has implemented a 100% tariff on Chinese EVs, exactly what Trumps said he'd do, funny that he didn't do it before, how many other Trump policies did Biden keep?

Edited by frank83628
  • Thumbs Up 1