Aussie Arrested in Pattaya for Mafia Ties and Multiple Offences

webfact

13 minutes ago, retarius said:

Why don't the RTP just arrest everyone with a tattoo showing and sport them? 

Sport them? Do you mean something like dropping them all in a large cage and letting them fight each other to the death?

• Haha 1

I wish that somewhere there were stories about how people deported from Thailand are getting on back in their own countries. Many of the people I know can live here but would probably be in a box on the street in my uk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

who wears long pants in thailand?

fashion police

I do whenever I go out.  I do wear shorts at home and if I go to the beach, but I haven't been to the beach in eighteen years.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I wish that somewhere there were stories about how people deported from Thailand are getting on back in their own countries. Many of the people I know can live here but would probably be in a box on the street in my uk.

That's probably true for a lot of countries.  The cost of living has gone crazy.  Housing in NZ is stupidly expensive. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, charmonman said:

People who take some pride in their appearance? People who have jobs? What the hell are you on about?

He must be one of those cargo short wearers to be laughed at and avoided!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

What's up with the Chinese, Indians & the Russians?

Time up they pulled up their socks and joined the game. They are far behind, already!

The 'quality tourist' thingy is changing.

• Haha 2

There will plenty more foreign criminals hiding in Thailand 

With Brits it used to be Spain 🇪🇸 

Now Thailand is the   place  if you have 💰 

You can  pay off people  who have influence and power  seems to be the Norm here 

2 hours ago, Bundooman said:

Yet another little 'armchair warrior' who can't resist dragging the Brits into every related incident here on this forum.

Give it a rest old son - most western nations have people like these, Britain is no different.

The story highlighted at least 3 Aussies. 

You decided to whine and nitpick the Brit guy from a previous story.

I don't know where you originate from, but if you are from any country in Europe, or Australia, USA, Africa, S. America, Russia, China, Japan or a multitude of other nations,

you will find scum like this.

Go peddle your nasty little racist vindictiveness elsewhere.

And people like him who have nothing better to do than whine and complain about Brits etc always have very dark secrets themselves 

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Non quality filthy scum.  Pattaya is certainly turning into a dump.  Send them all to jail

Turning, it was when I visited 33 years ago one night and never again.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration Bureau officers have detained an Australian man in Pattaya amid allegations of involvement in his home country's crimes and mafia gang connections in Thailand.

Thailand has become a safe heaven for criminals and fugitives from all over the world.

What a disgusting and nasty place it is now, especially Pattaya and Phuket!

39 minutes ago, shackleton said:

There will plenty more foreign criminals hiding in Thailand 

With Brits it used to be Spain 🇪🇸 

Now Thailand is the   place  if you have 💰 

You can  pay off people  who have influence and power  seems to be the Norm here 

The payer and payee are of the same calibre, IMHO.

So the "norm here" would apply to the other country where the payer learnt his trade, isn't it?

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Non quality filthy scum.  Pattaya is certainly turning into a dump.  Send them all to jail

Yeah, blame Pattaya for finding and arresting him after he fled custody from where he lived in Phuket

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, norsurin said:

Brits involved again and again and so on..m

Brits involved again and again and so on..criminals finding new countries to continue crimes

What makes you think that "Australians" are "Brits"?

The only reference to a Brit is :- 

"His arrest stems from previous events involving a British man who sparked an investigation in November last year after a mishap with a gun at a Phuket nightclub. The British suspect, who accidentally dropped a firearm in front of the venue,................."

The reast of the article (for a change) seems more concerned about Aussies:-

"Immigration Bureau officers have detained an Australian man in Pattaya amid allegations of involvement in his home country's crimes and mafia gang connections in Thailand.

Parallel incidents include another Australian man's arrest in Phuket in March for overstaying his visa and attempting to dodge a hospital bill following a motorcycle accident.

Moreover, another Australian was detained the same month for stealing a motorcycle from a Koh Samui rental shop and travelling with it to Koh Pha Ngan." 

Are you so anti Brit that anybody with white skin participating in criminal activities in your mind is a Brit?

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thailand has this reputation among criminals that one can easily stay/hide there and stil do they dirty deeds if they choose

to and if got caught, there's a good chance to pay your way free and this is why so many of them are taking residency 

in places where they can get lost among the many other .foreigners that just looks like them..

Moreover if things go south, there are friendly neighboring countries happy to provide sanctuary for the right price. 

1 hour ago, ravip said:

What's up with the Chinese, Indians & the Russians?

Time up they pulled up their socks and joined the game. They are far behind, already!

The 'quality tourist' thingy is changing.

For Chinese, unless they are not on the wanted China blacklist which authorities vet before flying, it is not easy for the chinese to leave their country. It used to require a monetary bond of rmb 50000 to obtain a visa to go overseas. At least that is what my friend told me. 

2 hours ago, Lopburikid said:

I thought it was 1 brit and 3 Aussies in the article.

And the Brit was only "a lead" which led to the  Aussie involvement. 

Posted (edited)

This guy really needs to let someone buy clothes and shoes for him, he doesn't have a good taste. Guess he is gonna be deported soon though.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I thought offences committed in Australia didn't count in Thailand? 🤔

Back in the day (whenever that was) it could be quite difficult to travel overseas if you had a criminal record. 

My father use to remind us kids constantly to stay out of trouble as a record can prevent you from travelling. 

Nowadays unless it's stored somewhere electronically I have no idea how Thai immigration would know. 

In the past when you had to apply for a visa, many countries in their questionnaire asked if you had a criminal record. 

Aussie and NZ are quite strict on this.  Many an Southeast Asian lady has been refused entry due to a likelihood of 'working' while on a tourist visa 

I suspect interpol maybe involved or the Australian Federal Police, could be outstanding warrants.