George Galloway Defends Controversial Comments on Gay People

17 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Maybe you missed Dianne's comments. Likening the treatment Jews get to that of Gingers. 

More nonsense from you. The point of her comment (subsequently apologized for) was that Jews were singled out in a way that was innocuous. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

There are almost 2 billion Muslims in the world. Are you really not keen on every one of them? That's a bit of a juvenile stance to take, if you don't mind me saying so.

You are right of course and i am no expert but there seems to be such a difference between muslims in our neck of the woods.Southern Thailand,Malaysia and Indonesia compared to the Pakistan, Afghanistan,Bangladesh,Iran and all the Arab Countries Muslims.

Only a blind man could not see the agenda of the last lot once they have finally conquered Europe.

2 hours ago, placeholder said:

More nonsense from you. The point of her comment (subsequently apologized for) was that Jews were singled out in a way that was innocuous. 

Congratulations,you are the first Dianne apologist i have ever heard of.

I take it you will also be a big fan of David Lammy,our next foreign secretary.Surely the stupidest ever politician.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

I take it you will also be a big fan of David Lammy,our next foreign secretary.Surely the stupidest ever politician.

Is Liz Truss standing down?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

IMO the majority agree with George - but not how the sensationalist rabid UK media have portrayed his comments.  The majority agree that being gay is legal and should not be illegal.  The majority accept that someone can be gay and can that they are a person is OK. But the majority do not believe that being gay is 'normal'.  The majority do not want gays persecuted or hated - but they do not want being gay to be normalised and taught to children as a normal thing for people to be.    

2 hours ago, Kinok Farang said:

Not defending Abbott at all. Just pointing out that JonnyF's claim about gingers being singled out by politicians was ridiculous..

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

IMO the majority agree with George - but not how the sensationalist rabid UK media have portrayed his comments.  The majority agree that being gay is legal and should not be illegal.  The majority accept that someone can be gay and can that they are a person is OK. But the majority do not believe that being gay is 'normal'.  The majority do not want gays persecuted or hated - but they do not want being gay to be normalised and taught to children as a normal thing for people to be.    

Do you have any links to back up your assertion of what the UK population believes and wants?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Do you have any links to back up your assertion of what the UK population believes and wants?

I cannot provide any link to prove I loved my Mother, or that I love my Wife.

Only lefty over educated people believe that 'proof' in the form of some Poll/Survey is all that matters.

Sad to think that some people believe that a survey is true - did the Polls not say Hillary was going to win?

And so many other things.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I cannot provide any link to prove I loved my Mother, or that I love my Wife.

Only lefty over educated people believe that 'proof' in the form of some Poll/Survey is all that matters.

Sad to think that some people believe that a survey is true - did the Polls not say Hillary was going to win?

And so many other things.

Thanks for confirming that, contrary to what you wrote earlier, you actually have no idea what the majority thinks.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Thanks for confirming that, contrary to what you wrote earlier, you actually have no idea what the majority thinks.

Prove me wrong - please provide links - from credible sources only. 

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

The majority in the west support marriage equality which you do not.

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Not defending Abbott at all. Just pointing out that JonnyF's claim about gingers being singled out by politicians was ridiculous..

She singled them out in order to make a point about Jews also being singled out. 

Good to see you making a point of mentioning her apology though, as if that makes her abhorrent opinions OK. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Do you have a link for that?

I mean, the West as a whole, not Islington. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Read my posts - I support gay marriage - played golf with a gay guy who has a male Partner.  But I do not support the downstream issues.  One of which I specifically mentioned - Lia Thomas changing in front of the girls in the change rooms, despite their protests, and then he won the swimming championships/events that he entered - ruining the chances of girls who trained for years, but had no chance against a much bigger and stronger male body.

You have lost big time and the more you dig the deeper the hole you are in. 

4 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am not the one making fanciful claims. You wrote the following:

But you are unable to point to anything that backs up your claim to know what 'the majority' thinks or wants.

It is not for me to prove that you are wrong - it is you who made these claims. It is for you to back them up with evidence.

You are demanding I prove them right - and think that makes you right??

I gave an opinion and you stated 'prove it'. 

Well I say - you prove it wrong. 

Obviously you did not and can not.

My opinion - you disagree.

If it is my opinion that you hate your Mother and your Wife - can you give an approved link to prove otherwise?

2 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

Galloway is pandering to his muslim fans with homophobia and hatred of Jews. He's just full of 💩

Possibly.

It could well be a successful strategy given Muslim intolerance and anti-semitism.

Queers for Palestine might need some convincing though. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

ahhhh such quality clickbait flaming articles from within........always dependable for non triggering articles that never end in civil debate or human rights but gaslighting content...bravo...your parents must be so proud of your diligent work here....smh

23 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

You are demanding I prove them right - and think that makes you right??

I gave an opinion and you stated 'prove it'. 

Well I say - you prove it wrong. 

Obviously you did not and can not.

My opinion - you disagree.

If it is my opinion that you hate your Mother and your Wife - can you give an approved link to prove otherwise?

You wrote 'The majority thinks this' and the 'The majority thinks that'. Here is some news for you - you are not the majority; you are one man. You are speaking for nobody but yourself. You are certainly not elected by the majority to speak on their behalf. 

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Read my posts - I support gay marriage - played golf with a gay guy who has a male Partner.  But I do not support the downstream issues.  One of which I specifically mentioned - Lia Thomas changing in front of the girls in the change rooms, despite their protests, and then he won the swimming championships/events that he entered - ruining the chances of girls who trained for years, but had no chance against a much bigger and stronger male body.

You have lost big time and the more you dig the deeper the hole you are in. 

I have.

You don't.

51 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

"No, I made it up" would have sufficed. 

I call B.S 

https://www.advocate.com/news/marriage-equality-attitudes-worldwide

Support for marriage equality varies greatly around the world, with Western European countries most heavily in favor, according to a new Pew Research Center analysis.

Pew has conducted surveys in 32 countries in the past two years. Support was highest in Sweden, where 92 percent of respondents favored equal marriage rights for same-sex couples. Other countries Western Europe were not far behind, with 89 percent support in the Netherlands, 87 percent in Spain, 82 percent in France, and 80 percent in Germany. Each of those countries has legalized same-sex marriage.

In Italy, where legalization is being debated but hasn’t yet happened, 73 percent of respondents endorsed marriage equality. In the United Kingdom, support stood at 74 percent, and all parts of the U.K. have enacted marriage equality.

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Read my posts - I support gay marriage - played golf with a gay guy who has a male Partner. 

Oh yeah?  Let's see HOW you "support" gay marriage, or rather the folks who ask for it.

from thread

https://aseannow.com/topic/1324413-fears-of-discrimination-in-thailand-despite-looming-same-sex-marriage-bill/

On 4/8/2024 at 9:36 AM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

They can all shove that BS up their ****   They (I use they/them to cover all variations) claimed a desire for equality under marriagelaws and that is justified, with resultant property rights after death, taxation deductions and rights, and other 'equality' issues under the Laws.  But I hope the Thailand Govt does not fsll into the same traps as the Western Govts did and cave into their constant demands for 'more and more equality' which has resulted in a man claiming to be a woman because he is wearing a woman's clothes, and children being medical changed for life. Certainly in the West, much more than in Thailand, there needed to be a balance taken against the old school belief that 'they' were to be treated like lepers - but that is not needed in Thailand where they are generally treated equally in Thai society.  Give them and they equality under Laws in a 'personal union' (marriage) - but nothing more and nothing less.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, JonnyF said:

She singled them out in order to make a point about Jews also being singled out. 

Good to see you making a point of mentioning her apology though, as if that makes her abhorrent opinions OK. 

The point of her comment was to minimize the significance of Jews being singled out. The reason she mentioned gingers was to make the singling out of Jews seem utterly inconsequential. She was not targeting gingers.

Just now, placeholder said:

The point of her comment was to minimize the significance of Jews being singled out. The reason she mentioned gingers was to make the singling out of Jews seem utterly inconsequential. She was not targeting gingers.

She singled them out, in order to make a point. 

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

She singled them out, in order to make a point. 

But they were not a target. Her apology proves that she acknowledged it was wrong to minimize that singling Jews out was the same as mentioning gingers. Whether her apology was sincere is obviously open to serious doubt. But whether her motivation was honorable or not, it acknowledges that claiming that singling out Jews as insignificant as singling out gingers is ridiculous. Nobody with any sense would claim the Abbott's comments were exploiting some kind of animus against gingers.

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

But they were not a target. Her apology proves that she acknowledged it was wrong to minimize that singling Jews out was the same as mentioning gingers. Whether her apology was sincere is obviously open to serious doubt. But whether her motivation was honorable or not, it acknowledges that claiming that singling out Jews as insignificant as singling out gingers is ridiculous. Nobody with any sense would claim the Abbott's comments were exploiting some kind of animus against gingers.

I never said they were a target.

I said she singled them out (in response to your post below in red).

image.png.bac2b324b000866ed672fafd23a6f022.png

I stand by my comments. Being ginger is not normal (as you conceded above), and by the same criteria neither is being homosexual. There is nothing wrong with being either, but neither are "the norm".

Galloway was well within his rights to state something that is factually correct. The attempts to silence him are misguided. We must stand against those who try to control what we can and cannot say. 

• Like 2