Advertising / Renting out Condimium RE "Work Permit"

Wonder if any forum members might have insight or experience with the nuances of renting out condominiums they own (specifically ones owned directly by me in foreign quota without any "company" shenanigans involved) - vis a vis - do I need a work permit to perform the basic functions of showing a room, doing the inspections, general tenant "management" if I were to do so without using a real estate "agent"?

Just let the agent do it for you.  My wife used them to rent the place and also rent out her place. They are pretty responsible at least here in Bangkok.  

I am not a legal expert, but I doubt you need a work permit to inspect your own condominium or show it to someone who wants to rent it.

If you own many, and if that is your business, that is a different situation.

And then, how often does anybody check the work permit. I work since almost 30 years in Thailand. I never had to show my work permit unexpectedly to anybody. Only for official use when I had to go to immigration, etc. 

• Agree 1

On 6/3/2024 at 1:50 PM, Celsius said:

Just let the agent do it for you.  My wife used them to rent the place and also rent out her place. They are pretty responsible at least here in Bangkok.  

why waste a month's rent for showing a place to a few people...  lot's of momma's boys

need a wife to cook your food, wash your clothes / toilet / wipe your ass ?

27 minutes ago, john donson said:

why waste a month's rent for showing a place to a few people...  lot's of momma's boys

need a wife to cook your food, wash your clothes / toilet / wipe your ass ?

Why waste all the time with all the time wasters in Thailand? People here are cheap. Yes, absolutely the agent takes care of it.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Celsius said:

Why waste all the time with all the time wasters in Thailand? People here are cheap. Yes, absolutely the agent takes care of it.

Look, I'm not going to get into the details - but the two or three showings a place needs to end up with a taker are well worth a month of rent to me. 

Appreciate everyone else's responses. Seems that it's kind of a gray area and real estate (professionals) being largely unregulated here means it's not something to worry about too much. 

Edited by Aviatorhi