Will we see Nuclear Armagedon before 2025?

Will we see Nuclear Armagedon before 2025  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

17 minutes ago, jas007 said:

Anyone remember reading about the UFOs that somehow switched off the nukes? It was a temporary thing, but I wouldn’t doubt it.  Maybe the aliens will save humanity from the Neocons. 

Here is that story, I did see a dis-prove video on it also

8 mins long

But I do believe if we are being watched that they would want to try and stop us destroying a "Goldilocks" planet, packed with natural resources

On 5/31/2024 at 9:40 PM, connda said:

Russian President Putin has made Russia's red-line clear to Western leaders.  Defensive nukes are on the table.

In one of the stupidest moves of the Ukraine war, Ukraine launched drones and hit two of Russia's Over-The-Horizon Early Warning radars which are the tripwires which watch for Western first-strike ballistic missile launches.  I've checked the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists regarding the Doomsday Clock but nothing is recent and it does not take in account the latest developments of the attack on Russian nuclear deterrence infrastructure.

The Doomsday Clock is still officially at 90 seconds to midnight.  Personally I believe with the strikes on Russian nuclear Early Warning radars that clock has move to about 15 seconds from midnight.

Do you believe we will see a nuclear Armageddon before 2025, or do you think we'll all still be around this time next year.  Why?

Personally - I'd say there is about an 90% chance that we collectively won't see the New Year.  But I hope I'm wrong.  Thoughts? 

Please keep it civil.  Thanks.

clocks-metaphorical-tmes-world-events-1697712634.thumb.jpg.826b9ad696c5cdf50c108a662898a98d.jpg

I think I have lost the plot dude...

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 9:40 PM, connda said:

Russian President Putin has made Russia's red-line clear to Western leaders.  Defensive nukes are on the table.

In one of the stupidest moves of the Ukraine war, Ukraine launched drones and hit two of Russia's Over-The-Horizon Early Warning radars which are the tripwires which watch for Western first-strike ballistic missile launches.  I've checked the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists regarding the Doomsday Clock but nothing is recent and it does not take in account the latest developments of the attack on Russian nuclear deterrence infrastructure.

The Doomsday Clock is still officially at 90 seconds to midnight.  Personally I believe with the strikes on Russian nuclear Early Warning radars that clock has move to about 15 seconds from midnight.

Do you believe we will see a nuclear Armageddon before 2025, or do you think we'll all still be around this time next year.  Why?

Personally - I'd say there is about an 90% chance that we collectively won't see the New Year.  But I hope I'm wrong.  Thoughts? 

Please keep it civil.  Thanks.

clocks-metaphorical-tmes-world-events-1697712634.thumb.jpg.826b9ad696c5cdf50c108a662898a98d.jpg

I think u have lost the plot dude...

Edited by mikebike

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

With that much concern ... any preparation for your inevitable NA.

Starting to store; food, rice, canned meats, water, installing solar.  Above or below ground bunker ?

Tick Tock ... the end is near :coffee1:

The criminals will thank all those that stored up food etc, so they could take it for themselves. How will they know  who has stored food? Just as WW2 concentration guards masquerading as prisoners were easily found- they will be the ones not starving.

• Confused 1

On 6/2/2024 at 12:40 AM, Ben Zioner said:

It isn't. It is the largest country in the World, with the GDP of Italy. Russia is spending disproportionate amount in military ventures that make you believe it is a superpower.

They can still kill you from thousands of miles away though.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, KhunLA said:

If I really thought the end was near, I'd make some arrangements to last at least 6 months without the need to leave the house.  Maybe a whole rainy season to have radiation 'dust' at least out of the air.

If any chance of surviving long term.  I'm only 69 yrs old, wife & kid much younger :coffee1:

Errrr, doesn't radiation travel right through building materials?

If you want to survive best well underground with filtered air supply.

If it happens and I'm still alive I'm not planning on being around much longer to suffer.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, daveAustin said:

No, because Putin values his life and country too much. It's all hot air. Anyone thinking he and China are the good guys and it's all on the evil West need their head read. Look at how they treat their populace for crying out loud! Duh.

Interesting comment. Can you kindly elaborate on how these two governments treat their populace? Ideally it should be based on personal observation and experience as opposed to western msm articles. Some of those can’t be believed you know.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, connda said:

That's the thinking of your average citizen clone who gets all their "news" from main-stream media

Wrong again, never pay attention to any of the media. I’d suggest you get your psychic powers repaired. Obviously fear has crept in the mind of the OP by what Mr Putin (the dissemination of the media’s fear mongering of Mr Nuclear Putin I mind you) has said and whatever propaganda nonsense that has been allowed to infiltrate the mind. If anyone here has been shaped by the media, it’s the OP which is clearly illustrated on this thread. Really now, snap out of it, get out more and live.

studying history (especially the history of the British Empire and which was taken over by the United State post WWII) as well as Geo-politics.  Start with The Grand Chessboard by Zbigniew Brzezinski.  Subscribe to Foreign Affairs and read how the Neo-cons think and plan.  Read The Great Game by Peter Hopkirk.  Read the history of the British Empire and the kind of thought during 18th and 19th centuries that drove their empirical conquests. Read Sir Halford Mackinder's The Geographical Pivot of History and understand The Heartland Theory and its effect on the thinking and action of Henry Kissinger, Zbigniew Brzezinski, and the current crop of neo-cons driving US foreign policy which is taking us to the brink of nuclear annihilation. 

I’m well versed on history and never from a political bent.

I'm discussing this with rather ignorant people who get their view of the world from cable new networks and then believe they understand the realities of interplay of global geopolitics with the US playing Team America - World Police.  Nope.  People like you don't "get it" so ignorance is bliss. 

"You’re wrong so don’t worry- stop thinking too much..."

Let's revisit that in a year.

Wow - you have amazing psychic powers- you believe you can predict a global nuclear exchange that will take place before 2025- no wait now you say before 2026 and at the end of next year you’ll revise it to 2027/2028. If someone walked up to me on the street and started to spew this trash I’d tell them that they are loony pat them on the back, advise them they outta get that checked out by a professional, and walk off and resume as normal. 

As far as I can see, there is no world leader in power now that wants to see billions suffer. Sure someone might toss a tactical nuke across a border, smuggle material across a border and build a crude device. But no one is going to start slinging intercontinental nuclear warheads to the US, Russia and China. And to come here and propagate a delusional mental tangent is utterly ridiculous.

If such of an event occurs- do you really believe that you’re going to be able to save yourself by prepping? Do you have any idea what will take place when resources deplete? Your neighbors will come and take it all, then the neighboring villagers, then the city dwellers will come Burmese will flood across the border for resources, complete anarchy and mayhem . Hide in a bunker? They will dig it out with a D9, this will happen to everyone no matter what type of bunker, military or not, humans are very creative and capable, and world leaders and generals are well aware that they are not immune to human desperation. So why not just go to Antarctica and build an igloo and eat penguins, no one will bother you there.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 0james0 said:

Wrong again, never pay attention to any of the media. I’d suggest you get your psychic powers repaired. Obviously fear has crept in the mind of the OP by what Mr Putin (the dissemination of the media’s fear mongering of Mr Nuclear Putin I mind you) has said and whatever propaganda nonsense that has been allowed to infiltrate the mind. If anyone here has been shaped by the media, it’s the OP which is clearly illustrated on this thread. Really now, snap out of it, get out more and live.

I’m well versed on history and never from a political bent.

Wow - you have amazing psychic powers- you believe you can predict a global nuclear exchange that will take place before 2025- no wait now you say before 2026 and at the end of next year you’ll revise it to 2027/2028. If someone walked up to me on the street and started to spew this trash I’d tell them that they are loony pat them on the back, advise them they outta get that checked out by a professional, and walk off and resume as normal. 

As far as I can see, there is no world leader in power now that wants to see billions suffer. Sure someone might toss a tactical nuke across a border, smuggle material across a border and build a crude device. But no one is going to start slinging intercontinental nuclear warheads to the US, Russia and China. And to come here and propagate a delusional mental tangent is utterly ridiculous.

If such of an event occurs- do you really believe that you’re going to be able to save yourself by prepping? Do you have any idea what will take place when resources deplete? Your neighbors will come and take it all, then the neighboring villagers, then the city dwellers will come Burmese will flood across the border for resources, complete anarchy and mayhem . Hide in a bunker? They will dig it out with a D9, this will happen to everyone no matter what type of bunker, military or not, humans are very creative and capable, and world leaders and generals are well aware that they are not immune to human desperation. So why not just go to Antarctica and build an igloo and eat penguins, no one will bother you there.

While it is unlikely a deliberate nuclear war will happen, mistakes happen. Mistakes like escalating a war with a nuclear power.

Never underestimate the desire of the military leadership to start a war, or of their hope to use all the toys in their toybox.

Speaking from experience, I have no faith in military leadership doing the right thing.

Let's remember why the Chinese became involved in the Korean war.

4 hours ago, 0james0 said:

So why not just go to Antarctica and build an igloo and eat penguins, no one will bother you there.

They don't live in igloos in Antarctica and raw penguin would not be very nice. Want cooked penguin or seal, take a few thousand litres of fuel for a cooker along with everything needed to last the winter, like a building, medical supplies, etc. There is no source of fuel down there and it all has to be shipped or flown down. Oh, take some books too, and a lantern as it gets dark for months.

41 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

While it is unlikely a deliberate nuclear war will happen, mistakes happen. Mistakes like escalating a war with a nuclear power.

That had been outlined earlier in the thread already 

35 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They don't live in igloos in Antarctica and raw penguin would not be very nice.

Yeah right, that’s why BUILD an igloo was suggested. There are no igloo subdivisions in Antarctica like what you might find in the Arctic. Penguin sashimi, get used to it in the Antarctic because radiation poisoning will have the least abundance in that region if all hell breaks loose.

Celestial leader Xi has a BIG, perhaps decisive, voice in any 'potential' escalation to the brink of nuclear war. If it wasn't for their backing, Putin would not have invaded the Ukraine. It was touching how he waited until after the Winter Olympics in China to invade, BTW. Plus that meeting between Putin & Xi, literally days before Russia's legions marched. They jointly proclaimed a new era had dawned & a no limits partnership. Xi told Putin they have a chance to drive changes in a way the world has not seen for a century. No mystery as to what they were talking about!

No matter if they are currently beset by economic problems of their own making today, Leader XI definitely has a long game view. Nuclear was is not part of his long game. Threatening it, however, is fine, if it helps the cause.

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Lord - where do these snide, snarky dudes with a handful of posts come from when they decide to crawl out from under a rock just to throw shade at other members.

Well, another one makes my Oignorelist🐂💩  Congrats! Bye bye! 👋

Screenshotfrom2024-06-0415-54-06.png.e3981fa0ab6a5f35afdec0374cdb4ff5.png

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2024 at 5:10 AM, Danderman123 said:

Nuclear war next year, for sure. Sell your house and everything now, they won't be any use to you next year.

I take it that was satire.

If a real nuclear war kicks off all electronic medium will be toast ( EMP ), so good luck paying for anything with a smart phone.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1