Thaksin commits to attending court for indictment on lese-majeste charge

webfact

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

He goes to court and listens to a judge. Now that is definitely something new. 

Yeah, new experience he never had before. 1 sign off the bucket list 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

violating lese majeste laws

This won't help Thailand gain back its representation (lost in 2014) on the UNHRC. Ironically, one of PM Thavisin's initiatives.

"Thailand / Freedom of expression: UN expert recommends amendment of lèse majesté laws," 10 October 2011

https://www.ohchr.org/en/press-releases/

• "... any law that limits the right to freedom of expression must be clear and unambiguous regarding the specific type of expression that is prohibited, and proven to be necessary and proportionate for the intended purposes."

He could still skedaddle.  There is a family precedent for doing so at the last minute.

Former Thai PM Yingluck Shinawatra has fled abroad, sources say, ahead of a verdict in her trial over a rice subsidy scheme.

Sources in her party say she made the decision to leave unexpectedly, shortly before she was due to appear at the Supreme Court on negligence charges. Her lawyers told the court she had been unable to attend because she was ill. But when she failed to appear, the court issued an arrest warrant for her and confiscated her bail.   https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-41046993

Ohhh wonderful.  Tony consented to go to court.  How nice of him.  I mean, really...Tony is Tony - Teflon Tony.  Well, I'm sure if he is indicted and convicted there will be a nice, comfy remand prison penthouse suite for him to while-away-the-time until his pardon.  Of course, no doubt that "heart issue" will suddenly appear with Tony back on his death bed while weakly mouthing the request, "Please, please let me serve my time at home surrounded by my family and grandchildren <cough cough>."

""This is the big one! You hear that, Elizabeth? I'm coming to join ya, honey!"

hqdefault-1672228359.jpg.a9dc562bf70e9fd740fa09d04f223fc0.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thaksin is a menace... he should stay home and look after the grand children.

Better yet, he should stay outside this country like when the cha-cha guy threatend him with  a jailtime.  He knew it was time  to leavet the country.

"fortunately" for him he managed to divorce his wife before she left pronto with half the plane filled with her luggage.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

He goes to court and listens to a judge. Now that is definitely something new. 

I think he knows the outcome, as he did when he arrived to the hospital. He looks very fit concidering covid illness a few days ago,  just needed time to confirm with his boss about the court

• Agree 1

Thaksin commits to attending court 

So he says , He could get Very sick before then could he? 

He could also  leave the country  Before court day if he feels that he maybe found Guilty and has  to go to Jail.

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Thaksin is a menace... he should stay home and look after the grand children.

Mr T is relevant and the reason that sad obsessives live to fantasise about.

Think about it. Without the daily red meat thrown at the sad Mr T obsessives you and their lives would have nothing to hate.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Red Forever said:

Mr T is relevant and the reason that sad obsessives live to fantasise about.

Think about it. Without the daily red meat thrown at the sad Mr T obsessives you and their lives would have nothing to hate.

I don't hate him... I'm not a hater.

I just feel sad for the Thai population who deserve better than clan rule.

• Love It 1