Vegans

On 6/3/2024 at 1:48 AM, AnotherOneHere said:

What I hate more than Vegans are people that start threads titled with a single word. How low your IQ has to be to not to be able to summarize you though with more than one word? 🤔

Why do you think you have the right to tell a person that they have a low IQ? And why would you hate a person for that? We all have different levels of intelligence as well as we all express ourselves in different way. To do that, also has nothing to do with the level of IQ. It might just be that, we sometimes are to lazy or just not motivated enough to be very wordy. I this case, it´s you that are posting something very wrong and nasty.

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Why do you think you have the right to tell a person that they have a low IQ? And why would you hate a person for that? We all have different levels of intelligence as well as we all express ourselves in different way. To do that, also has nothing to do with the level of IQ. It might just be that, we sometimes are to lazy or just not motivated enough to be very wordy. I this case, it´s you that are posting something very wrong and nasty.

Forget it he is just a pain in the backside. he is trolling me for years. Tell him to check how many posters starting threads with a single word he's got the IQ of my fridge 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Forget it he is just a pain in the backside. he is trolling me for years. Tell him to check how many posters starting threads with a single word he's got the IQ of my fridge 

Apparently, you at least have a pretty smart fridge. 😉 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think anyone seriously listens to vegans.  Generally veganism is very unhealthy and vegans often look very sickly.  You simply can't get the right sort of proteins without meat. 

Vegan food is a "once in a while because you've been eating a load of fast food lately and feel guilty so you want to eat just some healthy veg for a couple of days" kind of thing.

On 6/3/2024 at 2:10 PM, Thingamabob said:

Slaughtering and eating animals is disgusting.

Hmm, you mean we should eat them without slaughtering them first?  That does sound pretty disgusting!

• Haha 1

On 6/3/2024 at 4:48 AM, AnotherOneHere said:

What I hate more than Vegans are people that start threads titled with a single word. How low your IQ has to be to not to be able to summarize you though with more than one word? 🤔

His daily food budget is $6.50. What is eating on $2.17 per meal? Can't be quality meat. Probably eats tinned soup.

I eat vegan about twice a week. A lot of food I like just turns out to be very vegan: Middle Eastern, Burmese, SomTam. I'm good for about 2 servings of red meat a week, usually a burger or a something and rice dish. More than that feels gross.

People who complain about vegans usually have the palate of a child. It's very rare that I am in a 4* or above restaurant and the heavy meat option even makes into my top 3 choices.

About the only expensive meat thing I ever eat is a $20+ fake waygu beef burger. Had a good one at Gaucho Steakhouse in BKK last week. Followed up with vegan eggplant lasagna at Vegetaranie.

The Soyboy Denouncer above cites Chiang Mai as a vegan paradise. True enough, due to my wife, I have been to every single vegan place. We had Japanese fermentation food last week, very light and biome-ish.

Vegan food is a relatively new, cheffy kind of cuisine and we like eating new food. Meat and two veg is like a boredom death sentence. Basically, Californian Asian-fusion is the food I could eat for the rest of my life.

11 hours ago, still kicking said:

Thats why vegans are only 1to2 %of the world 98 % of the world's population is wrong?

You never been to India or China then ?

On 6/18/2024 at 3:35 AM, Prubangboy said:

I eat vegan about twice a week. A lot of food I like just turns out to be very vegan: Middle Eastern, Burmese, SomTam. I'm good for about 2 servings of red meat a week, usually a burger or a something and rice dish. More than that feels gross.

People who complain about vegans usually have the palate of a child. It's very rare that I am in a 4* or above restaurant and the heavy meat option even makes into my top 3 choices.

About the only expensive meat thing I ever eat is a $20+ fake waygu beef burger. Had a good one at Gaucho Steakhouse in BKK last week. Followed up with vegan eggplant lasagna at Vegetaranie.

The Soyboy Denouncer above cites Chiang Mai as a vegan paradise. True enough, due to my wife, I have been to every single vegan place. We had Japanese fermentation food last week, very light and biome-ish.

Vegan food is a relatively new, cheffy kind of cuisine and we like eating new food. Meat and two veg is like a boredom death sentence. Basically, Californian Asian-fusion is the food I could eat for the rest of my life.

No I cannot accept this. You just had some meals without animal products. Eating 'vegan' is part of an ideology. A BS ideology, but an ideology. They will sit in London in January having their 'plant based food' transported thousands of miles from South America or Africa causing lots of harm to animals and the environment along the way not to mention the insects/rodents/birds killed by pesticides and deforestation to grow their produce. 

If you're a vegan, a real one, be in a rural environment at least attempting to do genuine organic plant based foods for your diet. You will fail but at least you're not a hypocrite.

Also I have no idea what 'Californian-Asian' Fusion is being from Europe. The language you type in is from Europe, which also has a mega tonne of Three Star Michelin Star restaurants (I think France has more alone than the entirety of the Americas). But anyway continue. I am sure myself and the recent influx of North Americans will have lots of arguments ahead of which I wish you the best of luck. 

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, kevozman1 said:

Actually I just checked it out. France alone has more then twice the amount of 3 Michelin star restaurants than the entirety of the Americas. Damn. 

Seriously, and that surprises you? Did you ever wonder where the word and stars come from? The French kitchen? And yes, Michelin tires are from the same family. So American lol.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, kevozman1 said:

Actually I just checked it out. France alone has more then twice the amount of 3 Michelin star restaurants than the entirety of the Americas. Damn. 

Really? Petty mood today? France has good eats - feel better...  Europe rules!!!!

On 6/17/2024 at 10:31 PM, still kicking said:

May be an image of steak and text

It is quite disgusting and cruel but I easily get over my reservations each and every meal.  Wish there were better alternatives and having worked on cattle and pig farms I know how horrific the treatment of the animals can be.  Not routine abuse but it is hard to avoid cruelty when chasing dollars. 

Just had my pea protein shake which was extremely healthy and terrible to the last gulp.  Tasty burger only a few hours away.

14 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Just had my pea protein shake which was extremely healthy and terrible to the last gulp.  Tasty burger only a few hours away.

Pea protein also contains all of the essential amino acids. However, it only has very small amounts of methionine, one of the essential nine.

Thus, some pea protein powders may not meet the definition of a complete protein.

(so may need to mix it with another plant protein)

Edited by save the frogs

On 6/17/2024 at 10:23 PM, BangkokReady said:

I don't think anyone seriously listens to vegans.  Generally veganism is very unhealthy and vegans often look very sickly.  You simply can't get the right sort of proteins without meat. 

Not only protein, but also many essential minerals. From a random Google:

"one survey suggests around 28% of vegans and 13% of vegetarians show one or more nutrient deficiencies. This is because many plant-based diets don't contain high levels of certain nutrients, such as vitamin B12, omega-3 fatty acids, iodine, calcium, selenium, iron and zinc"

A deficiency can also occur if you only eat meat.  Humans are omnivores - check their teeth, incisors for cutting meats, molars for grinding leaves.  We are not designed to only eat veggie/salads and nor are we designed to only eat meats.  You need a well-balanced diet to ensure that you get the essential minerals for a healthy body etc.  The alternative is to rely on supplements.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Pea protein also contains all of the essential amino acids. However, it only has very small amounts of methionine, one of the essential nine.

Thus, some pea protein powders may not meet the definition of a complete protein.

You are correct but it so close to being complete it really doesn't matter IMO.  The protein might be slightly less efficiently processed compared to a slab of meat ( E.g., 30g Pea equals 27g meat).  For my lifestyle, I need  a high carbs and high protein diet and the pea protein is he easiest manner to get in a quality protein quickly and it is extremely inexpensive.  One meat heavy meal at lunch and terrible tasting pea protein at the bookends of  each day works for me.

Edited by atpeace

12 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Not only protein, but also many essential minerals. From a random Google:

"one survey suggests around 28% of vegans and 13% of vegetarians show one or more nutrient deficiencies. This is because many plant-based diets don't contain high levels of certain nutrients, such as vitamin B12, omega-3 fatty acids, iodine, calcium, selenium, iron and zinc"

A deficiency can also occur if you only eat meat.  Humans are omnivores - check their teeth, incisors for cutting meats, molars for grinding leaves.  We are not designed to only eat veggie/salads and nor are we designed to only eat meats.  You need a well-balanced diet to ensure that you get the essential minerals for a healthy body etc.  The alternative is to rely on supplements.

We eat for pleasure and nutrients are a second thought in most cases. Vegans that are healthy sacrifice food pleasure  or are exercise fanatics  that can get the carb rush at every meal.  Lots of young fat and soft vegans that are going to not age well.  Do know some very fit ones though.

I did try vegan diet, and it was actually beneficial for me in terms of how I was feeling. Had more energy, slept better. But doing this in Thailand is quite challenging unless you have time to cook by yourself or have a great vegetarian restaurant nearby (forget Grab, by the time your food arrives from restaurant 20km away only rubbish bin would want to eat it).

Actually, if you try So Vegan, you might change your mind on it. But you should have it at the restaurant, not delivered.

10 hours ago, atpeace said:

You are correct but it so close to being complete it really doesn't matter IMO.  The protein might be slightly less efficiently processed compared to a slab of meat ( E.g., 30g Pea equals 27g meat).  For my lifestyle, I need  a high carbs and high protein diet and the pea protein is he easiest manner to get in a quality protein quickly and it is extremely inexpensive.  One meat heavy meal at lunch and terrible tasting pea protein at the bookends of  each day works for me.

Well, I'm not gonna tell you what to do.

But if you do eat meat, you may want to consider increasing to 2 meat based meals a day and one pea protein meal.

Why? Because meat has a lot more stuff in it than protein and it's always best to eat natural foods than rely too much on protein powders.

And dont forget eggs. 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Well, I'm not gonna tell you what to do.

But if you do eat meat, you may want to consider increasing to 2 meat based meals a day and one pea protein meal.

Why? Because meat has a lot more stuff in it than protein and it's always best to eat natural foods than rely too much on protein powders.

And dont forget eggs. 

Frogs are meat.

My daughter has been a vegan for many years ,and I am very proud

of her ,as she does not want to hurt any living animals ,it's something

I could not do , when you see the way some of these animals are treated

on the farms and in the slaughterhouse ,I think the animals we eat could

be treated a whole lot better ,but everything is about producing cheap

protein,so corners can be cut...

regards worgeordie 

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

My daughter has been a vegan for many years ,and I am very proud

of her ,as she does not want to hurt any living animals ,it's something

I could not do , when you see the way some of these animals are treated

on the farms and in the slaughterhouse ,I think the animals we eat could

be treated a whole lot better ,but everything is about producing cheap

protein,so corners can be cut...

regards worgeordie 

I think that many farm animals are treated very well - it's not all about producing the cheapest meat. That care also extends to the culling process.  It's not all about barbaric, painful and slow deaths.  For me, it's important to rear and care for an animal in the best environment (ie not mass-produced chickens etc) - and then cull it as quickly and as painlessly as possible.